You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "luckysmb" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 3:54pm

Clomid - should i be taking vitamins etc to help?

hi, new and the site is so full of information thought it might be easier just to ask a question here as still getting used to the forums etc. I'm about to start a 6 month cycle of clomid (cd11 so start next cd2)..gynaecologist putting me straight on 100mg for 3 months then will up dose if nothing happens..just wondering if I should be taking anything besides the usual folic acid to help??
I took clomid for one month last year (gynaecologist thought one dose might give my ovaries enough of a kick up the ****(his words! lol) but it didnt work, had hot flushes and awful mood swings etc so I sort of know what to expect. Thanks for listening

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 4:17pm

RE: Clomid - should i be taking vitamins etc to help?

Hiya

When I was on clomid, I just took my prenantal vitamin.

Wishing you lots of luck xxx

<

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 4:36pm

Hi there and welcome to FZ :D

I started off just taking folic acid and then took a pre-natal supplement which a nutrionist recommended (Antenatal Forte) . I know some girls have taken Vit C as an additional supplement - there's more info in this thread Vitamin C

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "luckysmb" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 4:40pm

thank you x

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 10:35am

Clomid + Vit C / other supplements

Hello all

I'm new here, so sorry if I'm starting a discussion which has already been covered a million times!

I've got PCO and started Clomid recently. First round of 50mg didn't work and I'm currently waiting for induced AF before starting on round 2 Clomid at 100mg.

I've got Zita West's 'Guide to Getting Pregnant' and read on the Clomid pages that 1000mg Vit C can help it work. So I've been taking a 1000mg supplement daily as well as pro-natal multi-vitamin + mineral supplements. So far so sensible, I thought.

But then I was reading a different part of Zita West's book last night and read that anything more than 1000mg Vit C can affect CM and make it v acidic, which I understand is not sperm-friendly.

Hm, not sure what to do now.

I've got Pre-Seed at the ready, in case CM dries up with the increased dose of Clomid. Does anyone know if this is enough to counteract any decrease in the quality of CM? Any other thoughts / experiences?!

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking too much about this until I know I'm ovulating anyway...

Thanks all and :pray: for everyone
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE