You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bambiuk

• "bambiuk" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2009

Children: I HAVE 4 GROWN UP

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 7:37pm

Sterilisation Reversal Advice Needed

hi,thanks for reading my post i am 38 years old will be 39 this july and i was sterilised approx 10 yrs ago using the filishie clips after 4 healthy pregenicies.i recently married my hubby is 37 and as a 11 yr old daughter from previous marriage.we have decided to go for a reversal i went to see a consultant last month who said the only problem he as got with it was my age?? :cross:i had a fhs test done at my gp and it came bk on 8.0 which supposed to be good for my age.my periods over the last 12 months have gone from every 28 days to spotting on day 21 then on day 24 start my period normally lasting for the same 5 days,this last month i have started taking multivitamins & iron tablets and my period still asnt arrived and i am on day 24 so maybe these tablets have regulated me a little ?(.well i have my reversal date for 23rd may 09 i am having a laproscopic operation so i will be home the same day hopefully.is there anyone who can advise me on this espeacially my age and would a ovalation predictor test be any use for after the reversal or not?as the consultant told us to try asap after the operation.i hope and pray that god will give us just 1 more bundle of joy x

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:58pm

Hi!

Your FSH is great! That's excellent news!

I would think and ovulation predictor could be really helpful, although I think the general advice is regular sex, every 2-3 days, just to make sure all bases are covered, so to speak!

I'm afraid I have no experience of reversals so can't give you any advice but wish you lots of luck for yours later this month.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: May 21st 2009

Children: DD & DS, both teens!

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 11:00am

I think your FSH is great! Mine was 11.05 in November (age 39&2 months) and then by January it was up to 18.49. I heard that there are some clinics in the USA that won't take women for IVF if their FSH is over 8, but for IVF it is different as they need to get lots of eggs, wheras you only need one egg at the right time!

I also had my tubes tied, 11 years ago after 2 children, (bad idea, regretted it ever since and asked several times for reversal). Now new DH and I were considering going for private reversal (he has no children) until we got the results of my FSH level and his morphology.

Anyway your operation looks to be in 2 days so best of luck with it. I think the length of tube you have left afterwards is important so ask them about that.

And go for the ovulation predictor test, it might be costly but will be worth it, as your doctor said you will want to get started right away with trying.

Best of luck,
Coffee Bean
:hugs: :angel2:

bambiuk

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 5:37pm

well thank u ladies,only 2 days to go before my sterilisation reversal,my period last month i went 27 days whoo, whoo so it looks much better hope it stays that way.im a little worried but it will soon be over and i shall be home the same day.i went out today and brought some ovalation test so im all prepared .is there anyone out there that as any success storys after reversal around my age or is there anyone out there that as concieved naturally around my age.i will let you know ladies how the op went in a few days. xxxx

bambiuk

Sunday, May 24th 2009, 6:38pm

hi,well its all over and done now,i had a laproscopic op i didnt need to be cut so i aint got a big scar and it only took a hour and half to do the operaration i was home the same day,today i feel a little uncomfortable but i expected it to be more painful :bawl:,i just got to heal now then start the roads of trying. x

Jodie

Megastar

Sunday, May 24th 2009, 11:33pm

Evening! Glad to hear that the operation was quick, and that you're not in too much pain. Hope you're being well looked after!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: May 21st 2009

Children: DD & DS, both teens!

Thursday, May 28th 2009, 8:24am

So glad it went well, rest up and good luck with the trying!

bambiuk

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 10:14am

pregnant

well ladies,i was due around 6th july and a few days later i started spotting brownish discharge,i just thought it was the start of my period as i did tests and they showed negative,this spotting went on for 3 days then last monday i started spotting red blood and had a red jelly type clot come from me,but i wasnt in any pain,something told me to do a test again which came out one dark line and a lighter line underneath,so i went see my gp who sent me up to the hospital,where i was examaned and was told my cervex was closed,i was still bleedind but not heavy.i felt a bit tender in one side of my groin area but nothing bad,i was told to go to the e.p.u in the morning to have a hcg blood test,that came bk low and so i was told to come back 2 days later and this time it had slightly risen by 41 percent,i had a scan and a internal scan but it didnt pick nothing up,but the nurse said they didnt expect to see anything as it is far to early,i went for another blood test yesterday but got to wait now until monday afternoon for the results.ive been told it could be one of 3 things i,ve miscarried,a eptopic pregnancy,or i am still pregnant.as anyone out there had a experience similar to this?i stopped bleeding on thursday and only bleed heavy on monday while loosing that clot type thing.any advice will be greatly appriated thank you. x x :bawl:

bambiuk

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 6:26pm

HI LADIES,WELL IM HOME TODAY AFTER BEING IN HOSPITAL FOR 2 DAYS I FOUND OUT I HAD A EPTOPIC PREGNANCY IN MY LEFT TUBE SO I HAD MY TUBE TAKEN AWAY AS WELL,I STILL GOT 2 HEALTHY OVARIES AND ONE HEALTHY TUBE TO TRY AGAIN IN THE FUTURE,ITS A GOOD JOB I WENT IN AS THERE WAS A PINT AND HALF OV BLOOD FLOATING AROUND IN MY TUMMY AND MY TUBE WAS VERY SWOLLEN :bawl: :bawl: SO IM FEELING REALLY EMPTY AND SAD X

Jodie

Megastar

Sunday, August 2nd 2009, 10:40pm

Oh, I'm so sorry to read your post. What a horrible time for you.

How are you feeling?

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE