You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jo101

Star

• "Jo101" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 6:41pm

Possible to improve AMH levels?

Hi,

My AMH level is 1.4 is there anything at all I can do to improve it??
ANd is it true low AMH mean IVF success is less likely?
Many thanks,

Jo x

2nd IVF :BFP:

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Jo101" (Mar 26th 2009, 6:42pm)

Reg: Dec 21st 2008

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 7:25pm

Hi Jo,

I was hoping to start IVF treatment this month but then got the shocking news that my AMH level is 3.3 - and so they will no longer treat me. I have been told that my only option now is donor eggs? I have looked into going private and have found a clinic who is willing to treat me using my eggs but obviously there is always the thought that they are simply agreeing to do it cause of the money and are not bothered about the outcome - on the other hand, they want success stories to keep their figures looking good, so?
I have been told that there is nothing you can do to improve it like you can with fsh levels.
If you get any more answers please let me know as I have only just been dropped with this bombshell and am still in shock.
Lots of luck in whatever you decide. x

Jo101

Star

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 7:34pm

Hi there,

Well your clinic sound a bit harsh.....

My clinic have been very good about it and really just said that I will never produce loads of eggs but they still managed to collect 4 and 2 were really good quality.

I think moving to donor eggs is an option but I think you should try your own first and I know using donor eggs can take some time.

I know what you mean about money etc and you have to wonder at times.....but I think you should hang in there. I have read about DHEA helping but dont know much yet.......will keep you posted.

Jo

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 7:36pm

Hi there,
If you look under the "ovarian reserve" post under preparation for IVF/ICSI heading there is a fact sheet that tells you all about AMH levels.

Hope it helps :smile:
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

Jo101

Star

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 7:46pm

Thanks Lillia!

Jo x

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 9:23pm

Hey Ladies,

Just thought I would pop in here as my AMH is 1.34 :rolleyes:
There isn't anything that we can do to improve it I'm afraid however, at the end of the day, egg quality is better than quantity, so if we only produce a few good eggs then that ain't so bad!!
I won't lie and say that it will be easy for us because it won't but it isn't impossible, my clinic have had a successful birth from a patient with an AMH of 0.6... it can be done :D
I wouldn't read too much about AMH levels to be honest, FAR too depressing, I would just go with the flow and see what happens!

Good Luck MM xxxx

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 11:15pm

That would be fine if clinics's would treat us with low AMH's - they are the one's who seem to be putting all the emphasis on it. :sadface:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wolls" (Mar 26th 2009, 11:15pm)

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: 1 DD - 2005

Friday, March 27th 2009, 5:46am

Is there anyway you can look at a different clinic?

Jan 05:BFP:
2007 - 2010 - 7 x :BFN:
DD 5yrs Old - Time to [zx103]

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 6:51pm

I can't look at a different NHS clinic as my PCT have said they won't fund me to go anywhere else - my only option is paying and going private, which I may get a loan and do, but it is just so frustrating that at my NHS hospital I am entitled to 3 free goes and I can't even get one! :sadface:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wolls" (Mar 28th 2009, 6:52pm)

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 11:42am

Hi Wolls,

Sorry to hear about your AMH level, my understanding was that the cut off point for the NHS was 1.5?????
My AMH is 1.34 and I too am just coming up for 34.... arse!!!
I am being treated privately and they did tell me that getting my body to respond to stims would be tricky ( cancelled 1st round IVF due to poor response) HOWEVER they have said that I can still have a good chance at getting a BFP :D... if my ovaries will play the game!!
Sadly there is nothing that can be done to improve your AMH level but a couple of girls on here have had their levels rise.. Kar1 & Honey.. so who knows what is possible :D ?(

Good luck with your journey Hun blowkiss

MM xxx

twin girls

Jo101

Star

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 11:50am

Thanks MM,

I live outside the UK so we are not on the NHS.
Even if we were living in the UK our local promary trust does not fund IVF so in one way we are really lucky.
I am gonna try DHEA I know you did not get one so well with it, but I will see how it goes and will keep you posted.

best of luck with everything,

Jo x

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 11:55am

Good luck with the DHEA Jo, I think that it is good stuff :D xx

twin girls

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 3:46pm

My AMH is 1.56 and I'm 33. We've just had first IVF, long protocol. It took me 5 weeks to down regulate, and I had to double the dose of Buserelin and also increase the stimming drug Merional from 150 to 225, but...

they collected 12 eggs, of which 8 fertilised. They were all doing so well on day 3 that they cultured them to blastocyst and I've just had one hatching blast put back a day early because it was doing so well, with three other good ones going in the freezer and a fourth being cultured for a further day before possibly being frozen.

So obviously I've not got my BFP yet (as have just started the 2WW) but we are delighted with this result from low AMH levels. So anything is possible...

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
IVF#1 2009 - 3xSET (blasts) - 3xBFN
IgG cardiolipins and Lupus antibodies, MTHFR heterozygous
IVF#2 2010 - 2 blasts, BFP 1/6/10, secondary OHSS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!
On Metformin 4x500mg, Clexane 80mg, Aspirin 75mg, B12 3x50mcg
Gestational diabetes (diet controlled)
Elizabeth born prematurely on 25/11/10 at 29+3, weighing 3lbs

Jantry

Reg: Aug 9th 2011

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 10:09pm

Hi,

We are trying to have baby ....even I have low AMH (2.2pmol/l), we are thinking to go to Liverpool for IVF. How is this facility, i have heard that they are good or can any one suggest me......which is better place for us...one more thing my hubby has been diagnosed with HepC. so we are looking for suggestions.

Jan

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 10:35pm

Hey Jo,

Just thought i'd quickly add on here that your clinic wouldn't treat you if your AMH were under a certain level and they thought that it wasn't going to work - that is what my clinic told me anyway. I have low AMH (2) but be careful when comparing to your own as there are 2 different scales to measure AMH. This puts me in the low fertility bracket and not a good place to be, but I have always produced lots of eggs (16 and 12) and we are now 2 weeks away from meeting our little one. Don't give up hope - low AMH doesn't have to mean it is all over - there are other things to consider as well - like what your FSH is like in relation to this. Wishing you all the best.

Are you Swedish Jo? xxx

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Friday, August 12th 2011, 5:04pm

Hi Jan

I'm going to PM you hun.. xx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE