You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 17th 2008

Children: Kai is on the way :-)

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 9:52pm

HI,
I have an appointment with the public gyno on the 8th of June to discuss with him about starting IVF. Let's see how long it will take!! I will probably be in Australia before it can happen :snigger:

2MUMS :hugs:

Hi LALA great to hear from you again. Soon you get to start IVF!! I wish you a BFP! X

DONPIE HI and Welcome!! Drink lots of water for your follies and milk for the lining!! For losing weight i recommend what the other girls said :D

SLYFOXY Good to hear from you hon! One week left how exciting!! I'm wishing for your BFP this month X

ESHA Congrats on your job hon. I hope your nephews behave for you! X

MELIH Hi, glad your feeling better X

LOOPY Hello again :happy: yeah the tx's really mess around the AF. WOW how cool that you can start your next IUI soon!! Wishing you lots of positive vibes for your BFP

babydust :sticky: :BFP: FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

donpie

Reg: Sep 4th 2009

Children: l&d hospital

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 10:45pm

follicle growth

do you know why or how water helps your follicles grow?

this and the milk tip is sort of thing the hospital doesnt tell us!.

feel like im on a rollercoaster 2 ww then feel awful when period arrives then you think here we go again clomid on day 2-6 although i did a mistake this time and did 1-6!. then ring up re scan on day 12 not helpful re times they only have times im at work and as ive been made p time since march dont want ask for time off unless desperate!.
then hope on day husband does his bit last time told was his best ever even looked at spare under microscope!.
anyway have day 12 scan on tuesday so fingers crossed.

sometimes gets me down though have been at home at times by self and just sat here crying.was on antidepressants last year cause of stress of work and all this but i came of the tablets as didnt want to rely on them did ask consultantant if they would effect iui he said no.

anyway good luck every one.

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Friday, May 8th 2009, 9:05am

Hi Donpie

Not sure if this is official or whether you've already been told this but my DH was told to 'abstain' from intercourse (or anything else!! :snigger:) for 3 to 4 days before he gave his sample to ensure there were enough there to use for IUI.

This is all such a rollercoaster and is bound to make you feel down. It is so so hard but you will get through it. The best of luck for your scan on Tues and here's hoping for a lovely BFP for you!

take care

xxx

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Friday, May 8th 2009, 9:11am

blowkiss
Hello my lovely ladies, hope you are all ok? just a quick pop in to wish you all the luck in the world who are on their 2ww!...
Lalazig, my dh was told the same, but i think his was 2 days before i had my IUI....
I hope you all have a super weekend? tomorow am off to a dog walk with dh and pooch :happy: if the weather is nice, its a charity event, and there is a treasure hunt etc, so hopefully be a good day, then i think we are going to grab a take out and chill sat night, sunday, i have a good friend's daughter's 4th party, well we are going to the last part which is the parents chiling in a pub garden bit!!! :snigger: shame i cant drink!!
You all take care and catch up next week!! mwah to you xxx

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Children: Ready and waiting !

Friday, May 8th 2009, 9:42am

Hi girls,
Just a quick hello, I hope everyone is well.

Littlefit : that's good news about your appointment. Are you planning to go back to Australia so soon ?

Loopy : Glad your time in Lourdes took your mind off things. Welcome back ! Not long till the next tx cycle.

Esha : Good luck with the kids. Maybe you should take them outside and wear them out if the weather's ok ?

Welcome downpie, and goos luck with the weightloss. I'm off to the gym in an hour or so, then will probably spend most of the afternoon eating chocolate in the garden. :P

2mums : I really think you should just take care of yourself (and DP) and not worry too much about what other people expect of you for now. :xxx:

Slyfoxy : Good luck for the rest of the 2ww xfingers.

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend (mine started yesterday evening - bank holiday today in France !).

I've got my appointment at the hospital on Wednesday morning, so I'm really hoping we'll be able to start the first IUI before the end of the month, especially since May and June are quite quiet periods for me at work.

:bye:

donpie

Friday, May 8th 2009, 10:40am

thanks

hi everyone thanks for your encouragement and tips.

husband doesnt understand how i feel he trys but not same for men!.

yes he was told to abstain from doing anything 3 days before the iui.

think we should have discount on preg tests as we all spend so much on them even though we know really its testing just in case!.

raining heavy here in luton at mo but will make myself go to toning tables after work otherwise effort to get out again if go home first!.ok once there.

keep positive everyone.

Friday, May 8th 2009, 11:45am

RE: follicle growth

DONNA.. I think the drinking lots of water helps your follies grow better!! ESHA can answer you better that question. Anyway its good to drink lots of water for the body, they say to drink at least 8 glasses a day!!
I know what you mean about all of this being such a roller coaster!! I'm taking anti depressants at the moment just started about 2 weeks ago. I've been feeling down about not being able to conceive and homesick!! Hopefully i only have to take them for about 3mths.
You take care of yourself and we are here for you. :heart:

BETTY Have fun hon XX

CROISSANT Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday i'm hoping you can start your tx and will get your BFP . We plan on leaving to Australia around November sometime. That's if my DH's papers don't take to long! :D

Have a great week end EVERYONE :xxx3:

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Friday, May 8th 2009, 12:55pm

Oh thank goodness it’s Friday!

I just want it to be tomorrow so I can get the ‘official’ test out of the way and put it behind me.

I’ll prob have to take a couple of months’ break before starting again, but will see what my clinic says. I don’t know how I’m going to manage the waiting – it feels like everything’s on hold at the moment and getting pg is all I can think about. Decided not to go to the baby shower tomorrow…

Slyfoxy – not long to go! Fingers crossed for you and I really hope you get your BFP this month.

Melih, no I didn’t have any frozen embies so will have to start from scratch.

Loopy, yeah I’m OK thanks, I had a bad couple of days but feeling much more positive now. It was only my first try, after all! Excellent advice on diets… I hate fad diets of any sort and think healthy eating is def the way to go for people who want to lose weight. You’re lucky that your AF only lasts 3 days – mine is usually a week! It’s prob messed up because of your tx.

Little, hope you don’t have to wait too long… we can keep each other sane! :happy:

Donpie, I know what you mean about the rollercoaster… it wreaks havoc with your emotions. Hope you get your BFP soon.

Betty, have fun on your dog walk, hope the sun comes out for you!

Crossant, you’re right, thanks for the advice.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and hello to those I’ve missed.

Friday, May 8th 2009, 6:01pm

hello girls!

Can someone please remind me how long we have to abstain from making love :P before iui. My DH will be giving a sample on monday the 11th may... at 4pm! He is dying to shoot now :snigger: sorry to be so graphic! It's my fault! He just got home and im in my nurses outfit :P almost forgot about monday!
Help help help x x x x x

Reg: Jun 25th 2008

Children: Hospiten

Friday, May 8th 2009, 6:50pm

champagne normally it's not less than three days and not more than five

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Craigavon

Friday, May 8th 2009, 7:34pm

Hi Champers - the nurse at the hospital said just refrain from doinng 'it' the night before, so you should be ok right now :P and that'll give you 2.5 days for him to 'refill' :snigger:

Been running around today, no work done. Woke groggy and tired but satisfied after 11 hours sleep!! Had loads of things to pack for posting, my GI good food 'diet' shopping list to organise, dry cleaning and new jeans hemming dropped off, post posted, food shopped and cat picked up. He (Elvis) doesn't know what to do... reassert his territory (he just peed by the Buddha in the garden), get cuddles and hair combs or nibble his food. So spoiled!!

The weather in Norn Irn doesn't know what to do. rain, blue sky and sun, more rain, blue sky, hailstones, etc etc all day. Hope it's better tomorrow... back to the cycling.

Have a great weekend everyone.

kisses to all
babydust to everyone on 2ww
PMA to 2mums and anyone that needs it
Lxx

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 3:09pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry not been around for a while...had a busy couple of weeks and also trying to not think too much into the whole ttc journey. We had an IVF initial consultation but were told the waiting list is 15 months and we only get one go - so gutted :bawl: I really hope that IUI works for us and that we won't need it but if it doesn't I don't think we can wait that long...will start to look into private but the thought of putting ourselves into that much debt without any guarantees that it'll work scares me big time!

It's been a week since our 3rd IUI and I'm coping quite well on my 2ww this time around....of course I want to know the result but I think keeping myself extremely busy has stopped me overthinking everything. There are a couple of things niggling me at the moment but trying not to think too much about them...maybe if I type them here I'll feel like I've got it all out and can get on with things...
(.) (.) are not at all sore - usually by this time they would be but nothing yet, also still worry that follie was too small (17mm) and with only one the chances are very small, other thing is that I had my trigger shot on the same day as IUI (again lowers our chances as ovulation would have been 36hrs later)....ok so I've got that out of my system....must stay POSITIVE!

We've got some friends round tonight for a bbq and will prob be visiting family tomorrow so hopefully keeping busy will mean I don't begin the madness of symptom searching on the 2ww!!!

Have a great weekend lovely ladies lurve

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 3:09pm

2mums - so sorry to hear your news....sending you lots of PMA to get you through this hun x

2mums

Star

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 4:06pm

Hi girls,

Got my official BFN this morning. I’m going to see my doc on Wednesday to find out when I can start again, but I’ve read that most clinics suggest waiting for two AFs between cycles. How will I ever manage to wait that long?!

Loopy, thanks for the PMA – at least I have a while to build it up again before the next try. Can’t remember the last time I got 11 hours sleep – probably when I was a student!

Kayjay, good to hear from you. The 2ww is so hard but all you can do is take things really easy and try to stay positive. Sorry to hear you have such a long wait for IVF... really hoping the IUI will work for you so you won’t have to. And thanks for the PMA.

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend.

Monday, May 11th 2009, 9:45am

Hey girls

Have just posted on my diary, as you'll see from my signature - I was pregnant for 2 weeks! It was a very happy 2 weeks! Not anymore though. Didn't tell you all as didn;t want to tempt fate, serves me right eh? Should've told you all and perhaps the ending would have been a different one.

xxx

Monday, May 11th 2009, 10:41am

X( Lalazig, huge hugs to you, thinking of you sweetie xxxx

donpie

Monday, May 11th 2009, 11:15am

lalazig

sorry to hear your bad news but at least you know you can get pregnant so can try again when you are ready.

Monday, May 11th 2009, 11:46am

2MUMS :hugs: So sorry about your BFN honey. I hope you can do your next tx soon and receive your BFP!! Stay strong XX

LALAZIG lurve So sorry, i hope you are feeling ok!! Try to see the positive side of things, that you can Conceive! I know of women who have had m/c and then gone on to have babies. I hope the next time will be the one! We are all here for you XX

KAYJAY Sending you lots of babydust i hope that you will receive your BFP this time around! Try not to think to much in it all...Relax and stay calm! XX

Hi to everyone else XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2mums

Star

Monday, May 11th 2009, 12:54pm

Hi girls, how are you all today?

I’ve ordered myself a couple of IVF books from Amazon to keep me going until I can try again.

Lalazig, I am so sorry about your m/c. Sending you hugs. :hugs:

Monday, May 11th 2009, 4:34pm

Hello Ladies,

Oh no, what a lot of bad news : (

Lalazig : I'm so sorry, you must be crushed. You and DP look after each other :hugs:, and keep each other strong for the next try. Best ofluck :rose:.

2mums: So sorry you didn't get the outcome you'd been hoping for. Do you have a follow-up appointment about arranging the next cycle ? The first cycle of IVF is often considered to be a trial run I believe, sure they'll get it right next time. Not that I imagine that makes the disappointment any easier to handle.

Little : November sounds like a great time to be leaving for Australia. You'll be leaving us to endure the long European winter alone :blizzard: You'll have to send us some sunny vibes !!

Kayjay : Hope you're feeling good, and handling the expectation well. I'm sorry that the IVF consultation was so discouraging. It doesn't seem fair that they make people wait so long. It's such a hard journey without the extra pressure. I guess at least time is on your side : you are still really young in ttc terms. Hoping for good news for you soon. babydust

Hello to Champagne, Charlie, Betty, Loopy, donpie, slyfoxy, Esha, MarieH :winking:

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I did - even got a sunburnt neck from sitting out in the garden all afternoon ! Spoke to my friend in San Francisco yesterday, and am getting really excited about our trip in August. I'm also continuing to read up on the adoption procedure in France, all of which is bringing me a lot of hope and PMA. Hopefully that should help me make it through the tx without losing my sanity. Having you girls to talk to is a great help also. :thanx:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Croissant" (May 11th 2009, 4:35pm)

2mums

Star

Monday, May 11th 2009, 5:07pm

Hi Croissant,

yes, my follow-up appointment is on Wednesday.

Reading up on the adoption process sounds like a good plan - you should also look online for some adoption forums to find out what it's really like. Mum2 and I originally considered adoption but weren't impressed with the process and decided it wasn't for us. Feel free to PM me if you want more info... I don't want to put you off but it's good to be prepared.

Reg: Feb 23rd 2009

Children: God gave me a wonderful gift ~ will be a mom soon!

Monday, May 11th 2009, 5:39pm

2mums ~~ I'm really sorry about your bfn.. I really like your high PMA! Keep going dear... Mayb on your next cycle everything will be okey!

Lalazig ~~ I'm sorry for the m/c, i'm totally with kelly, atlis you know you can be pregnant.. Well just hope and pray that next time it's for u to stick..

Hi to everyone else...

I am quite busy at work, stimming ~~ i keep reading post bt got no time really to concentrate and post something.

Miss you all!!

Monday, May 11th 2009, 10:18pm

hello girls

Went to chelsea for the nurse appnt and DH semen analysis! His works are much more improved wahoooo!:snigger: .
We are going for our ist iui at the beginning of June. The nurse will book me in around ovulation possibly 2nd week of june! Another 3 weeks of counting timeX( X( Anyway, it cud be worse. They are having revamps in june hence trying to cramp us all. I felt like I had to beg:cross: today tomake sure we get appnt in june! Anyway enough of me!

Soz to hear about the BNF 2MUMMS, lalazig,my heart goes out to you! But keep the PMA guys
We will all get there one day.

ANY ideas where I cud get a cheap ovulation monitor? even a second hand one?

Kind regards to all of you

babydust to everyone

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 9:16am

Morning ladies, me again !

2mums, thanks for the hints on the adoption process. The thing is we live in France and have to go through the whole procedure here, and as far as I can gather it's VERY different to the UK procedure. We would be assessed by our local authority, the law says they have to complete the assessment process within 9 months of our first letter to apply. They don't assess us with a view to matching us with a child or children in their care since there are very few French-born children available for adoption (and they're only given to childless married couples under 40 after about a 5 or 6 year wait). About 80% of children adopted in France come from overseas (Colombia, China, Vietnam, Haiti, Ethiopia . . . ). So we'd be interested in adopting a child or two siblings, probably from Colombia. Anyway, we're going to do the IUI first and see how we get on, but I really can't see myself doing tx for more than a few cycles, so xfingers !

MarieH : don't overdo things at work ! Take it easy :wine: (that's Ribena obviously). Good luck with the stimms !

Lalazig : I hope you're starting to feel better about things. Still thinking of you :rose:

Champagne : It's great thet you're getting started; looks like we're going to be cycle buddies !

For those of you who have nothing more interesting to do, why not pop in to my all-new IUI diary ? I love having people round. And feel free to bring a bottle !

Croissant's IUI diary

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 10:10am

:happy:
Just popping in quickly to say hello and all hope all you lovely ladies are ok?!?!?! thinking of you always, im not having a good time off it last couple of days, wont bore you with the details, but check my diary if you are bored or have nothing better to do :snigger:
mwah to you all, and chat real soon xxx 88)

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 11:02am

Morning ladies
croissanat; We gonna be cycle buddies we will be the JUNE JIVERS :dance:
in the sun!

Mariel; hope you not working too much! We are coming to Dubai for christamas! Howz the weather like around that time? Cant wait for shopping :P Hang on... I might be pregnant then :snigger: No harm in daydreaming hey!

Bettyboop; 3 days to baseline scan Not long to go

Loopy; hope you are well

Regards; to Esha 2mumms,Littlefit,Donpie, and Charlie and all the lovely girls

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "champagne" (May 12th 2009, 11:04am)

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 11:13am

Thanks for your thoughts girls, feeling crap today. Really sick and dizzy and tearful. Went to hospital first thing for bloods to be taken to check HCG levels are going down. Hopefully they'll call soon to say they are. DH may go back to work tomorrow, really dreading it if he does as dont want to be on my own and dont feel I can go back to work yet.

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 12:29pm

LALAZIG I hope you start to feel better soon. Sending you lots of :hugs: X

CROISSANT Hi hon, xfingers for you up and coming IUI..I hope you get your BFP X

CHAMPAGNE Great news that your DH semen has improved :P Let's start to see some BFP's on here!!!! X

2MUMS Good idea! Get busy reading :D X

KAYJAY and SLYFOXY How is the 2ww treating you girls?? X

MARIE You busy bee!! X

BETTY XX

A big Hello to everyone else XXXXXXX

2mums

Star

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 1:04pm

Hi girls, well it’s one day closer til I can start my next cycle…looking forward to my appointment at the clinic tomorrow so I can at least find out how long I’ll have to wait. I hope my books arrive soon! Mum2 and I have agreed to do 5 cycles (money permitting), and if I’m still not pg by then, we’ll have to rethink and perhaps Mum2 can donate her eggs to me or something. But hopefully it won’t come to that!

Champagne, good news about your DH’s swimmers. Hope the time goes quickly for you.

Croissant, wow I didn’t realise the French process worked like that. I will keep my fingers crossed that your tx works and you get to have your own baby… but it’s great that you have a backup plan.

Betty hope you’re OK… not long til you can start stimming.

Lalazig, sending you hugs. It must be such a difficult time for you but we’re all here to support you. :hugs:

Hello to Little, Kayjay, Slyfoxy, Loopy, Esha and anyone else I’ve missed.

fijamez

Reg: Jul 6th 2008

Children: Manc MFS

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 10:13pm

Hi girls

Hope eveyone doing Ok - i took a break fromthe boards as I was a bit cut up over the last BFN (major issues with "support" from my family!!) I have been trying to catch up with the posts but there are sooooo many.

Going for another round of IUI tomorrow and I think it will be my last - hopefully for the right reason (BFP) but otherwise Im moving up to IVF.

Been doing loads of visualisation/hypnotherapy tapes - has anyone else trued these and found them useful??

Good luck to all on 2WW and peace to everyone else - stay positive

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 9:42am

Morning everyone !

Lalazig : Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Try to be as nice to yourself as you can. Thinking about you, and hoping you can start looking to the future soon. :hugs:

2mums : It's fantastic that you're already looking forward. I hope the books bring lots of useful info !

Fijamez : It's nice to "meet" you ! Sorry to hear things have been tricky with your family, but it's great that you have IUI tomorrow and that you've already got the future mapped out. Good luck !

Champagne : Have you already started stimms ?

Little : blowkiss

We had our third appointment this morning. (More details in my diary). :goodnews: I'll be starting Puregon shots on CD2 next week sometime, so IUI scheduled for the beginning of June. We've got three cycles of IUI planned, and if we don't get lucky we already have an appointment for the end of September for an IVF consultation.

Have to go and pick up the puregon pen from the chemist's this afternoon. I must say I'm not much looking forward to injecting myself :thumbdown: Does it hurt much ? (bearing in mind that I'm really not very brave :P)

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 9:49am

:happy:
Hi croissont, are you doing the injections in your tummy? i tried doing it laying down, sitting etc, and for me it was better when i stood up (my mum did the injections for me) i also did hold a bit of my skin whilst she did it, i didnt get on very well with the injections pain wise, only becuase they said i must have more nerve endings nearer the top of the skin, but, loads of ladies do it pain free!!!
I found a cream that you can put on an hour before you inject so you cant feel it, its called EMLA cream it was about £4.....i am going to use that when i start injecting again at the weekend.....
Good luck xxx

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 10:42am

hello ladies

Croissant; Im not stimming as Im on a natural cycle. We are going to have 3 scans to track the follicles and hopefully iui 2nd week of June:P . If the ist fails,then we will try a medicated cycle then IVF.
I would hate to wait for 18 months for ivf, X( so hopefully go private in sept . Just have to eat beans on toast tll chrimbo:snigger:

betty boop and Croissant; As a nurse, I normally use ametop on patients who have a low pain threshhold! Not sure how effective it is in the stomach muscles, As much as I inject OTHERS, i would struggle to give myself one. you are brave girls.Well done

Fijamez ;are u having stimmulated or unmedicated iui? Goodluck tomorrozxfingers

2mums! Keep reading! Ive just been to Borders book shop( any excuse to buy a huge mocha:snigger: ) and read or browsed so many books! Amazing how much I didnt know about my own body and iui procedure

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "champagne" (May 13th 2009, 10:44am)

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 11:05am

babydust to CROISSANT, CHAMPAGNE, FIGAMEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry girls the injections don't hurt, maybe only for the first time.

Hi BETTY how are you hon? I hope no more little accidents lately :snigger:

FIGAMEZ It's very emotional this journey and more so if you don't have any family support! I haven't told anyone except my sister. Good luck with your IUI hoping you get your :BFP: this time!! Try to stay relaxed and positive because it makes it easier to conceive that way :D..XX

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 11:14am

Hi Girls

Have updated my diary, its not a miscarriage afterall. Another ectopic. Grrrrrrr. X( X( X(Gutted.

MrsW

Ace

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 1:45pm

Hi everyone,
I haven't been on here for quite a few weeks now. There has been lots to catch up on, Really sorry to all with BFN'S, There hasn't been enough BFP around here for a while, so to those on 2WW my fingers are crossed for you ladies.

We had our last attempt of IUI unfortunatley DH couldn't make the IUI appointment due to work commitments so therefore it was an assisted cycle, which unfortunatley didn't work. We have an appointment with the consultant on monday regarding a referral for IVF. I am quite apprehensive at the moment, concerns that we only have one attemp on the NHS as we do not have any funds saved for further treatments.

I wish we could have further investigations instead of being classed as 'Unexplained infertility' it so annoying.

I have started reading a book by Zita West, which has some good information. DH is quite fed up with the whole thing at the moment so i don't think he will want to read it !

I am also thinking about having accupunture, i found a feed on here regarding Accupunture, so many of their signature have :BFP: 's.

I hope you are all well.
blowkiss

2mums

Star

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 1:46pm

Hi girls. Good news – I can start treatment in late June – not so long to wait after all! I’ll be doing things a bit differently this time, having two different stimms and injections rather than pessaries. I’m a bit worried about those as they’re ‘intramuscular’, which sounds painful to me!

Fijamez, sorry to hear you’ve been having a hard time and good luck with the IUI, hope you get your BFP. I’m doing IVF so feel free to ask any questions.

Croissant, everyone’s different when it comes to injections, but I found the puregon injections painless and I soon got used to it. The needle is so fine I hardly felt anything.

Lalazig, so sorry to hear about your eptopic pg. Is there anything the clinic can do to help prevent it happening again? I don’t know much about eptopic pg but must be very hard for you.

Betty, nearly time to start stimming!

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 2:22pm

:happy: :happy:
2mums great news for you!!! not long to wait at all, next month!!! fingers crossed this time sweetie......
No not long, appt on friday, im quite excited, not sure that is a good thing lol!!!
you take care xxx

mojo26

Reg: May 12th 2009

Children: Hoping for one perfect baby to arrive June 2010

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 4:00pm

Hi croissant,
I started purgon pen injections last Monday. I'm a Nurse so inject people all the time at work, however was very nervous about actually injecting myself (Don't feel a thing when i inject someone else!). :hmm:
The best way i found was to get myself as relaxed as possible, deep breath and just go for it, I didn't find it painful giving the needle just an ache a for a little while afterwards.
If you are really worried emla or amitop cream should numb the area a little.

Hope you don't find it too bad.

Mojo X

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 9:41pm

Hi girls,
Thanks for all the reassurance and support about the injections.

Betty : yes, I will be injecting in my tummy. The doctor said to try to pinch some skin between my fingers (remember that ancient advert - if you can pinch more than an inch :happy:) and then inject, so i suppose sitting down will make the folds easier to get hold of !! I Might ask the pharmacist about the creams.

Mojo and Champagne : I'm sure not many of your patients are as wussy as me ! I think you're right though, I'll just have to take a deep breath and do it.

2mums : that's great news that you can start next month on the next cycle. Hope you get on ok with the new drugs.

I'm clearly spending far too much time on the forum ! I still haven't finished preparing my classes for tomorrow morning (8am) because the whole ttc adventure has taken over again. I'll have to pull my socks up !!

I hope everyone is well, and I'm sending lots of babydust to all the ladies who are mid-cycle or about to get started.

donpie

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 10:55pm

follicle growth

Hi All
lalazig-sorry to hear about your eptopic pregnancy.is there anything you can do next time to avoid this.?

im fed up at the mo as went for day 12 scan yesterday and another today but hardly grown at all t0x 12 yesterday and linging 5mm yesterday 7mm today.follicles only in early 20s so told cant hav the iui tomorrow as intended so told husband to go back to work tomorrow as hed booked day off.!
yet any other month id always have the iui on day 14 no problem.only thing told was maybe see if its still there on monday cause my fertility scientist is away on friday for a long weekend and so cant do friday but she did say even if she was there she doesnt think it would have been ready for friday!.

at least ive not put on weight which is good lost 2lb so far so slow but sure as long as i dont put on thats what counts!.

anyway hope your all ok and keep positive.

esha

Star

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: 2 boys and awaiting 3rd baby

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 12:34am

:hello: girls,

sorry not been round much didn't get the chsnce to get the dongle from DH, I was also working so don't get much time to chill on net,

work is going good abit boring, theres a couple of girls that are annoying me but hey it's training then hopefully they won't be in my team.

lala ~ sorry to hear of your news :hugs: and blowkiss

goodluck to all the others who are on thier 2ww

2mums great news about starting next month,

injections I remember those i kinda miss doing them, they were abreeze it doesn't hurt at all just do it quick in and out , just hurts alittle when liquid going in.

anyway i'm tired going to sleep now, catch up with everyone later

Reg: Feb 23rd 2009

Children: God gave me a wonderful gift ~ will be a mom soon!

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 8:45am

:hello: everybody.. Missin you all!!

Ya, me so busy this past few weeks, its been like work - clinic - home for me. I am still undergoing everyday stimming since my collection will tentatively for mid next week. My follies are taking their own sweet time growing hahah. I have total of 7 good sized follies but still within 12 and 16 in sizes.. So my beloved doctor is continuing my everyday U/S, bloodtest for E2 & merional injections.

Champage ~~ weather now is around 35 till 40 degress centi.. Well, its dubai summer heat.. Honestly i dont like it too much -- i like the cold... Xmas shopping is great and during this time dubai usually have Xmas Shopping Festival where all shops are obliged to participate and mark down their merchandise from 25% to 75% between that range. Looking forward for that. Dont worry with great SA for sure you'll get ur BFP soon..

Croissant ~~ Hope you'll get good news on ur IUI so that you wont be needing to tackle all the long adoption process.. My clinic is injecting me everyday, DH is not qualified (i think he'l faint with the sight of the syringe). Honestly since i'm doing it everyday, it doesnt hurt me anymore, i get used to the needle..

2mums ~~ M so moved with your determination. Yay, from my 1st, 2nd & 3rd U/S appt i was given the impression that follies are not growin, 1 follicle only seen etc (Well its the nurse and asst. gyne doing it). I was so devastated bt 2 days back my doctor did it himself already to check how things are really doing and he said everything is fine.. I have a long stimming process, i think i am doing for 12 days already bcz they are not growing really fast ~~ bt he is not giving up!! He said i have follies just that it is growing in its own time and pace. LOL... So that's it.. YA WE NEED COURAGE AND DETERMINATION AND THANKS TO U!! U INSPIRED ME TOO MUCH... Btw, goodluck on your next try, i pray you get your BFP next time...

Fijamez ~~ Goodluck on your treatment, keep the faith, alwez believe it will happen and don't give up.. My clinic give me all the boost and confidence and they said i need to help it up with huge PMA, prayers and faith.. Positive thinking helps a lot!

M doing IVF now and hav been doing accupuncture 2x a week. I am slow response on my stimming but i think its helping me grow good eggs. This what my doctor assured me ~~ its quality not quantity that matters!! He said, he is continuing cuz he sees the potential and not abandoning the cycle and this gives me hope!!

Esha ~~ how's your job?! miss you!

Kelly ~~ missing you! How is everything?!

Mrs W ~~ long time, missing you! How are u!?

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 10:39am

Hi Girls
Thanks for your support.
Not sure if they can do anything to avoid this happening again. It seems to be the same ovary (right) its attached itself too again so perhaps I should only TTC every other month and not when I'm ov on the right? When this is all over I'm going to really push to see if there are any other tests to see if the can work out why this has happened twice. It cant be just bad luck surely??
xxx

2mums

Star

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 12:57pm

Morning ladies!

Champagne, I know what you mean – it’s addictive! It’s good to be informed though – even if your poor classes end up having no work to do! :snigger:

Donpie, sounds like your follies are just being a bit slow this month, don’t worry and drink plenty of milk and water to help them grow.

Esha, good to hear from you, glad the job is going OK but shame it’s boring!

Marei, how exciting that you might be having your EC soon! Don’t worry about the follies, mine took ages too but you will get there.

Lalazig, I hope your get some answers, it must be very frustrating for you.

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 2:42pm

:happy: :happy:
MarieI good luck for next week, thinking of you, not long till you are PUPO!!!!!!!!!
im in a muddle, no, it doesn't take much :snigger:, were you not MarieH at one time? or im a in comp mess, if so, i can blame the drugs!!!
xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bettyboop" (May 14th 2009, 2:43pm)

mojo26

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 3:19pm

I've been for scan and blood test today. On Monday they could see a folicle on the left, however my left ovary is a bit high apparantly so difficult to see, today however it appears to have gone it's jollies, not able to see clearly to measur folicle even with lots of pushing and jiggling (not pleasent) :thumbdown:. Anyway just phoned for blood test results which are apparently looking good, they say that something is happening even if we can't see it, so back on Saturday see if it wants to make an apperance!

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 3:56pm

X(
Hi Mojo, i had that, i had 2 follies on my right hand side and a hidden one on my left when i had my IUI, and like you i had to push down on my stomach while they were inside with the scan thing, lordy it did make me cry, so very painfull....she kept saying"shall i take it out and start again" i was like "leave it in and just get on with it! X( bless you, i feel for you!!
lets hope it reappears before Saturday!! i am sure it will, good luck xxx

mojo26

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 4:38pm

Hi Betty Boop, thanks is reasuring to know someone else has had a similar problem.
Yes it is painful but i thought the same as you best to just get on with it.

Hope everthing goes well with your cycle.
Thanks again :rainbow: xxx

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 5:43pm

hello everyone,

Hope everyone on here is doing good.

Have a question since had our first IUI on the30th of April when would had implantion happened after the IUI?

I'm starting to feel like I failed this first IUI attempt. :sadface: Here the RE said everything looked great but now I'm starting to wondered if it failed. Hope someone can give us some hope. Done told DH if this cycle failed we are going to wait til July to do another one.

Hope someone gets a BFP soon.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE