You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Friday, June 12th 2009, 2:42pm

New to all of this

Hiya everyone. I've been reading your posts and I just wanted to say thanks for making me feel like there is hope out there. I have a balanced translocation (5 and 20) and have had 4 miscarriages. My DH and I have just had our first appointment and are about to start PDG. I only have one ovary as well which makes me think that i'll produce less eggs and all the one that fertilise will be affected by the translocation and so it will all be for nothing - did any of you worry that would happen?
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, June 12th 2009, 3:26pm

Hi Pearl and Scoffs, welcome to our PGD chatter thread, it's always lovely to have new ladies on here.
Welcome to FZ too Scoffs! I hope you feel at home here soon. I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriages and hope PGD does the trick for you. I too worry that all my embryos will be unbalanced but that is unlikely that all of them will be, and there's only on way to find out!
Bighope, I hope your appointment on Monday goes well, how very exciting!
Christine, hope you're feeling good, any symptoms yet?
Natz, how's your drugs doing?
Tats and Busybee, hello!
My news - I am booked for egg collection on Monday morning 8.30. I have approx 18 follies mostly 17-19mm today. They have told me not to take any more Gonal F and my Ovitrelle HCG trigger shot is tomorrow night at 8.30. I can't believe I'm doing EC again. The EC is the easy bit, it's the waiting to find out how the embies are doing over the next few days which is the hard part, and then I've never had the biopsy stage before ....
Hope you all have a good weekend x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

South Africa

Reg: Jun 11th 2009

Children: 2 amzing kids

Friday, June 12th 2009, 5:01pm

RE: New to all of this

:hello: hi scoffs welcome im also new :winking: and im the one with the translocation. i had 5 miscarriages and i still have a hope. you dont have to worry about 1 ovary. if the if your doc didnt think you had achance he wouldnt have given you a chance with pgd,when do start

South Africa

Friday, June 12th 2009, 5:17pm

ivf/gd

Ros:hi:thankyou for your warm welcome and:weehee: wow that is so awsome you have a lot of follies that must make you really happy.I will be :pray: for you on monday that all goes well with ec. let us know how it goes:goodluck: and lots and lots ofbabydust:dust:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pearl" (Jun 12th 2009, 5:19pm)

South Africa

Friday, June 12th 2009, 5:21pm

RE: ivf/gd

sorry newshy ros whats fz you know im new to this

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Friday, June 12th 2009, 6:49pm

Pearl FZ stands for fertilityzone. Ros that is great news and I wish you all the best for Monday and then the waiting to see what is happening. I'm sure you'll be fine and look at me I only had one embryo and I got a BFP. Welcome Scoffs to FZ and to the PGD thread. My DH is the one with the translocation of 3 and 9 and I have had one mc. I had 8 eggs harvested, 6 of which were fertilised but out of them only three actually fertilised. Out of that three only two were able to be biopsied but one had translocation and the other one didn't. It is very hard every time you phone to hear the number dropping but I'm proof that it does only take one so I hope that this is of some comfort. I feeling fine still only got the sore boobs and I hope it stays that way. I still get tired easy but that's because I'm getting too used to not doing anything. Looking forward to the weekend, my Dad is on his way up from England as he is over from Cyprus. He is staying with us for the weekend and we will be out and about for the next couple of days. Hope everybody else has a great weekend.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Ros

Megastar

Friday, June 12th 2009, 9:35pm

Hey ladies, I hope you've found our new home (I guess you have if you're reading this). Since there are so many of us now we have our own area on FZ, very exciting I think! So there's much more space for us to chatter away :D x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Tats

Ace

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: Glasgow

Friday, June 12th 2009, 9:35pm

Hi everyone - and welcome Scoffs, nice to have you here. Try and stay positive, it must have been awful having 4 mcs, but now you are doing everything you can, so don't lose heart at the first hurdle. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Like Christine says it only takes 1 embryo! - same with us, 9 eggs, 7 fertilised and 2 cells taken from each and biopsied, 5 had the syndrome, 1 inconclusive, leaving 1 emby who fought from day 1 and from the remaining 5 cells on ET day is now a beautiful 9 month-old!

How are you feeling about Monday Ros? Is the biopsy scheduled for Thursday then? and Monday is a big day for you Bighope too - I shall be thinking of you both then.

Hows the DR Nat? and Busybee, not heard from you for a while, hope everything's ok.

I empathise with the sore boobs Christine. Glad no sickness though, maybe you'll be lucky though and sail through without it. Think how much your body is doing without you knowing - you're bound to feel tired, try and rest up as much as poss. It'll be nice to catch up with your dad, bet he's thrilled for you too and looking forward to a new grandchild.

Hi Pearl - how goes it? and Louhoo - how are you? Thank you both for your kind words, they cheered me up when I certainly wasn't feeling strong, in fact this morning I was ready to go to pieces - I've been in contact with someone re education for my DSs and it seems like we've just arrived at the foot of a very large mountain which we've got to climb, when she phoned me this morning with bad news I just burst into tears, but fortunately the day got better and this afternoon went to my DD's school concert and out to tea afterwards with both DDs and my mum and step-dad - a rare treat as usually find it too difficult to take DSs to a restaurant but was able to escape without them today!

Its our village fete tomorrow which I'm manning a stall at (teddy's birth place, sweeties in a jar, hoopla, tattoos etc. - oh joy!) so here's hoping it's hot and sunny and not a complete washout 88)

Enjoy your weekends. Night night x
Tats
our little pink miracle born 3 yrs ago

• "bighope2009" started this thread

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Friday, June 12th 2009, 10:22pm

Thanks everyone for your good wishes :smile:

Ros, glad your scan went well. That is fantastic news! :happy: Looking forward to hearing about your follies growing and EC going well on Monday!

Tats, glad you are feeling better and more positive. They say being a mum is the most challenging job any woman can ever take on and I'm sure you are doing a great job as a mom! Well, it takes someone sooooo special to manage to go through the long and stressful journey of PGD while looking after two special needs kids smile2!!!

Christine, wish you a healthy and easy pregnancy! Hope you have a good time with your dad this weekend!

Nat, hope you are sleeping well and remember to keep the positive visualisation going! Are you still having wheatgrass? I stopped it for a few days and got another bottle yesterday. I've also been trying to be verrrrrry healthy and which is making me feel so good :D

Scoffs, welcome to our PGD thread and hope you start your treatment very soon. Where are you having your tx if you don't mind me asking?

Hi to Louhoo, Pearl and busybee.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Bighope xxx

We have an :angel2: in heaven

When there's hope, anything is possible!

20/10/09 :BFP:

• "bighope2009" started this thread

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Friday, June 12th 2009, 10:52pm

Ros, it's great having our new home :D. I think it's easier for others to find us now!

Tats, glad you had a good time this afternoon. Remember you need time for yourself so accept help from others who you feel are close to you. Hope it's nice and sunny tomorrow and good luck with your stall :smile:

Good night everyone.

Bighope xxx

We have an :angel2: in heaven

When there's hope, anything is possible!

20/10/09 :BFP:

louhoo

Reg: May 26th 2009

Children: hope to have a wee miracle asap!

Friday, June 12th 2009, 11:52pm

ivf/pgd

Hi to all you ladies and to scoffs :D :D :D

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!!

Keep positive and our dreams of that wee bundle of joy we are all so desperate for will be with us all very soon!

baby2

Louhoo

South Africa

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 6:26pm

ivf/pgd

wishing all the wonderfull women on this sight ablessed weekend :angel2:

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 7:06pm

Evening Ladies :smile:

Well I am very pleased we have our own area on :FZ: We really have made an impact :D :D

Welcome Scoffs to our thread and I hope you feel at home with us ladies :smile:

Ros, good luck with your last injection tonight, I am so excited for you and hopefully I will be having my last injection this time next week preparing for EC on 22 June :happy: I am supposed to be going to the Take That concert next Sat but don't think I`ll be able to if the injection has to be taken in the evening.....oh well this is much more important but feel rotten letting my friend down :innocent:

Bighope, that is fantastic news! I have a big smile on my face for you, you are nearly there :dancing: Exciting!!!

Tats, hope your day went well at the village fete. You got a nice day for it biggrin2

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend....gosh there is so many of us now, personal hellos takes a while :teehee:

Well today was day 5 of the stimm injections and it is getting easier to do. I am a bit bloated but apart from that i`m ok. I was actually thinking that its maybe not working as don't feel anything going on inside like other ladies has spoken about ?(

xxxxxxxxx
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

Tats

Ace

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: Glasgow

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 8:08pm

Glad your stimms injections are easier now Nat. I felt like a pincushion - and by the end struggled to find a non-purple area to stab! I'm sure it will be working, just feel blessed if you're not suffering. Can you not take your injection with you to the concert? What a fantastic opportunity, it'd be a shame to miss it! I was attending the Scout centenary event at the Millenium Dome, sorry O2 arena, when I had to take my last injection, so I just took my cool bag along for the ride (including a ferry trip down the Thames!) - and that was after flying down from Scotland, then taking a train into London, a tube across town and finally the boat - must have been one of the most well-travelled injections ever! Anyway it meant I could go to the event and still inject on time even if it did mean I had to nip off to the loo for some privacy to do it. As long as you take a doctor's letter to explain why you are carrying it I'm sure security won't be a problem if they ask - they were fine checking in on the aeroplane for instance.

Had a great day at the fete - the sun shined and the village were out in force! We did really well on our stall and did our bit in making some money to help keep the hall going a bit longer!

Enjoy your evenings ladies. Bye for now, Tats x
Tats
our little pink miracle born 3 yrs ago

Ros

Megastar

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 7:07pm

Hey ladies,

I've started a new PGD chatter page for us if anyone else wants to move over there. I thought it would be handy for anyone joining the site.

So I'll put the rest of my post over on there ...
PGD Chatter

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Monday, June 15th 2009, 5:01pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome - you certainly are a lovely bunch - I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Having tx at Oxford fertility unit. My first impression is that they seem pretty nice, although we've only met with the consultant so far and that was last week so we have a long way to go yet. I'm sick of miscarriages and dashed hopes etc so we thought that another approach may work (crossed fingers and toes) although am realistic.

How long did it take for permission from HFEA to come through for you guys. Our consultant said it would take a couple of months? Just wondered.

Good luck with tx everyone. Wishing BFP to all!!
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Ros

Megastar

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 8:43am

Hi Scoffs, I think the other ladies are all using the PGD chatter page now.
I'm not sure about HEFA permission as I didn't go for funding in the end, if you ask on the chatter page one of the other ladies will be able to help. x

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE