You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Laura75

• "Laura75" started this thread

Reg: Jun 9th 2009

Children: 2 kids

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 8:44pm

Secondary infertility

Hello. I have two little boys. 4 years old and nearly 2... both conceived within one month each of trying! I am 33, hubby 32 and we have now been trying for baby number 3 for over one year. Hubby's SA showed poor morphology - 6% Krueger. Only explanation we have is frying our bums on our heated car seats for the past year. We realised this two months ago and stopped so it remains to be seen if this was the problem.... Am super grateful for our two children and if it does not happen then i am still the luckiest woman in the world but i am still yearning for number three.. and having all the guilt that goes with it.. anybody else have trouble conceiving number three?

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 9:31am

Hi Laura! I have split your thread into one of its own, so you don't get lost!

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

There is a secondary infertility/trying again section HERE where you can talk to others in a similar position to yourself.

There is a trying again chatter thread HERE where you can get to know some of the others trying again.

There is a thread called HOW IT FEELS - RANT CORNER , its well worth a read but have some tissues handy. If you feel ready add your own feeling too. Also, the BFN support board is HERE

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 6:41pm

Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to FZ, and the TA boards xxx

<

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 8:40pm

Hi and welcome to FZ! I hope you like it here.

I had trouble conceiving no. 2 so had IVF and luckily it worked. If truth be told, I'd probably have another if I could but know I can't so am trying to deal with it - not easy!

It's so easy to feel guilty for wanting another child when you have one/two/more. But it doesn't take away the longing for another baby. Lots of ladies on here in the TA section understand that, so please feel that you can talk and share your feelings on here.

Let us know how you're getting on and lots of luck conceiving baby no. 3.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Levanah

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: one son aged 13 from previous relationship

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 9:59pm

I can totally relate to you Laura75.... even though we know we are lucky to have children already and are very grateful for that .... it really doesnt take away that natural maternal urge and longing for another child.

It seems from looking at previous posts on FZ that it doesnt always mean that cos you had one two or more pregnancies before that future prgnancies will happen as easily.

I felt very low before the weekend and that there was no hope ...but FZ has really helped me put things more into perspective :smile:

Good luck hun ...I hope all goes well for you

Much love xx

Laura75

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 6:49pm

TTC no 3

Dear everyone, Thank you very much for your replies. I did not realise i had any until now! Am still getting the hang of how the site works. :-) I am getting quite depressed about this and finding it hard to cope with as things were so easy before. Yesterday i felt really upset when a friend told me that she conceived by accident on holiday... i don't even see the logic in that as i have also conceived so easily myself with my two children so why should that bother me? I love my children so much and am selling two businesses so that i can be a full time mum but i still CRAVE another baby. I feel like a bit of a fraud posting on this site to be honest since so many ladies have such sad experiences while ttc. Thanks again to everyone for responding. :-)

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 10:57pm

hi laura! im TTC my no 3! and like you am still in shock that it has not happend right away! my 1st two were really easy!! maximum of 2 months of trying, DS 11years old,DD 8 years old!! but here i am almost 2 years of TTC!! dont feel bad and please dont feel alone. we are all here to support eachother!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Laura75

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 6:39am

Failure...

Thank you for your reply. I was interested to hear your story, Poppy.. It is hard to describe but i was always so happy to be able to conceive so easily. I wanted another baby the minute i had my second. It was amazing. After the first i did not feel ready so quickly but after the second i wanted to start ttc straight away - i even mentioned it in the hospital. I just had to wait for the C section to heal before trying so i waited 10 months and hoped to have conceived within 6 months! One year later and 200 pregnancy tests later i am still no further forward. Now i feel like a complete failure. I regularly convince myself i am pregnant or try to talk myself into how two children is quite enough.... I have two friends doing IVF at the moment and i have not dared to mention it to them.

Monday, July 13th 2009, 10:11am

i was the same as you, i thought well yes we are ready for a baby, it came as a huge shock when it didnt happen like it did with my other two , and i felt so useless, and of course i blamed myself. i will be 33 at the end of this month and my DH is 34! he is not the dad to my eldest two. but he has had a s/a done and it came back fine. so here i am blaming myself again, all the tests i have had so far are clear, all tha cons can say is that i could have stopped ovulating because i was on the deproprvera injection, but i came off that 2 years ago, and i have been ovulating for months and still no baby! dont feel like your on your own! we are all here to help eachother, and i can understand why you are reluctant to tell you friends how you are feeling. but if they are good friends they will understand. xx

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "poppy32" (Jul 13th 2009, 10:13am)

8868dee

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?
New cycle start Feb/ March fingers crossed

Monday, July 13th 2009, 12:38pm

hi laura

welcome to :FZ: hunnie and i am sure you will like it on here xx

De:34 DH:36
DD1: 17yrs - Natural
DD2: 4 yrs - FET #3
DH: Super-Sperm | ME: No Fallopian Tubes
June 2011 Ruptured Ectopic (tubes removed)

8 Cycles IVF ( 4 X Fresh / 4 X Natural FET)
2 X Miscarriages (11+9 weeks) ;(
1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(
1 x Rainbow Baby Girl (05/14) : D

Laura75

Monday, July 13th 2009, 3:09pm

Thank you

Thank you Denise and thank you Poppy for replying. Today is my birthday and the girl who runs my business just informed me that she is pregnant (great for me since i am struggling to pay salaries and now have to pay for her maternity leave too) She is the only one who knows i have been trying for a long time but she informed me with glee that she was pregnant and mentioned that it's strange that i am still infertile... really annoyed me Grrrrrr.... People can be really insensitive with secondary infertility. It does however make me feel like i am not alone to read your messages and i really thank you all for your messages. It is one week from AF and i have the old familiar symptoms of having failed again this month...

Monday, July 13th 2009, 6:14pm

happy birthday laura !! :birthdaycake: i bet it really annoyed you!!! that was a very cruel and mean comment. i hope you let her know it hurt your feelings! you are right loads of people are insensitive about it, even my own mum told me i should be greatful for what i have! i told her that i am every single day, but my d/h has none of his own and i know he loves both of mine to bits, but a baby of his own really is the most special gift i could give him!
my AF is due on thursday and i have to be honest its not looking good for me either :sadface:. i know its really hard but its not your fault and you have not "failed"
have you had any tests done? or just your DH? it maybe worth him having another s/a in a month or two to see if not using the heated seats has helped his [zx151] improve a bit. i made my d/h do two! bless him!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Laura75

Monday, July 13th 2009, 7:44pm

:-)

Hi Poppy, Thank you for my cake :-) Made me smile. I have not had any tests done. Went to my doctor 6 months ago and asked for some (i am 34 today) but he said to go home and have a glass of wine and relax. Basically said that i was fertile a little over a year earlier so what would have changed... Hmmmm... We are waiting for the 3 month mark before doing another SA but hubby is taking Maca, Proxeed and Pycnogenol (there have been some good studies on that) so we will do another on 20th August to see if it has changed... but actually Paul (the expert on this site) said that overall it's actually a good sperm picture as it is so perhaps it is me.. i do have a lot of ovulation pain and my period pain starts a week before (achy feeling) it is due so perhaps endo? Who knows..I also told the doc this but he said it was normal... i will certainly keep you posted! It is really nice to talk to you :-) ps. My mum said the same thing about being happy with what i have and also my hubby. He is 100% happy with his two boys and would love another but is not as frantic as i am.. :-) Don't you hate when you just "know" that AF is definitely going to show up this month? My period is due next monday... What i wouldn't give for it not to come!!!! Two little lines on a test.... but you know.. it's so funny i was obsessed about having a girl as i have two boys. Now i couldn't care less. I want a baby!!!! :-)