You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JPS

• "JPS" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2009

Children: Hounslow

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 1:29pm

When to bd with clomid

Hi there I am new to clomid 50mg day2-6. I have read the clomid FAQ's, they were very helpful. :smile:

When should I start bd'ing; do you wait until after your last tablets? Does ovulation on clomid relate to the length of your cycles without it? (ie I have 32 day cyles on average so would that still mean I ov later than 28 day cycle people or does clomid change that?

When should I start opk's? Can they give you a false positive on clomid. I am confused as it says it raises your LH and therefore could give you a false positive but wouldn't raised LH mean you were going to ovulate anyway (Clomid induced or not?)

Can Clomid make your period dry up? I took my first tab and af has been reduced to spotting on day 3 which is short for me.

Thanks a lot, I am having monitoring and have had an HSG, Laparoscopy and tests. I am on clomid as although all is 'healthy' I ovulate rarely.

xxx

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 1:48pm

RE: When to bd with clomid

Hi there, I've never taken Clomid so can't really answer your questions

These threads might help though:

What day do you usually ovulate while on clomid?

Clomid and OPK's

Clomid and ov testing and bloods

good luck
xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 3:19pm

Hi,

Wisdom is that you should bd every 2-3 days throughout your cycle as it keeps the sperm at optimum health. However, for conception you might find clomid shortens your cycles, I had 30 day cycles and on clomid this shortened to 27-28 days so you may find you're ovulating around day 14. You will probably find you start to feel a bit bloated/achey around ovulation as clomid makes the follies bigger than usual.

I'm very surprised that they aren't giving you a scan around day 11, I would really push for this as they are supposed to monitor you on at least the first cycle to look for signs of OHSS. If you get the scan on day 11 they should be able to tell you when you're due to ovulate, also push for a day 21 b/t if they don't offer it to make sure it's making you ovulate as some people do need a slightly higher dose.

It may well cause your AF to dry a little as it kick starts your cycle a little harder so you're body is probably ramping up faster than usual.

Good luck getting your BFP.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 3:19pm

Hi There

I believe they will tell you to bed from around day 8. As long as you bed at least 3 times a week you would cover it. I took clomid the same days as you and ovulated day 14, although some women do ovulate earlier. Best to chart and watch for other signs of ovulation (EWCM, cervix).

Good luck

x
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

JPS

• "JPS" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2009

Children: Hounslow

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 3:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Blondie
Hi There

I believe they will tell you to bed from around day 8. As long as you bed at least 3 times a week you would cover it. I took clomid the same days as you and ovulated day 14, although some women do ovulate earlier. Best to chart and watch for other signs of ovulation (EWCM, cervix).

Good luck

x

Thanks a lot, I am charting (temps, cm, opks) but was wondering if clomid made your charts invalid in any way?

We bd everyday around ov as OH has normal sperm... is that ok or could it hinder chances?

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE