You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 15 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "karen1980" started this thread

Reg: May 26th 2006

Children: LWH

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 3:01pm

ADVICE ON ZERO SPERM

Hi

I am new to this site, but am hoping to start ICSI treatment in Sept/October at Liverpool's Womens hospital (NHS 1st free go).

My DP and i were reffered by our GP last November and have been for our first consultation in March in Liverpool. Prior to this i gave blood at a local hospital and the results came back as normal. My DP gave sperm and the results came back as zero.
The consultant in Liverpool wanted to re-test us both as he believed his lab had better facilities than our local hospital. we are now awaiting the results.

My worry is, will there be a chance that DP will have some sperm even tho he tested zero? and is there still a way of doing ICSI?

I am 26 and DP is 37, in a previous relationship DP went through ICSI 3 times with a BFN each time, however his ex did have problems with her tubes. But each time his sperm did begin to fertilise her egg and they were transferred.

This i find confusing as how could this of happened if his results came back as zero?

Any advise will be very helpful

Thank you
Karen
x
Karen
ICSI May 2007 BFN
2 canx ICSI - Risk of OHSS - 20 frozen embies
Natural FET 8/08 - BFN
Natural FET 10/08 -BFN
Tried to take remaining embies to Blasto, but none made it - Jan 09
ARGC June/July 09

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 3:14pm

Hi Karen

ICSI just requires a small sample of sperm, as the procedure takes just a couple and physically injects these into the sperm (as opposed to allowing them to do their job in IVF with no help). It is possible that previously your DH's results were below average, but were allowed for ICSI. Even now, having this latest result does not mean that he has nothing whatsoever.

Sperm take around 3 months to grow to maturity, so whatever happened 3 months before his latest test would have an impact, even if it was a cold, virus etc.

Different clinics will also have different criteria for "counting" sperm, so 1 places result may not be the same as anothers.

Hopefully you will find this 2nd test reveals some more information and a better result.

Try to stay positive whilst you both wait the result

Lisa
xx

Hopefully

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 3:18pm

Hi Lisa

Thank you for your reply, it has made me feel more hopefull.

How are things with you? what stage are you at?

I wish you well

Karen
x
Karen
ICSI May 2007 BFN
Natural FET 8/08 - BFN
Natural FET 10/08 -BFN
ARGC June/July 09

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 3:20pm

The worst part of all this sometimes is the waiting. Our minds go into over-drive wondering at all the possibilities!

I'm ok thank you. Just waiting this cycle out. When I have next AF I can ring the clinic and book in for another cycle of IUI. Things aren't really going to plan within my body at the moment ;) It's doing just what it wants to do, so heaven knows when AF will appear!

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 3:25pm

I see you say you lost twins? im so sorry to hear that but one positive to that is you know you can, and will get pregnant.

Is there any chance you can go straight for IVF instead of IUI as from what i have read it is not half as good as IVF?

Where do you live? how is your DH coping with all this? My DP wont talk about it really as i know the thought of never having a baby really upsets him, i find this site very helpful and the people are just so nice

xx
Karen
ICSI May 2007 BFN
Natural FET 8/08 - BFN
Natural FET 10/08 -BFN
ARGC June/July 09

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 15 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE