You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rea4444

• "rea4444" started this thread

Reg: Apr 19th 2009

Children: No Children yet

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 10:41am

Hi, I'm single & looking for a clinic that I can use donor sperm.

Hi, I just joined and I am looking for a clinic that I can use donor sperm.

I do not have a partner but i do want kids, so I would have to use donor sperm.

Does anyone know of a clinic I could use for this and if you do what are the limits on embryos you can transfer, as I think at my age (38) I would like more then one to be transfered.

Thanks.

:shush:

Lolo

Ace

Reg: Mar 18th 2009

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 10:15pm

RE: Hi, I'm single & looking for a clinic that I can use donor sperm.

A friend of mine used donor sperm from a clinic in Spain - Barcelona - I don't know exactly which one. There are several there as well as in Czech Republic and most of them are all happy to work with single women. The same goes for the Stork Clinic in Denmark. They all do insimination but it sounds like you're asking about IVF/ICSI. Do you know that's what you need? The same clinics will do that it's just pricier. My unmarried friend was 41 and 43 respectively when she was insiminated and had two very successful pregnancies. Hope this helps.
:wine:
NB! It's important to relax

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 10:40pm

Hi Lolo, thanks for your info. I've just looked up the prices for the Stork clinic and it really is very reasonable - 2 lots of IUI including donor sperm for the equivalent of £800. (Two vials of donor sperm alone would probably cost that much in the UK.)

Rea4444 - was there a reason why you preferred IVF over IUI? The former has much higher success rates, but of course it is far more expensive (in terms of time, emotions, and money!)

wtw
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

rea4444

Monday, April 20th 2009, 1:42pm

Hi

Hi,

Thanks Lolo & WTW.

I think I would like to go for the IVF, as it looks better in the % of working.

I am maybe looking to goout side of the UK, as in the UK, you are only allowed 2 too be put back in.
I'll have a look and see if I can find the clinics you said about.

Does anyone know how long it takes from the first visit to the time they do the IVF?

:smile:

Lolo

Ace

Reg: Mar 18th 2009

Monday, April 20th 2009, 1:59pm

Hi Rea4444,

Time wise it very much depends on what clinic you go for and their individual protocols. It can take up to two-three cycles before you can start the stimulation drugs if all your hormone, fsh, etc. levels as well as ovarian scans are okay. These are determined by routine bloodtests and examinations. However, if there are any problems which need to be corrected first it could take longer. If I was you I'd give the IUI a go for a couple of cycles whilst you look into IVF options, times, clinics, etc. You can still go for all the tests etc. and have a go at IUI at the same time where you're normally given a very low dose of stimulation drugs. At 38 you're still quite young fertility wise so I would save the money for maternity clothes and baby equipment if at all possible - and pregnancy treats of course :P I wouldn't opt for IVF unless it was my only option - which in my case it was.
:wine:
NB! It's important to relax

jesse

Reg: Nov 30th 2008

Monday, April 20th 2009, 8:37pm

Hi Rea444,

I was just about to enter in our foro for Fiv MAdrid, and I saw this entry from you just below ours. check out Fiv Madrid in Spain www.fivmadrid.es. I really recommend them. I am pregnant thanks to them! I´m quite sure they do treatments fo single women, a s we received a load of info from them when we started our egg donation treatment saying that they work with any woman, whether single or in a couple or hetero or homosexual who wishes to become a mum. I really liked that I have to say about them as I know that there are clinics around that will not work with either singles or gay woman which i think is ghastly. I think their prices are pretty reasonable and they have a great team there. Julie, who is English, would be your point of contact and she is really friendly.
Good luck with your journey to becoming a mum.

Jesse

rea4444

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 4:54pm

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I am still looking and will check out the one in spain.
Thanks again.

Reg: Oct 24th 2009

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 5:52pm

Hi rea,
I went for my IVF in Brussels at UZBrussels.
http://crg.nettools.be/default_en.aspx?ref=AFAH&lang=EN
I reccomend them, it's one of the best in Europe.
ICSI with donor sperm cost about 4200€, women > 36yrs can have 3 embryos transferred. At UzBrussels english is spoken.
The Centre for Reproductive Medicine has been active since 1983.
:goodluck:

Julia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BlueBerry" (Oct 25th 2009, 5:52pm)

Reg: Apr 3rd 2009

Children: Visterhermos

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 1:03pm

I can also recommmend Vistahermosa in Alicante. We used both donor egg and sperm there and and got a BFP first time! Cost is 6,000 euros for ICSI plus 400 euros for the donor sperm. No waiting time for donors (ours were aged 25 and the ED already had a live birth from her previous donation).

Me 43 DH 43 TTC 3 yrs
Aug 2007 missed m/c 8 wks
July 2008 ICSI BFN

Nov 2008 ICSI BFN
Feb 2009 ICSI BFP M/C 9 wks
Sept 2009 ED :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE