You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Esha82" started this thread

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 3:47pm

Is lining important for a FET

Hi Everyone,

I am due to start an assisted FET on the 8th of April after a failed ISCI attempt in Feb.

I am a little worried as I have read a lot of ladies talking about there lining before ET... And I remember it being checked with my ISCI but my clinic dont do a blood test or a scan before ET.

Should this be something I am questioning?

A x x x

Reg: Sep 28th 2008

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 4:19pm

Hi Esha,

I am being treated at Aberdeen Fertility Clinic and they didn't organise a scan for me. Is this where you are having treatment? My consultant explained that because there is not agreed optimum thickness that there is no point in measuring it. I didn't agree with this policy at all really.

I was worried about my lining being too thin - but alot of girls on FZ told me that for FET your lining doesn't have to be as thick as with fresh ET.

TTC with IVF - 3.5 years
2011 - BFP
Boy 11/11/11 - 4 weeks early!

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 5:58pm

hi

I agree totally with foxy as i to am getting tx at aberdeen centre and never got a scan just a blood test to check progesterone. i to dont agree with this so i really would ask for a scan

best of luck
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN
IVF 2 MAY 09 BFN BLEEDING 6 DAYS BEFORE TEST DAY
WE ARE HAVING A BREAK FROM IVF FOR NOW

• "Esha82" started this thread

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Monday, April 6th 2009, 2:00pm

Thanks for the reply ladies.

Yes I am at Aberdeen... I seem to have the feeling they are the only clinic that do this.

Well I was getting a little worried about it so I phoned and very innocently left a message saying my protocol didnt have a scan date on it for lining before ET and a very helpful Nurse called back.

I was expecting the whole we dont do that story but instead I was informed that they will scan me the day before ET and the reason they wait to give you a date for the scan is because they need to make sure that the FET happens between a Tues and a Friday and they like to do it the day before as cuts down on traveling. But I think it seems to change depending on who you speak to. The nurses are so helpfull and sometimes the DR not so much.

So at the mo I seem to be getting a scan.

Have both you ladies had FET's at Aberdeen? Hope you dont mind me asking. How was your experiance with them?

A x x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE