You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "timandroz" started this thread

Reg: Jul 11th 2007

Monday, April 20th 2009, 10:35pm

IVF in Reading

(Sorry not sure if this should be here or London, so posted in both!)

Hi all,

Having a look and I can't see any comments about IVF treatment in Reading.

I went to the doctors today (just moved to Reading from Essex) and I was told by my GP that if you are under 34. Now, I am 26 and DH is 31 - so I have been told sa far that I can not get IVF treatment here in Reading! ! ! Really not happy as in our last clinic they said we will need ICSI.

Has anyone had any luck here, in Reading? Or is it something that we can appeal against?

Thanking you all!

Roz xxx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, April 24th 2009, 1:23pm

Hi there.

My understanding is that the current age-bracket for IVF in the area is 35-38 and that it's coming down by a year every year. (So next April will come down to 34yrs). So on this basis it does seem that you are too young to qualify :sadface:

You might find this news article interesting http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/r…-women-over-34/

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

ShellL30

Reg: May 20th 2009

Children: My two puddy cats keep me sane

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 5:28pm

Hi there,

I live in Reading too and also can't find anything local. We have an appt at the clinic in Woking. We have been referred by GP to the fertility clinic at the RBH but when I phoned them they said they don't do isci and that we would have to go to the John Radcliffe. Waiting for appointment but likely to go private so as not to wait. My 30 year old ovarys are waiting!! We have an apt at the clinic in Woking.

Do you have any idea how long the waiting lists are etc. When I called they said it was 18 weeks from referral to apt but they would then refer on for icsi.... i can't wait another 18 weeks!! xxxx

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 7:06pm

Hey

I hope you guys have sorted out a clinic now - have just read this thread and I know it is a bit old but just a thought:

The Hants Clinic in Basingstoke is fantastic, whilst they don't do main IVF/ICSI proceedures there (only IUI), they will do all your scans, bloods etc............

They link with Wessex Fertility in Southampton and you would only need to go there for 'the main event'.

Cannot speak highly enough of Hants clinic, they have really looked after me.

Goodluck in whatever you end up doing.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Jul 31st 2009

Children: J R Oxford

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 10:24am

Hi
I am undergoing IVF at the Oxford clinic but most of the appointments can be held in Reading. The only time i have to travel to Oxford was for the inital inofrmation meeting with tother couples and then for the ER and EC.
All scans and bloods tests are done in Reading.
I have found them to be very helpful and accommodating.
H
Good luck on your journey!
Live strong; be happy
:rose:

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Friday, October 5th 2012, 11:06pm

Hi anyone here being treated at Rbh?

Reading the above suggests icsi isn't done there, anyone on the forum know if that is still the case ?
Or if anywhere nearby other than the john Radcliffe that we could go to?

Have an app there in November so was just wondering in advance of it.
Thanks

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE