You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "opal3010" started this thread

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 8:09pm

What Now?

Hi,

I am new to the site and would appreciate some advice. My circumstances are as follows -

I have a 10 year old from a previous relationship, whilst trying for her I was diagnosed as having Polycycstic Ovaries. I conceived her naturally following a laparoscopy. My cycle has always been eratic - anything from 28 days to over two years apart.

I have been trying with my new partner for over a year now (i'm almost 36). I had just begun attending my local infertility clinic in Oct when I found out I was pregnant - we lost this baby at 6 weeks, its heart stopped and I had to have an operation to remove it. I contacted the clinic and they agreed to see me again, I went in Dec but was told I had to wait till March to start treatment to let my body go back to normal. I went back there on 4th March and the doc gave me clomid (50mg) to take day 2-6 of my cycle and as I have only had one cycle since the M/C a prescription for Provera to bring my next cycle on. I ended my course of Provera 9 days ago and feel fine - no symptoms of an upcoming cycle! I have to call them mid-week if nothing happens. So my question is what happens now? Do they up the dose of Provera (on 5mg) or do they normally try something else?

I have been told that as my daughter lives with me I cannot be considered for IVF, and that I can only stay on Clomid for 6mths - does this mean that after 6mths I have hit the end of the road? DB's SA was perfect so the problem lies completely with me.

Many Thanks for reading. Opal x
:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 9:26pm

Welcome to :FZ: Opal

Sorry I can't help with your questions but I am sure someone will be along soon that can help.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a CLOMID CHICKS CHAT thread HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a secondary infertility/trying again section HERE where you can talk to others in a similar position to yourself.

There is a trying again chatter thread HERE where you can get to know some of the others trying again.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 9:40pm

Hi Opal and welcome to FZ.

Firstly I am very sorry for your loss :sadface:

Hopefully your AF will turn up soon - to be honest I'm not sure what they might do next, provera has always made mine show but it always took me by suprise on it and I never had any symptoms.

Hopefully the clomid will work for you within 6 months and you won't need to consider what next. IUI could be the next step but again I don't know if you'll be eligible for this as you already have a daughter. Fingers crossed you don't even need to be considering this anyway - we have load of clomid success stories on here and hopefully you'll be adding to them very soon.

I don't seem to have helped very much with your questions - sorry! - but if there is anything else please just shout.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

doodles

Reg: Mar 23rd 2009

Children: None yet

Monday, March 30th 2009, 8:19pm

RE: What Now?

Hi Opal, welcome!

I too am on provera, I have had it on its own twice and both times it took me 10-14 days for it to work and I had no symptoms, it just appeared. Best of luck, hope that af turns up soon.
Sue

Apr 09: Cycle 1 Clomid 50g & provera
May 09: BFP
Jun 09: MMC @ 10.5 wks (ERPC)
Aug 09: extra rubella jab
Sep 09: Cycle 2 Clomid, no provera this time

• "opal3010" started this thread

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Monday, March 30th 2009, 9:39pm

Thanks guys - I'll wait a few more days then give them a call. Just want to get on with taking my Clomid - when I got my prescription it felt as though I was getting somewhere again and now I can't get started!!!
:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE