You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "sarah c" started this thread

Reg: Sep 2nd 2008

Children: Andy has 2 children from a previous marriage

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 4:47pm

trying naturally after re-do reversal

Hi - I need your help!

My husband had a vasectomy before we met - he had a reversal about 2 years ago that was totally unsucessful! Then we had 3 unsuccessful ICSI cycles.

We then begun the adoption process and DH decided to give a re-do reversal a shot. We chose the DR very carefully and decided upon Dr Dawson in Hartlepool.

It worked!! and DH has just had first SA, 12 million with 2% motility - does this sound about right for 7 weeks after op?

Dr Dawson is on hol so not around to answer our questions. He has said, in his notes, that we should expect about 5 mil at this early stage with about 3% motility.

Is it possible to conceive with this sort of result? As far as we know I am fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you.
Sarah.x
I'm Sarah (32), married to Andy (39) for 3 years. Andy had a vasectomy before we met, after a failed reversal op, we have had 3 unsuccessful IVF cycles, another reversal op - OMG it worked - now trying naturally.

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 8:34pm

Hi Sara,

Sorry i can't offer an expert opinion, but i am sure someone will be along shortly who can!

From the little i know 12 million is pretty good 7 weeks post op, Dawson clinic is very good we went there for a consult but decided to go elsewhere as their waiting list was 6 months long, i am wishing we had gone there as OH's reversal failed but i guess you never know.

Good luck hun and congratulations :smile:
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 11:58pm

hi sarah,

dont really know the answer to your question, but just want to say Dr dawsons success rates are very good.
I know of 4 ladies whos dh got the reversal done and within 4 months they were pregnant.

My dh went there too but sadly dr dawson could not do the op as my dh had a "blow out" they call it.

Anyway good luck xxxx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

• "sarah c" started this thread

Reg: Sep 2nd 2008

Children: Andy has 2 children from a previous marriage

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 9:23am

Thank you ladies,

Glad the good work of Dr Dawson is known in here. Sorry to hear that you ladies have not had the happy ending you so want as yet.

Before seeing Dawson we saw Dr Hargreaves in Edinborough, he said that a re-do was not a good option for us and that another ICSI would give us the best chance (it didn't work). Later we went to see Dawson, he didn't hold much hope either but said he we give it a go if we wanted - thank god we did.

What I am trying to say is that don't give up - I have felt like it on so many occassions. I see that you are beginning a second ICSI cycle Kat - goodluck.

xxx
I'm Sarah (32), married to Andy (39) for 3 years. Andy had a vasectomy before we met, after a failed reversal op, we have had 3 unsuccessful IVF cycles, another reversal op - OMG it worked - now trying naturally.

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 10:37am

I am so glad that the re-do worked and you can try naturally.

My DH had a vas reversal which failed so nice to see that sometimes it does work.

And well done to your DH- sounds like you got a good one there if he willing to have it done twice.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE