You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tishers" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 2:23pm

First time next month

Hello everybody!!

We are starting IUI treatment on next month's cycle for the first time. I am very nervous about this, I have read about what happens and am so desperate for it to work. We have seen the consultant at the private clinic and have an appointment with the nurse on Monday, the NHS refused us treatment due to by BMI being over 30 which was very upsetting for me. Any help and advice would be so much appeciated on experiences.
Thank you
Nicky
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

Friday, May 8th 2009, 12:02pm

Hi Tish

I too am starting iui for the ist time in june. We are seeing the nurse this monday 11th too and am so excited:P Im taking folic acid, no exercise and eating anything i want and try to just be relaxed. Any preps for you?
We are being funded by the nhs too and right old hassle to get results to take to chelsea. It's all done now.
Good luck for monday. Hopefully catch up with how urs is going x x x x x x x x x x x
[/url]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "champagne" (May 8th 2009, 12:06pm)

Monday, May 11th 2009, 8:06pm

hi ladies

i have my 1st private referral for IUI at hammersmith tomorrow, so maybe starting tx in june as well!! fingers crossed for us all xx
Me - 30 DH - 32
6 * Clomid - Nov 2008 - Apr 2009 - BFN
1st IVF/ ICSI - Sept 09 / Oct 2009- BFN
2nd IVF/ICSI & A/H - Dec/Jan 10 - BFN
3rd IVF/ICSI -May/Jun 10 - EC but no ET
4th IVF/ICSI - Jan/Feb 11 - BFN
5th IVF/ICSI/Blasto - June 11 - BFP

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Children: Ready and waiting !

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 9:04am

Hello girls,
I'll be starting my first IUI very soon, hopefull the end of this month, otherwise in June. We're being treated at a public hospital in France. We have an appointment tomorrow morning to fix the schedule. Why don't you come and join all the IUI ladies in IUI chitter chatter ?
** IUI CHITTER CHATTER MAY 2009**
(Hope my link works, otherwise near the top of the list in the IUI/DI section).
babydust to all !

Me : 34 Him : 34
Low Ovarian reserve (AMH 7.9) 3 IUIs 2009 3 x BFN
IVF cycle currently going pear-shaped (only 2 follicles)

My IVF Diary:

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/thread.ph…797#post1031797

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 2:52pm

Thanks for your responses everybody, well we went to see the nurse at the clinic yesterday. Needless to say I got a bit emotional, mind you doesn't take much! We chatted to the nurse for a while and she explained the injections and scans etc, all we got to do now is wait until my next cycle starts probably 3/4 June and phone up and then I will be off for the first scan and then start the injections, and around the middle of June will be first insemination! Good luck to everybody else and look fowrard to hearing how you are doing!

Nicky xxxx

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 3:47pm

:happy:
Good luck to you all!! and fingers crossed you get your dream real soon xxx
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 5:24pm

Good luck Tishers - I hope it works as well for you as it did me xfingers

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Friday, May 15th 2009, 3:56pm

Hi all,

I am a newbie here and hopefully will be doing first iui June/July. Have got consultation on 3rd June but my AF is due that day (typical!!) so think we will have to wait another month until July to start :sadface:

Don't really know what to expect but am excited and a bit nervous to be here at last - it seems like it has taken forever to get to this point in our ttc journey!! Feels like we are moving onto the next stage now and I am trying to be positive and hopeful about it :happy:

Good luck to everyone and hope to share experiences with you and hopefully we will all get our much wanted BFP very soon!!

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 8:36pm

Well my period started on 4 June so I phoned clinic to book scan, went there yesterday (Friday) and everythign was OK until they found a cyst on my ovary. Treamtent can't go ahead and I'm gutted and now worried. I have posted on general fertility page the fully story so not sure if that is the right place to post.

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 2:38pm

:hi: Tishers,

I am really sorry to hear that your tx got cancelled :sadface: I started my tx on 4th June also, and had a scan yesterday (day 6) where they found what they thought were 3 folicles at 10mm, 11mm and 16mm, but they think that the 16mm one is a cyst because it seems like it is too big to be a folicle on day 6!! Got to go back for another scan tomorrow to check see if it has grown, but I have a horrible feeling it is the cyst they found a couple of months ago that hasn't gone away!! :sadface: How big was your cyst? Did you have any folicles?

Big :hugs:

Cindy :rainbow:

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 2:44pm

Hi Cindy,
My cyst was just over 2cm big, and there was a folicle in the same ovary as well, so I'm not sure if that will ovulate this month, I mean obviously we are going to try the natural way if I do ovulate but Im not sure if it will because of the cyst, I don't know about that, I didn't ask them. I am having another scan done at the start of my next period (around beginning of July) so see if the cyst still there or not.

Fingers crossed you do have a rather large folicle sitting there! and not the cyst :thumbsup2:

Good luck and let me know how you go

Nicky x :xxx3:

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 2:55pm

Thanks Nicky,

I am hoping even if it is a cyst that they will do the tx anyway as they knew it was there before and said it wouldn't affect tx!! It is on my right ovary and the other folicles are on my left so hopefully that will help as well!! They are not giving me the menopur as originally planned as they think I have responded well enough with just the clomid!! Did they say anything about the lining of your womb - they said that mine was thicker than expected for day 6 (not sure if that a good or bad thing?!!)

Will let you know what they say 2moz xfingers

Good luck with the [zx084]

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 3:13pm

Hi Cindy,
Fingers crossed for tomorrow thinking of you. She did say my womb lining was thin which was what she wanted to see, and then she looked at one ovary and said that was fine then went across and looked at the other one and said "oh I didn't want to see that" and of course I knew then something wasn't right and she said the cyst was there but behind it was a folicle, to be honest I can't remember if it was my right or left but I think it was my right because everything went a bit awol at that point. She told me that the drugs would make the cyst bigger but I am assuming that as you have been taking the drugs and if it is a cyst that there would be no reason to abandon now because the drugs have made the cyst bigger anyway now and having the treatment done at this stage wouldn't affect it, I don't know, I'm probably rambling. Not sure about the womb lining at that stage though, sorry can't be of more help on that one.
Await positive news tomorrow !! :hugs:

Nicky x [zx160]

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 3:36pm

Just wanyed to say good luck 2 you all..

When I had my first IUI my follice was if memory serves me right like 34mm. I only had one follice that even was there so we went ahead an done the IUI. RE didn't see one in other ovary at all.
Back trying again with IUI

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 1:50pm

:hi: Nicky,

it was as I thought - the 16mm is a cyst as it hasn't grown and neither has one of the ones on my left side, so they think that that one is a cyst too :sadface: So that leaves me with one folicle that is growing, and is at 14mm today (day 8)!! - Don't know whether that is a good size?! The nurse said my lining was fine today and that there is no reason why they can't proceed with the tx as long as there is a folicle growing!! Am relieved but worried because I obviously didn't respond to the clomid as well as they thought, and I thought that with the clomid I would produce more folicles cos I ovulate on my own anyway?!!

How are you feeling? Are they hoping the your cyst will go away on it's own? The nurse said today that they usually do.

Thanks for your good wishes and your help :smile:

[zx033]

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE