You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, June 1st 2009, 10:46am

thanks for your lovely words ladies, I do hope I can start on the Gonal F tonight, my basline is at 4pm.
I think it's good that your clinic are waiting a few weeks before they scan Christine, I think if I ever get a BFP again, I'll wait until 8 weeks rather than 6 weeks to have one.
This sunshine is so lovely, hope you're all having a good day x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Tats

Ace

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: Glasgow

Monday, June 1st 2009, 2:18pm

Will be thinking of you Ros in a couple of hours time. Let us know how you get on. Good luck! x :goodluck:
Tats
our little pink miracle born 3 yrs ago

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Monday, June 1st 2009, 8:42pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all well :smile:

Ros, hope today went well with your baseline scan, I`m sure everything was fine :smile:

Bighope, great news about your probes being ready soon :D Its all coming together!

Christine I see that you get your scan on 22nd June :D Hopefully that is the day I go for Egg Retrieval so I hope its a lucky day for both of us starsmile

I started the Nasal spray on Friday so so far so good although I`m still having flushes and not sleeping very well but it has been very warm anyway the last few days!
I`ve been finding it very hard to stay positive this week but I know it's just my hormones playing with me :innocent: I am finding it hard to get on with my work as I am knackered due to lack of sleep but I`m trying hard to just get on with it and carry on as normal :rolleyes: Oh I am such a moan - sorry for depressing you all!!
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 6:41pm

Hi everyone Ros hope your scan went well and Nat hope that 22nd will be a great day for you and me. Sorry your not sleeping well but as you said it has been very warm over the last week. Hope that you get some sleep soon. I'm really tired and finding the heat too much. Came out in a rash after being in the sun the other day but seem to have disappeared at present. Hope you are all well and that you don't have to much longer to wait Bighope for your treatment to start.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

• "bighope2009" started this thread

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 9:29pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all well.

Ros, hope your scan went well yesterday and that you are starting your stim injections soon.

Nat, sorry you're not sleeping well. I myself get so grumpy when I don't get enough sleep NO! Hope your body gets used to the nasal spray soon. Try to rest as much as you can at the weekend zzzz

Christine, sorry you are feeling tired. I love this weather and the sunshine but I think it's the heat which is making everyone feel tired and lazy! Make sure you have enough water! Don't laugh at me for asking about this but I didn't really get what you meant by saying "you have been given a 4 week line" and I even asked a friend who lives in the same area and she didn't know either :innocent: !!!!

Tats, I didn't have the chance to thank you for sharing more stories with us :thanx: I do enjoy reading your posts.

Busybee, have you heard from your clinic yet?

Now I've got a question for you ladies..... What is FSH and when is it usually measured?

Finally, let me share this with you. I've heard that wheatgrass juice can help improve the quality of eggs ?( ?(. Well, if not, it's quite good in general as it is considered a super source of chlorophyll, amnio acids, minerals, and vitamins. One of its benefits is that it increases red blood-cell count as well as the blood's capacity to deliver oxygen to the body's cells and since I'm anemic from time to time, I thought it might help so I got myself a bottle. Has anyone heard of it or ever tried it?

bighope x

We have an :angel2: in heaven

When there's hope, anything is possible!

20/10/09 :BFP:

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "bighope2009" (Jun 2nd 2009, 9:31pm)

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 9:54pm

Hi Bighope, I hope this answers your question. I found it on the internet:

FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) is a blood hormone test.

This is the key test to determine whether or not you are in menopause. Because your FSH levels rise when your ovaries stop producing enough estrogen, high FSH levels can signal that your body is entering menopause.

I got this test ages ago but not sure if its been tested recently!! They take that many blood samples I have lost track :innocent:

In answer to your other question about Christine getting a 4 week line. She means that the doctor has given her a sick line from work for 4 weeks :smile:

I am feeling better today. I took the day off work and caught up with some sleep :happy: Just need to stay up until 11pm to take my spray and then off to bed!

Hope everyone is well xxxxxxxxxx
Natalie

Ros

Megastar

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 9:56pm

Hey ladies, yes baseline scan went fine yesterday and I started Stimms there and then, so still on for EC on Fri 12th or Mon 15th. They told me that EC for PGD at Guy's is always Mondays or Fridays. I go back for bloods on Friday then go with the flow from then.

Bighope, FSH is folicle stimulating hormone, I think there will be good descriptions of this on the general fertility pages, let me know if you want me to have a dig around for you. Not sure about wheatgrass, I have heard that milk is good for stimms so am trying to drink some every day in addition to the 2 litres of water!...oh and eggs and lots of veges & fruit ... :snigger:

Natalie and Christine, sorry you're not sleeping well, I do love this hot weather but I know that hormones can mess up sleep too. Natalie, when is your baseline?

Busybee, how are you?
Hi to Tats too.
x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 10:05pm

Hi Ros, Thats great you got started on your stimms yesterday :D I am sending you positive thoughts already :happy:

I get my baseline on Monday (8th June) I just hope it is ok, don't know what to expect so a bit nervous my body is not working the way it should be to the drugs ?(

Bighope, where can you buy wheatgrass Juice? Does it taste nice?
Natalie

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 10:27pm

Nat and Ros, thanks for your answers. I'll try to search for it on the general fertility pages just to know more about it and when it's usually done.

Ros, so glad your scan went well and you've started your stimms :smile:

Nat, Glad you've taken the day off work and you're feeling better. Thanks for explaining (a 4 week line) for me. I thought it meant that but because it's not used here, i thought I'd better ask. Now that I got it........Oh Christine, it's brilliant you're having 4 weeks off work :snigger:

Night night everyone. Hope you all sleep well tonight.

Bighope x

Tuesday, June 2nd 2009, 10:37pm

Nat, I've heard that it tastes terrible!!!! But the one I got from Holland and Barrett is cocktail which includes 45% wheatgrass juice and the rest is green tea, apple juice, agave syrup and lemon juice, all organic, so hoping it won't be that bad :smile: Haven't tried it yet. It says on the bottle a delicious drink, but I don't trust that :snigger:

bighope x

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 12:30pm

Hi Everyone Ros I'm glad that your baseline scan went well and that you are now on the stimms. I have everything crossed for you to get BFP result. Nat it's not too long now till your baseline scan and I hope that all goes well for you. Bighope sorry if I confused you, it is a sick line to sign me off work for the four weeks. I have just made another appoint for the docs for the Wed after scan. My DH tryed some wheatgrass and he said it was foul and wouldn't have it a gain. Hope since yours is a mixture that it might taste better, hope so. As it was a bit cooler last night I had a better sleep hope you are sleeping better Nat. Hope Busybee and Tats are doing well. Take care.

Christine xx

Tats

Ace

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 1:58pm

What I've heard of wheatgrass is that because it's so high in chlorophyll it's likened to being red blood cells of plants (if they had them!) so really good at increasing health in general, and also because chlorophyll has high levels of
magnesium this is good for sex hormones - so better get drinking! However the best benefits come from growing your own wheatgrass then only using a certain type of juicer (i.e. not run-of-the-mill centrifrugal juicers which funnily enough are the only affordable type both in terms of buying and using - the ones you're meant to use take an age to clean - my friend was extolling their virtues and poo-pooing my ordinary juicer, but least bits of mine go in the dishwasher!) Wheatgrass is also advocated as an alternative treatment to cancer, but when I suggested it to my step-dad he said the taste was so disgusting he preferred having cancer! so bang went that one!
Anyway for iron deficiency you could try Floradix liquid iron from health food shops, better than those ghastly tablets which leave you bunged up forever.
Anyway ladies keep posting all the good news you keep having. Lets keep the positivity flowing! and you can call me Ange all week as have 6 kids in the house all week as son's school are enjoying a french exchange! Now where's Brad disappeared to...?
Tats x
Tats

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 8:54pm

Hi ladies, let me update you with my story with the wheatgrass before you think of trying it and hating me for mentioning it!

I tried the cocktail this morning. It didn't taste bad at all, it was more like apple juice but the problem was I had a rash!!! As far as I'm aware I'm not allergic to anything but I'm quite sure the rash was an allergic reaction. It wasn't that bad though, started on my ears :snigger:, then moved to my hands and finally to my arms. Luckily, nobody at work noticed and it was completely gone three hours later :chortle:. I'm not giving up though. I'll try a smaller dose tomorrow morning and see what happens. I'll also try to convince my DH to try it. I've checked online but no side effects or allergies have been reported, so it might be just me or maybe one of the other ingredients in the cocktail :innocent:

Christine, thanks for your explanation. We call it "sick leave" here and that's why I got a bit confused when you put "4 week line". I kind of guessed, but didn't want to sound daft saying "glad you're having 4 weeks off" while you might have meant something different :D. Well, starting this thread was a brilliant idea, I'm not only learning loads of things about PGD, but also enjoy hearing and getting Scottish expressions high5.....really interesting!

Tats, you seems to know a lot about whaetgrass. I've never heard of it until lately. I'm not on iron tablets right now because what happened 3 months ago was that I took them for a long time and then we found out that my iron serum level was too high but the red blood count was still not that good, so I had to stop them. For this reason I want the wheatgrass juice to work because that's exactly what I need. Hope all the kids have gone to beds by now so you can have some peace :smile:

Hello to Ros, Nat and busybee.

Bighope x

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 2:47pm

Hi everyone. Not been on in a few days so thought I`d check in and see what's happening :D

Bighope, your story about Juice had me in stitches :happy: I went and bought some today but its mixed with green tea, syrup and lemon juice so its quite nice. I get my baseline scan on Monday so fingers crossed I am good to go with the stim injections xfingers

DR has been ok this week. Have slept better and feeling more positive :happy: I went to see John Edwards (psychic) the other night and it was great. He was talking about visualising what you want to happen and positive thoughts and I came home full of energy! DH thinks I`m nuts but if I am feeling more positive it can only be a good thing :smile:

Hope you are all ok and looking after yourselves.

N xx
Natalie

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 11:48pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well.

Nat, glad you have slept well this week and maybe that's what helped you have this positive attitude. Remember having a positive attitude is the first step towards any success so keep this positive thinking going. I've read that visualisation and positive thinking are so powerful because they improve the overall mental and physical health and help reduce stress and depression levels, which in turn leads to increased odds of getting pregnant.

My good news is that I'm having the wheatgrass cocktail again :D. I tried a smaller dose on Thursday but still had the rash. I was very disappointed because I really wanted to use it. However, what happened yesterday was that I had the allergy reaction again without having the cocktail which meant that the problem wasn't with the cocktail itself :happy: :happy:. I'm doing my investigations now trying to find out what it was then. It can't be food because all I had in the morning was milk and oats!!! By the way, where did you get yours from? I got mine from Holland and Barrett and it's also nice but the bottle is 750ml and it has to be consumed within five days. I convinced my husband to have some and help me finish this bottle but I prefer to have smaller ones.

Hope your baseline scan goes well on Monday and you start your stim injections soon xfingers

Hello to all the other ladies and hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Bighope x

Ros

Megastar

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 6:36pm

Hey ladies, hope you've all had a good weekend. I have a follie scan in the morning to see how I'm doing, getting a bit anxious that my follies are slow this cycle, but we'll see tomorrow ...

Natalie, good luck with your baseline. I'm loving your postitive attitude.

Bighope, I think it's great that you're getting super doopa healthy with these drinks. I think that if I have any more drink on top of the water and milk I'm drinking then I might aswell move into the loo :snigger:

Hello to all the other ladies on this thread x
babydust

louhoo

Reg: May 26th 2009

Children: hope to have a wee miracle asap!

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 7:39pm

ivf/pgd

Hi Ros :D

Thankyou so much for your kind support. I do hope you too stay positive and believe that PGD will be the answers that you have been waiting for to have that special wee bundle of joy!!!
I am keeping focused on all the positives and hope that next year there will be a wee patter of tiny feet!.
It is very hard not to get hung up on the worry that "what if it doesn't work" but my G.P informed me that if PGD didnt have a chance of working, then me and my DH would not have been referred to the ACU clinic.
It is very interesting to hear all about other people's sad/happy stories and I do believe that if you keep positive, then there is a good chance that it will work for you!!
I wish you all the very very very best and keep in touch. :happy: :happy:

louhoo

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 7:42pm

p.s Ros,

A big good luck for tomorrow!! Stay positive!!

Ros

Megastar

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 7:43pm

thanks Louhoo, I hope that the patter of little feet is there for you next year. There is always hope hun, and that's what keeps us going through all of this. Hope is a wonderful thing x

louhoo

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 7:48pm

Cheers Ros,

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what are stimms?
Are they the injections to help increase follies? ?(

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 8:26pm

Louhoo, welcome to our IVF/PGD thread :hi:. All the ladies here are very supportive and I think starting this thread was a brilliant idea! It hasn't only helped me learn a lot about PGD but also be more positive about the whole process. So hope you too will find it helpful talking and sharing experiences with people in the same boat.

Regarding your question about stim injections, I understand that they are stimulating hormone injections given to stimulate egg development in the ovaries. Ladies please correct me if I was wrong :innocent:

Ros, good luck with your scan tomorrow and hope they see lots of good follies all growing nicely xfingers. Keep your hopes up and always think positive!

There was a babies remembrance service this afternoon so had a very emotional day :bawl:. However, it was very special and we didn't regret going! The music and songs were beautiful and each baby was remembered by name and an individual candle. At the end balloons were released as an act of remembrance!

Hello to all the other ladies.

Bighope x

louhoo

Sunday, June 7th 2009, 8:43pm

Hi Bighope, :D

Thankyou for your answer on the stimms! Yea this is a good web site for discussions and listening to people's stories.
It's good to have somewhere to chat about PGD etc etc as my DH can at times no wish to discuss this (maybe a male MACHO thing! :snigger:) or thinks I can be too obsessed about it!!! (Maybe he's right) he he!
Anyway, keep in touch and stay positive and best wishes to you!

My motto is, what's for you won't go by you!!!!! :happy:

Monday, June 8th 2009, 6:37pm

Hi everyone starsmile

Well today I had my baseline scan and it went well :thumbsup2: I start stimm injections tomorrow. I have 9 follies on my left ovary and 1 on my right so here's hoping they grow nicely :smile:

I was so nervous about today but feel full of energy to get me to the next stage high5

Ros, how did your scan go? I was thinking of you today!

Bighope how is the wheatgrass coming along? I also got mine from Holland and Barrat and its a big bottle too! I find if you drink it through a straw it isn't that bad, even DH had some :snigger:

Christine, how's pregnant life? Bet you are blooming :happy:

Hi to everyone else and our newest member Louhoo. Its lovely to have a new PGD lady :D
Natalie

louhoo

Monday, June 8th 2009, 7:27pm

Hi Nat and to all other ladies!! :D

Yea, this website is really good to share one another's stories etc and very good reading!!!

Well done to you and your follies. :D :thumbsup2:

I cant wait until I start the process! So far all my blood tests, amh etc and my DH sperm tests etc have came back looking positive so here's hoping!!

Louhoo :smile:

Monday, June 8th 2009, 7:31pm

So glad to hear your good news, Ros :happy: and best of luck with your stimm injections xfingers

Just a warning about the wheatgrass juice!!! Make sure you don't have too much because it can cause nausea due to the high sugar content and its detoxing effects! I'm having around 100ml every morning. I find it quite nice and sometimes I add a bit more apple juice as it's one of its ingredients. Haven't thought of using a straw, but will try it :P. You can have a look at the following link if you'd like to get more information:

http://www.happyjuicer.com/wheatgrass/ho…-wheatgrass.asp

I'm not sure if you know this but it's better to drink it on an empty stomach and wait for half an hour before eating.

Ros, hope you had great news about your follies! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello to all the ladies :smile:

Bighope x

Monday, June 8th 2009, 7:44pm

Nat, forgot to mention that I've read recently that women trying to get pregnant could boost their chances by having a diet high in nuts and avocado! I like them and have them quite often but I'm trying to make sure to have them more regularly now. At the end, a well balanced diet is the best thing for our bodies so don't think too much about it!

Bighope xxx

Monday, June 8th 2009, 8:26pm

Hi Everyone, Nat glad to see that your scan went well and that you'll be starting stimms tomorrow. Good luck with them. Ros hope that your folicles are continuing to grow and that you are also managing the stimm injections. Bighope have you had any news yet re probes I'm getting so excited for you. Louhoo the time that your waiting will fly by and I'm sure that it won't be long before your on the treatment. Tats hope that your ok and coping with lo's well and keeping them entertained. Busy bee how are you and what are you up to?
I'm doing ok still off on the sick and just waiting for the scan, nearly as bad as 2ww. Still feeling well but still have the sore boobs, but I quite like that so I know that I still have hormones raging around my body. Hope everyone has a good week.

Christine xx

Tats

Ace

Monday, June 8th 2009, 9:13pm

Good evening ladies,

Welcome Louhoo - hope you find answers to any PGD questions here, there's getting to be quite a few PGD ladies here now so hopefully between us all we can come up with the answers, or even just lend some support. It's such an emotional journey apart from anything else, and a lot of men find discussing that side of things difficult so you're not alone! I see you're having treatment at Glasgow - my PGD baby started life here, as has Christine's, so you're in good hands there! What stage are you at? are they doing your probes at the moment?

That's great news about your follies Nat :happy: - hope they keep growing nicely. Make sure you don't overdo things and look after yourself!

I expect it was very emotional at the service Bighope, but a good way to remember the little ones. How's it going with the wheatgrass. Hopefully no horrid rash again?

Hi Ros - hope you're keeping well on the stims and your follies are maturing nicely. How did your scan go today? Let us know how you got on.

Christine, hope you're taking it really easy 88). How are you feeling? any morning sickness yet? - I was always soooo sick, and not just in the mornings and it started as soon as and continued most of the way through...trust me not to be normal! Sore boobs - not nice, but a very good sign that all's progressing well! I got the sorest boobs of the lot with my first pregnancy and constantly burst into tears, and whenever I went into town found myself wandering round the babywear section in tears and that was even before I did the first PT...foregone conclusion wasn't it!! Hope the hormones settle down a bit though and give your body a bit of a break.

Hi to BusyBee too, stay positive whilst you wait for your treatment to begin.

and hello to anyone else reading this!

Everything's much calmer here now our french guests have left, just back to 4 children again! :D DH started a new job today, with much longer hours and some Saturdays too, so fear the breastfeeding will have to stop before too long as just too busy running around in 4 different directions! (and she's grown 2 teeth too - and is known to whip her head round whilst still holding on...ouch! think sore boobs only come with pregnancy?!!!!) :innocent:

Have a good evening everyone. Sleep well (if you can Nat!)
Tats x
Tats

louhoo

Monday, June 8th 2009, 9:26pm

:hello:

Hi Tats,

Nice to hear from you and I do hope that my journey through this PGD is as lucky as yours! (best of luck to you too, Christine :D)
Me and my DH have been waiting roughly around 2 and a half years and was at hospital last week going over our screening and was informed that everything is ready (probes etc) and we are expected to wait for 6 months due to waiting list to start treatment.
We were told that our blood tests (AMH, sperm test, etc) all came back with good results, so fingers cross that we get that wee bundle of joy we are sooo desperate for.
Hope the next 6 month fly by!! :happy:

Louhoo

Monday, June 8th 2009, 9:30pm

Hi Louhoo :smile:

I am sure the 6 months will fly in! We were told we needed PGD in October and we have just started our treatment and it went in quickly for us :smile:
You are in good hands at GRI so fingers crossed we all get our BFP soon :D :D :D
Natalie

louhoo

Monday, June 8th 2009, 9:40pm

:D :D :D

Hi Nats,

Wow, your PGD seems to have went very quickly!! :happy:
Keep thinking positive and best of luck with everything!!!!
:happy: :happy: :happy:

Louhoo

Monday, June 8th 2009, 9:47pm

Hi again Louhoo

It has been quick considering they told us initially we could be waiting 12 - 18 months for treatment from October but in reality its only taken 7 months :D We were initally referred in August 2007 and were seen in July 2008 and from then on it has been a rollercoaster finding out about DH having a balanced translocation and very low sperm count (he is only 25yrs old so major shock) :bawl: We are staying strong and positive and hoping we will have a family we so very much want :D
Natalie

Tats

Ace

Monday, June 8th 2009, 11:37pm

I think they prepare you for the worst but generally are able to start treatment sooner. We were referred after probs with DS2 (born in summer of 05), so by the time we realised it was genetic, referred to the geneticist, had various tests, then asked about future children which led him on to make enquiries to Glasgow, (he originally said it was likely we'd have to go to London, we said fine, whatever we had to do) I suppose it must have been 2006 before we were initially seen at GRI. They took samples, told us there was a long waiting list of people ahead of us and that the probes would take an age, so we put it on the backburner and looked forward to a time in the future they would make contact with us again, which happened in the autumn 07 - then treatment commenced v. quickly and I was pregnant by Nov 07, and baby born in summer 08. :happy: :happy:
We were thrilled there isn't a huge age gap between the children, although quite sad to see babe at 9m quickly catching up developmentally with her brother (their vocal ability is level-pegging - at 1 word each!) - he will be 4 next month and has just been assessed non-verbally at the level of a 2 y-o, so that was a bit of a blow to receive that report in the post at the weekend, not a huge shock but it's one thing to suspect and another to actually see it in black and white. Hey! tomorrow's another day....
sweet dreams x
Tats

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 6:06pm

Hi everyone,
I've just had a call from our clinic saying that our probes are ready at last starsmile! I need to ring tomorrow morning and ask for an appointment with a consultant. Isn't that great happydance?

I was told that the treatment would be starting on day 1 of my period because I have to take the pill for approximately two weeks before starting DR? I know your clinics have been different but does anyone know what that stage is for?

Bighope x

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 7:47pm

Bighope that is brilliant news. I'm so pleased for you. I would think the pill is so that the clinic can take over your cycle and have dates to suit them. I bet you can't wait till tomorrow to get an appoint to see consultant. I'm grinning from ear to ear for you. Keep us up to date and let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Christine xx

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 9:18pm

Bighope that is fantastic news high5

The clinic were possibly going to put me on the pill but for some reason changed there mind and I just started the DR on day 21 of my period. Not everyone gets the same treatment so it sounds fine to me :cheese: Do you have a regular cycle? OMG you could be starting treatment really soon..........woooo hooo biggrin2

Not long till your scan Christine :happy: Can I ask, did you take time off the week of Egg retrieval or was it after on your 2ww. I am thinking I might take the week of 22nd off as not sure if I will be able to concentrate! Oh I don't know what to do!

Ros how are you finding the injections?

Tats, hope you are feeling better today :hugs: sending you big hugs.

Hi to everyone else :D
Natalie

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 9:52pm

Thank you Christine and Nat. It's helpful to know that it's something I shouldn't worry about :smile:

I have a regular cycle (sometimes 29 or 30 days) but seems that taking the pill will allow more accurate planning of the day of EC. I wish I could start next week as my AF is due in 4-5 days!

Christine, how are you feeling? any morning sickness yet? Hope not! Some women are so lucky that they don't have any sickness at all.

Nat, hope your stimm injections are going well and you're sleeping well.

Tats, hope you're not getting tired after your DH started his new job. Didn't know your DD is that young bab10

Louhoo, hope the next 6 months fly by and that you end up with your BFP!!

Ros, hope your follies are growing nicely! Is your EC going to be on Fri 12th or Mon 15th?

Busybee, hope we start our treatments together very soon.

I'm not sure if I could sleep tonight because I'm SOOOOO excited! :party:

Bighope x

louhoo

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 10:04pm

Hi bighope!

I'm so so so so so so so so happy for you!!!!!! :thumbsup2: :dancing: :laugh: :laugh:
Hope it all goes well!

Louhoo :happy:

South Africa

Reg: Jun 11th 2009

Children: 2 amzing kids

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 5:33pm

ivf/pgd

:hi: :hi: :hi: my name is pearl i am south african i have been reading all you ladies good news.it makes me sooo happy to know there are other women going through what im going through.i am 38 years old and have 2 kids but have had 5 miscarriages in 6 yrs its been been tough. i am still positive that i will have another baby.we went to afertilty clinic in cape town south africa and they told me tha i have abalanced translocation and thrombophlia well i was:what: is that .i was was then given the go ahead for an ivf cycle with pgd.we sarted in march i had 9 follicles and retrieved 13 eggs which are know frozen.the day of ec i was told that the probes did not arrive my dh and i were so dissapointed i was in:bawl: and angry cos in sa we have to pay for everthing medical aid funding is not available. just means more financial strain for us .So we had to wait know until the probes arrive in south africa.well i contacted my dr and he gave the best news everhappydanceim going to go cape town in july to complete my journey. im so excited my meds will be posted to me soon and i will start when my next cycle starts which is around the 5th of july. to all the ladies going through stims good luck and i hope to hear more of you with:BFP: stories to tell us newbies as this really gives us hope thankyou for awonderfull thread.abd i hope i can be welcome in the group all my love andbabydust to all

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 5:45pm

Welcome Pearl :D :hello: It is always lovely having a new PGD lady to join us :smile: We are a good bunch and support each other so much....I don't know what I would've done over the last few months without everyone on here thumbup

I am sorry about you having to wait and having your eggs frozen but it won't be long until you go back and can join the :BFP: group :snigger:

My DH has a balanced translocation also so that is why we are on this long journey also. I hope that we will be jumping for joy in a few weeks as I am desparate to be a Mum. I need to rush off just now as have to pick up my wee dog and then my DH so I`ll be back on later.

Hi to everyone else, hope your day has been good :happy:
Natalie

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 7:19pm

Pearl, you're more than welcome to join in, the more the merrier :happy:!!

The ladies here are all lovely and really supportive (that includes me of course :P). I don't know what I would've done without this thread, it's been not only educational and supportive but also fun :smile:. It's nice to know that you're not alone!

Sorry that you had to wait for your probes! We had our blood test done in March and we had to wait for three months for the probes to be ready! It's very frustrating waiting for things in the whole IVF/PGD process but it's all worth it at the end!

Now ladies, let me update you with my news!!!
I rang our clinic this morning to have a consultation appoint and guess when the nearest one available is???? It's on Monday biggrin2. I honestly couldn't believe it!!! But the problem is I can't ask to take the day off at such short notice so I'll have to ring in sick! :poorly: I've never done it before so I'm quite nervous about it. The next appoint available was next Friday, for which I could ask to take the day off, but it's just that I don't want to wait! ?(

Hope you are all doing well. Not long till the weekend! :smile:

Bighope x

South Africa

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:07pm

ivf

starsmile hi nat thankyou for your warm welcome i look forward to our new friendship

South Africa

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:18pm

ivf/

hi bighope high5 i am so glad to meet you and dont feel bad for calling in sick its for a good cause. you must be feelin soooo:cheese: good luck with the appointment on monday.cant wait to hear more good news i feel like akid in the candy store .

you know what i like about everyone on this thread is that everyone knows the serious the nature of our individual stories are but everyone is so positive.grouphug

Tats

Ace

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:19pm

Fantastic news BigHope - you must be so excited and can't wait til Monday. :D

Hope the stims are going ok Nat and Ros. When are your next scans?

Hi Pearl - welcome to the thread! How's SA? I'm sure July will come round fast for you to continue your journey.

A big hello to everyone else too.

I'm feeling a bit more positive about everything today, and trying to turn things round to see the postives of the boys' condition rather than the negatives that e.g. we go to a brilliant playgroup for kids with special needs and met some lovely families through that who we wouldn't have done ordinarily. Last Friday was Dream Night at the zoo where children with special needs have a special evening, my boys loved it and we even got to feed lemurs out of our hands. It was a fantastic evening and we really appreciated everyone's efforts to make it such a good night - despite the torrential rain...typical Scottish weather!!

Night everyone. May tomorrow bring you another day closer to achieving your dreams x
Tats

South Africa

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:36pm

ivf/pgd

hi tat:wave: your storie is so inspiring you are such are strong amazing women i am so pleased to meet you. this :rose: for you

louhoo

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:47pm

RE: ivf/pgd

Hi Pearl, :D

Welocme to this page and I hope we all can support you through this journey that we are all on!!!

Hello to everyone else and a big good luck to you to Bighope :goodluck:

Louhoo

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:50pm

Welcome Pearl it is good to meet you and it won't be long till July and then you will start your treatment. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions and we will do our best to answer them. Bighope that is great news and good luck on monday when you see the consultant. Nat hope stimms are going well. I did have time off after EC as it was my days off. I was a wee bit sore after just like cramp but do what is right for you, just take it easy and don't get stressed. Ros hope your getting on well with stimms and hope you have good news re folicles at next scan. Tats glad you are feeling better and more positive. I'm glad you had a good time out at the zoo and that the boys enjoyed themselves. I'm doing ok slightly more positive now that I have gone further in this pregnancy than the last. Just looking forward to 22nd for the scan so that I can see for sure it's there and healthy. Hi to everybody else. Hope you are all well. Take care.

Christine xx

South Africa

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 8:58pm

:hi: louhoo so great to meet you look forward to having agreat friendship with you:chocs:

louhoo

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 9:02pm

Hi Christine,

Hang in there and stay positive!!!! You must be still very nervous but I'm sure your scan will fine! You'l be feeling so nervous that day.
Tats, you are an amazing woman and I admire you!!!

Louhoo

South Africa

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 9:08pm

ivf/pgd

:hi: cristine your storie makes me sooo excited to be on this journey and you give me hope:happy: your storie made me want to join in and be be apart of greatgrouphug group of dynamic women this is for you:flowerbasket:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE