You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "hillching" started this thread

Reg: Dec 15th 2008

Children: CRM London

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 6:05pm

short protocol for PCOS???

Hi girls.

I am on a NHS list and saw the consultant who decide to put me on short protocol knowing that I have got PCOS. I thought short protocol is for woman who respond poorly to stimulation drugs?

While i am waiting for the NHS IVF, I had my first ISCI in a private clinic where I was on a long protocol with 23 eggs harvested and estradiol was 8000 2 days before HCG injection. therefore the doctor has prescribed some drugs to minimise the risk of OHSS. If I am not pregnant, I will go to NHS hospital for my second ISCI. Shall I tell the doctor that I already had a private ISCI and respond very well on the drugs? Will I lost my chance on NHS because I pay for 1 cycle of the private ISCI?

Please advice

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 6:09pm

my clinic use the short antagonist protocol for ladies with pcos

in wales you are allowed 2 self funded cycles yet if you have a third you are no longer entitled to a nhs cycle
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 6:57pm

Hi Hillching,

With regards to you losing your NHS funding if you mention your previous private cycle, I think different PCT's have different rules.

There's a link here: PCT CONTACT DETAILS which contains contact details and website addresses of all the pct's. It's worth looking up yours and seeing if they mention it. If not, contact them to double check.

:xxx3:

Moonshine

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE