You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gizzi13" started this thread

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 2:50pm

iui about to commence

Hiya peeps,

not been on for a while, have been going through the rollercoaster as they say. Was at monklands on thursday for my counciling session. DH sperm count came back at 135 million/ml even the nurse was supprised so it is really just down to me releasing just one egg. I've to phone clinic on tuesday morning for blood results and if all ok i can collect my prescription for provera, they plan to start me on clomid 50mg from CD2-6 and Gonal-f 75 injections on CD5,7 and 9. Is there anyone else at this stage at the minute. I'm so convinced its gonna work i'm desperate for a wee baby, the clinic keep going on about the risk of multiple pregnancy I would be so excitied if I managed to have twins or even triplets but DH says i'm getting carried away. I can't help it, we have waited so long for this stage to start.

Lynn

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

MrsMcC

Reg: Jul 27th 2010

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 10:54am

Just wondering if there are any Monklands girls around??!?!?!?!?!?!

We're attending atm for IUI and would be nice to have a chat with anyone else attending.

Suzie x

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 6:11pm

Hi Suzie.

I'm attending monklands ATM. Going on Thursday for scan and bloods to see if I'm able to get provera to start my nxt round of iui.

Whereabouts in cycle r u Suzie. Xxxxx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 5:54pm

Hiya peeps. I'm on the dreaded 2ww. Anyone still kicking about this thread? Xxx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 21st 2011

Children: yes please

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 11:25pm

Hiya, I'm new so bear with me. I just received my letter from Monklands with my first appointment with the nurse. I went to my GP at the end of September and after reading some posts on here I really wasn't expecting to get an appointment so quickly. My hearts in my throat haha. If anyone could tell me what to expect just so i can keep myself calm would be brilliant.

Thanks

Emma

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12
App with consultant 16/4/12
Our journey is finally on the move!!

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 11:14am

Hi Emma and welcome to FZ

When I first went to Monklands Hospital they arranged a laparoscopy to be done and this showed my tubes to be badly blocked. We were then placed on the ivf waiting list for GRI and it took around 26 months. Our first and only course of ivf we got 13 eggies and 9 fertilised. 2 of these were put back but sadly did not work. However of the other ones which were frozen 2 were thawed and put back and this resulted in our little prince who will be 3 in March :happy:

It all depends what is wrong with you. I know that they do IUI in Monklands but that was never an option for us.

You are probably thinking 26 months is an age and I remember thinking that at the time but really it went by really quickly. Knowing that you could be a mummy one day just keeps you going.

I also live in the Coatbridge area by the way :)

Best of luck in your journey xfingers xfingers

Claire
xx
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 9:17pm

Hi ladies. I live in Bellshill. When I went to monklands they did some bloods an internal scan and put me on the list for a HSG. This showed my tubes to be clear. My weight was an issue so I attended every 6 weeks for a weigh in. Once my weight was down they put me on clomid tablets which didn't work. They decided to go ahead with iui with ironically had a waiting list of 9 months. So far I've had 5 attempts but only 3 iuis. I've been put on the royals waiting list for ivf which is about a year. Along with ur initial tests they will also want a sample from dh to see if u would be eligible for iui.

Keep in touch.

X

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

United Kingdom

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 10:57pm

Say we went private, anyone know how long that waiting list is or if there even is one?? My minds pickled lol

:O

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: 2 baby girls in heaven, 1 beautiful boy

What's Up?
Very grateful lady

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 5:58am

Hi Nutty and welcome. When I started my journey I lived in Airdrie, unfortunately my loser of a GP "FORGOT" to refer me for NHS so I found out about GCRM in glasgow through a friend. I self referred to the clinic and had my first attemp a few short months afterward. Waiting time depends on how long it is for a first consultation after that as soon as you can pay and they are satisfied everything is in order then it's all go. GCRM are very busy but Nuffield are also getting good results and the wait time is less.
If you do decide to go private ask the GP to do as many bloods and things as possible to keep costs down.
All the very very best this year and hope all is well with any of your tests. xmas68
TTC 6yrs

IVF Feb 2009 :BFN:

DE IVF Jan 2010 :BFP: 2 little pink angels in heaven 30/6/10

Shock natural :BFP: 6/3/11 M/C 11/3/11

FET Oct 2010 :BFN:

MY DIARY
WE have been matched our LO will be with us for Christmas bab11

United Kingdom

Friday, January 6th 2012, 1:24am

Got my nurse's appointment on the 24th, praying that hubby gets leave from work for it, he's in the army so could be a hassle. I already had to rearrange the appointment because of it, but i gave him the letter so he could show/prove it. Anyway how long does the appointment usually last? What questions do they ask and what am I expected to bring along with me? I am so not prepared for this, it just doesnt seem real. Hmmm

Emma

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Friday, January 6th 2012, 6:26pm

Hi Emma hope you are well.

I have no experience with Monklands we come under NHS for Inverclyde/Renfrewshire so i have no experience with them, we went private but will get to that in a mo, from our GP referral to seeing another DR was 13 weeks (this was just at the GP surgery but he was a hospital DR) ,I found it a complete waste of time, he told us what our GP had already told us, we asked what the NHS waiting list was and his answer was "it's a very slow and long process." I'm sure every area is different but this certainly wasn't the type of answer i was looking for. I'm aware the waiting list would prob have been 2 and half years.

Anyway we went private and from my consultation, taking meds and up until my BPF was approx 10 weeks, yes it's a lot of money but worth every penny.

Take care

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 12:11pm

Only me again, just wondering how long after the nurse appointment do they tell you what sort of treatment you'll be needing? Deep down i know the only way will be IVF but just wanted to know how long it would be before they told me

Thanks

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 9:59pm

Emma after ur initial consult they will do tests on u and db. The results of tests will indicate which tx u go for. How did ur appointment go? Xx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:49pm

Hiya Lynn, go over onto the GRI thread, has a few posts from me in there. me and db have to go in tomorrow morning with our pee pots and his sample then need to make a follow up appointment afterwards. The nurse said I also need to have another scan and that the app would get sent out to me but I've still not heard anything about it so I guess I'll ask about that tomorrow aswell. I've been told it will most likely be IVF we need to have as there is fluid in my left tube and my right got removed due to an ectopic, thats the reason for the 2nd scan, to 'see' if it is fluid, I think lol. How are you getting on with you tx??xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

tem8981

Reg: Dec 4th 2011

Friday, April 13th 2012, 10:02pm

Is anyone still reading this thread???

Hi Girls,

I'm hoping some of you can share your wealth of knowledge - My first consultants apt at Monklands is on Monday coming, I have a few questions which some of you may be able to help with. I was diagnosed with PCOS many years ago and have not had a period since Jan 2011 and have been trying to conceive for about the last 4/5 yrs, from tests done so far this appears to be our only issue. The nurse told us on our first visit that given this appears to be our only issue we will probably move to provera and clomid, she said that Dr Jain would give us the treatment that day if my BMI was below 30, which at the moment is 30.7, I am trying so hard to reduce it, eating extremely healthy and exercising like crazy, I carry quite a bit of muscle on my body which as everyone knows weighs more than fat, therefore I'm really nervous about my visit on Monday as I would love to leave on the day and know I was truly on my journey. Ive been doing quite a bit of reading and read through the HFEA reports and guidelines for Monklands which clearly states the hospital doesn't have a BMI limit - where do I stand with regards to challenging this? Any ideas?

Does the hospital need to comply with what they have declared to HFEA?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this message, please reply id you can shed any light x : D

djclewes

Reg: Dec 26th 2012

Wednesday, December 26th 2012, 1:24am

hi we are going to munklands hopefully but i want to know how long does it take to get an appointment.

Reg: Feb 24th 2013

Children: 3 fur babies (2 cats and a scottish terrier).

Sunday, February 24th 2013, 4:04pm

Monklands referral male infertility- anyone else?

Hi
Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but if so, would like to start chat.

My oh and I have very recently received a referral to Monklands for fertility consultation,
Our story so far,
Ttc for 14 months
21 day progesterone levels normal
Initial SA came back zero - recommended second SA for confirmation
Second SA came back zero
Referral to Monklands in progress
I'm scheduled for cycle da 3 blood work
OH scheduled for further bloodwork ( testosterone, FSH, and a couple others I cannot remember)
GP examined oh and raised concern over size of testicles
Oh also scheduled for ultrasound too

Any one else currently waiting on referral to Monklands or had first visit already?
How long did it take?
What happened on your first appointment?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm curious.

Additionally anyone else go through male fertility issues like ours?
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI
1st-3rd DIUI - :BFN:
4th-6th DIUI (stim)- :BFN:
1st DICSI cycle- 12 eggs,8 fertilised, 3 frozen, no transfer due to egg collection infection and fever.

One day at a time ......
starsmile

:xxx3:

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: BFP!!

Sunday, February 24th 2013, 7:07pm

Hi Lauren,

I can't remember now how long it took us to get an appt at Monklands as we started our journey back in 2010! We have male factor infertility - OH had a varicocele which was diognosed via an ultrasound and he had this corrected privately on his work health insurance as it didn't take long to get compared with the NHS. We were referred to the GRI as monklands do not do IVF or ICSI - we were referred to the GRI in the Nov, saw a nurse in the Feb and then got our letter to say we were top of the list in the December. We finally got the official ball rolling on our first ICSI treatment in February 2012 with egg collection and transfer in May.

First appt at Monklands was with a nurse only - she took histories from both of us and bloods and I had a transvaginal scan. We then had a further appt to see our consultant and discuss what next steps would be. Hope this helps! If it's any use we are now expecting twins after our second round in January :D
1st ICSI May 12 - :BFN:
2 ICSI jan 13 - :BFP: It's twins! bab21 bab22 DOB: 13/8/13 born 33+1, both home September 2013

Sunday, February 24th 2013, 9:20pm

Thanks for the information, it all helps knowing what to expect, so I appreciate it. We have literally just been told about his second SA so it's very early days. But getting all the other tests or scans in the interim.
Congratulations on twins! Nice to see a success story!
Thanks xx
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI
1st DICSI cycle- 12 eggs,8 fertilised, 3 frozen, no transfer due to egg collection infection and fever.

One day at a time ......
starsmile

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:28pm

Hi Lauren,

Seen your message on the monklands thread, we are also going to monklands under Dr Jain. Haven't met he yet, just had our first appointment in january with the nurse and have the consultant appointment in June dont really know what to expect from that. We don't know what the issue is yet, so hoping she can get to the bttom of it and gie us some treatment. We have been tc for 2 years, my 21 day test was normal, DH has had 1 normal SA and we are waiting on results for a second.

The first nurse led appointment at monklands nurse was nice, took history from both of us, some blood tests for kidney function and I had an ultrasound scan, we forgot to take phtos of ourselves which you need to do. I am hoping more happens for us at the next appointment, frustrating because we still dont know what the issue is.

good luck with yours :)
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, March 11th 2013, 8:26pm

hi pip

i posted on another thread you were on to, i had dr conway at the nuffield, he was at monklands but i had heard he had retired.

good luck

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 10:27pm

Hiya Lauren just noticed this post and seen as my wait is almost over I thought I could throw my bit in.

I went to my GP September 2011 for my referral to Monklands, the appointment took a wee while to come through, think she told me it would be at least 6 weeks, anyway got given an appointment for Jan last year with the nurse, she did everythin Pip said, but tbh you do leave thinking 'well what happens now' kinda thing but then that's you on your way to figuring out what the next step is going to be. After that it was a bit of a wait again but then we got given our appointment with Dr Jain last April and she referred us to the Royal for IVF. I knew that's was going to do anyway, I had an ectopic pregnancy in 08 and they had to remove a tube but then told me that the other one was damaged and chances of me getting pregnant naturally were in the way of slim to none.

So from the referral from my GP up until the referral from Dr Jain to GRI took about 7 months.

I cant remember how long it took to get an appointment through for the Royal though but I've only been through for 1 appointment and that was for another nurse appointment - history, bloods etc and then told us that that was us on the waiting list for IVF and that it was a years wait from the referral date. And that was last April... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I should be getting a letter through the door soon hopefully. Excuse the essay, its been a while haha hope it helps a little bit though

Emma xx

Me 25 DB 25

GP referral 15/9/11
1st app 24/1/12

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 9:44pm

Hi all thanks for the repłies. We got our initial appointment in for the nurse for May. Looks like its just a basic history and I get an ultrasound. We also have our endocrinologist appointment in a week, so it's all moving forward!!
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 7:12pm

Referred to Dr Kumar at Monklands

We have been allocated to dr kumar at Monklands hospital, we have had our initial appointment and testing. Waiting on results and a further consultation appointment. Hope it's not too long a wait!
Anyone else been to Dr Kumar?
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 7:10pm

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone else is attending Monklands and how is your treatment going?? We have had quite a wait and now our consultant appointment is in 3 weeks!! Can't believe it's almost here. So many questions and curious as to how it's going to pan out.
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, September 30th 2013, 10:43pm

Hiya

I don't have any experience with monklands just wanted to say good luck and i
Hope you find some answers on this forum and everything goes well
With your app.

I had treatment at the Nuffield in Glasgow where I saw dr Conway who also worked at monklands but think he may have retired

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Pip

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 3:09pm

Hi All,

Sasha, how did you find the nuffield? We have been told we need ICSI (male factor issues) e have been refeered to the royal now for tat but I think the wiat is quite log, so we are considering going priate in the mean time. I have had a look at Nuffield and GCRM in Glasgow

If anyone has any experience of any of these hospitals that would be great.

They also do an AMH levels test which I have never had before, my day 21 test was fine but wondering what this other tests will show
x :)

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 3:20pm

Hi pip

We have male factor to, I have nothing but praise for the staff at the Nuffield they were fantastic and even if treatment hadn't worked I would still have nothing but good things to say about the Nuffield, I wasn't prepared to wait the three years we were told so that's why we went private

Any questions just let me no and I'll try and answer what I can

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Pip

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 3:28pm

Hi,

Thanks so much for your quick reply, great to see a success story.
Glad it all worked out for you.

I feel the same I am 30 and DH is 34 so another couple of years wait may impact our sucess. Hopefully do some research and get things moving privately in the new year
xx

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 7:32pm

Hi Sasha,

Dr Conway sounds familiar but think I saw it on another post here, but it was either Dr Kumar or Dr Jain we are referred to. We have Dr Kumar at this first appointment and hoping she is ok, we are both nervous of the outcome but desperate to go, strange combination of feelings. :S

Agree it's nice to see the successful ending, so thanks for replying Sasha. We have MF infertility too, but not at a stage of any treatment yet so best of luck to you Pip if you decide to go private.

Xx
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

Pip

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 8:44pm

Hi Miss Pooh,
we seen dr Jain @ Monklands, sounds similar to your situation, DH had one sample and came back low motility, they then re-tested and same result, after that we went to see Dr Jain and thats when she said the only way to go is ICSI due to the low amount of swimmers. Monklands only do IUI so she has referred us on to the Royal

I have called them up and they advised they need to do the tests again, as it has to be from their own labs, so the wait is 8 months to inital appointment, then do the tests again, then they decide to add you to the waiting list. So I am thinking we have at least 18 months till anything happens with that.

Thats why I am leaning towards private to bring the wait down.

It is a strange combination of feelings, you want to know what going to happen but at the same time can be scary.

Best of luck to you it is nice to hear sories from other people going through smilar things and going to the same hospitals, hope you get some good news
xx

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 9:22pm

Hi girls

Pip I was only about 3 months from consultation at the Nuffield, tests etc and learning I was pregnant so very quick but very worth it if you have the money to pay.

My ds only had 4 good/useable swimmers and we got 4 embryos three of which survived so please don't give up
Hope

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 9:46pm

Hello

how much quicker are the waiting lists are if you go private? I suppose it depends on the clinic, but I just wondered.......
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, October 4th 2013, 6:19am

Hiya

There doesn't really tend to be a waiting list once you have all the tests they require done your good to go pretty much

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Misspooh123 (04.10.2013)

Saturday, October 26th 2013, 11:08pm

We have been allocated to dr kumar at Monklands hospital, we have had our initial appointment and testing. Waiting on results and a further consultation appointment. Hope it's not too long a wait!
Anyone else been to Dr Kumar?
Just wanted to follow this up with a quick review. Although our circumstances are pretty poor right now, I can say with 100% confidence that DR Kumar was really good.
She was direct, assertive but compassionate attitude. She answered all out questions and went through our list with us. She praised all the right stuff( like me losing weight lol) and gave us confidence in the advice and potential treatment we may receive.
She was great and in a time where me and my husbands world is crashing around our ears, I came away from the appointment feeling slightly more positive about the nhs.
I cannot comment on others but she was great for us and our situations and I would recommend her again.
:thumbsup2:
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 6:14am

Hi miss pooh

Sorry your results weren't what you were hoping for but it's always nice to when someone gives you a little hope and faith, I hope you and your dh can find a solution to your problem

Good luck and take care

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Pip

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 10:43am

Hi Sasha & Miss pooh,

how are you both getting on?

Sorry it seems like you didn't get the results you were hoping for miss pooh, it is good that you had a good experience with your consultant tho, it can make a real difference.

Are you referred to the royal now? Try and stay positive and stick together xxxx

We are still on the waiting list for the royal, but have also started things moving privately. We have an apt at the GCRM in Glasgow tomorrow, first meeting with the consultant after having our tests done. So tomorrow we should find out the plan and the cost eek A lot of money but no doubt worth it if it works

xx

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 12:22pm

Hi Pip,

Thank you, we are getting on ok, just taking it a step at a time.

Yes we are now referred to GRI urology and infertility, and yippee on the IVF waiting list. Told us it's 12 months currently.

Best of luck tomorrow, you will feel more settled maybe when you at least know what the plans are.

Xx
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 12:27pm

Hi pip and miss pooh

Pip I went private and things progressed very quickly, we were £6000 for icsi, a lot of money but so worth it, miss pooh 12 months doesn't seem too bad a wait we were told 3 years

Good luck girls

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 12:41pm

Hi Sasha,

Yes I thought the same, 12 months is not too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck to you
Xx
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

Pip

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 1:41pm

Thanks girls,

That's great you are on the waiting list Miss Pooh, they wouldn't put us on until they retest us all over again and still didn't have the appointment for that 4 months after referral, I called up and she told me 8 months till we would be seen, then be re-tested then added to waiting list, so that's why we decided to take the private route, we can only afoord ne go though, so may find ourselves back in that wait.

best of luck
xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE