You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "tia12" started this thread

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: None

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 12:40pm

Reflexology told me one bad ovary!!

Hi, Me and DP are going for ICSI, due to start injections this Friday so really worried about starting and decided to try Reflexology. I have had a scan in the past and the hospital told me I had a mild case of PCOS.

When I went to the reflexologist she told me it was my right ovary and I could feel this was painful in my foot. The hospital never informed me of which ovary it was and I didnt inform the reflexologist of this before she teated me.

I found I was really relaxed and my body felt a lot better all over....very strange.

Has anyone else used Reflexology during cycles and if so did it help you?

Would be really good to hear your stories...
TTC 4 & 1/2 yrs
Me 26 & DP 27
Started ICSI 12th June 2009, 16 eggs, 11 mature, all injected but none fertilised due to poor sperm quality

starsmile

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 1:38pm

I was told that reflexology is fine in the period leading up to the treatment cycle but it is not advised during treatment or early pregnancy. Sorry, I don't know the reason why, but it is probably worth you checking.

Best of luck with ICSI.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 1:43pm

Oh no, thats really bad news for me as I thought this would be a really good was of relaxing and having "me" time.

Do you know if this is the same for Acupuncture? I have heard it can mess cycles up and things so probably wont be trying that anyway.

Thanks for your advice, will double check as you say but probably not worth the risk....I have come this far!!

How are you getting on? I have noticed you started your 2nd cycle in May?

Do you have any good relaxation tips??
TTC 4 & 1/2 yrs
Me 26 & DP 27
Started ICSI 12th June 2009, 16 eggs, 11 mature, all injected but none fertilised due to poor sperm quality

starsmile

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 2:03pm

Hi

We already have quite a lot of threads on acupuncture and IVF, for example

** ACUPUNCTURE CHATTER **

If you use the search facility you should find lots more!
*** HOW TO SEARCH! ***

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

tel

Reg: Jan 16th 2009

Children: 1 Beautiful Boy Born 20/01/10

Monday, June 29th 2009, 4:22pm

Sorry for the late reply as not been on for a while, but I had accupuncture and reflexology right through my last cycle and I had my best cycle yet, my mood swings where better in fact everybody who knew I was doing another IVF CYCLE said hoe different I had been this time round, and of course this time I got my BFP. I swear they both helped. Good luck
2008 ICSI. Bfn
2008 FET. Bfn
2009 Egg Share IVF with Acupuncture BFP
DS born 20/01/10. Recipient - Twins
Dec 2011 FET with Acu
ET 1x6cell 1x7cell
2ww

Monday, June 29th 2009, 4:29pm

Hi Tel,

Thanks for your reply. I started my 2nd injections on Thursday so I am quite far along my cycle now and dont seem to be stressed yet which is a good sign!

I cant remember where I saw it but apparently the reason you are not supposed to have reflexology and accupuncture during the cycle is because the drugs are supposed to take control over your hormones etc and the alternative medicines are to balance you so they can sometimes counter the other one out. The nurse at the clinic said i would be ok to continue with my reflexolgy gut i didnt want to risk it.

Hopefully it will work first time for me but if not I will be contacting my reflexology nurse and accupuncture ASAP :snigger:

Congratulations on your BFP and thanks for your reply.
TTC 4 & 1/2 yrs
Me 26 & DP 27

starsmile

Reg: Apr 10th 2009

Children: none

Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 3:46am

Hi, all the best to your cycle. Relflexology is good for relaxing the muscles in your body and encourage blood flow. However, please do be careful not to go for reflexology after your ET as certain points at your foot and back of the calf will cause miscarriage. Reflexology is very common place at where I live. Please do be careful about it, similar to other forms of traditional medicines, herbs and methods. They work wonders but it's potent and should be used only for specific times/reasons.
Lotsa Love,
Janice

Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 10:34am

Hi Janice,

Thanks for the advice, our ICSI was unsuccessful so I have booked in for my reflexology next week as I have PCOS and do not ovulate. I will be careful and obviously if I ever become pregnant I will stop the reflexology as soon as I know.

Good luck with your EC

Tia xx
TTC 4 & 1/2 yrs
Me 26 & DP 27

starsmile

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Children: no children

Friday, November 6th 2009, 9:28pm

Hi All,

Very interesting reading that you shouldn't have acupuncture/reflexology during tx. I didn't know that and most therapy centre encourage you to continue during tx!!!! Everybody has their own opinion and it doesn't help knowing what to do for the best. I tried acupuncture for the 1st time last week and didn't enjoy it at all. I found it quite uncomfortable with a small bruise still visible where one of the needles went in. I didn't feel relaxed at all so I have decided to try reflexology instead in which I will be going on wednesday. I havn't started tx yet so that's ok but until now I wouldn't have realised it would have been a problem to continue during tx. I'm so confused, I thought it may have helped??!!

Jilly-bean.

xxx
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE