You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

greerbandb

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 24th 2006, 11:54am

Surrogates

We are a married couple who after one miscarraige have found after trying for another that we had to stop. As Emma has found that she cannot get pregnant without her chances of survival are 50/50 during pregnancy and about 75%(mortality)a week or two after giving birth!!
So as you can see we are able to conceive but cannot.
We have discussed at length all options, and only one we have come to agreement on is a surrogacy.
Our questions to the group are,
Has anyone tried surrogacy? (we plan on traditional surrogacy)
We have looked at the CoTs site, and find this too expensive. :(
Does anyone know of a cheaper option?

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Thursday, May 25th 2006, 5:29pm

I have to say we have talked about Egg Donation this week. I always thought my DH would be dead against it but he said he was okay about it. I always thought I'd consider anything if given the chance to be a parent and had thought that surrogacy is such a wonderful thing to do. We are going to see the consultant on 15th June and we are going to ask her if she thinks I would be okay to be a Egg Donor.

One option that I've heard of is Egg Sharing but I don't know what that involves exactly. Are there any other surrogacy agencies?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

greerbandb

Unregistered

Friday, May 26th 2006, 8:47am

surrogates

hello Lorraine,
I have never heard of egg sharing.
Emmas eggs are okay and my sperm is okay, so in theory if emmas body could withstand the rigors of carrying a child or giving birth we could be parents, but apparently her heart would give in!

Thats where we dont actually have a fertility problem (as such). We even went to the ideas of if a female would be a surrogate for us we donate the eggs and sperm for her, if she couldnt concieve so she could later have a child of her own!(the things you think of!!) 8o

I dont know of any other agencies, seems like COTS have the market in Britain.

Alan

• United Kingdom

Friday, May 26th 2006, 5:13pm

There is a thread under Gen Fert Discussions called Egg Donation and Sharing. Perhaps put a question there. I have to say all I know about it is the words. Also sometimes you see adverts in personal ads asking kind hearted people to contact a Fertility Clinic re surrogacy. The ad I saw was in a local paper but woman's mags have them as well. Try have a look in the personal ads section of Emma's mags.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Friday, May 26th 2006, 5:52pm

AWWWW

my heart goes out to you both! I know nothing on the subject, so wont pretend that I do, but wish you both all the best in your journey! :))

I have considered being a surrogate mum myself, but as it stands at present I would not be able to stand the emotional side of it! otherwise I would have offered my services to a very special couple that I know, who have touched my heart! :))

Please keep in touch and tell us know how things go

Jessica x x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pirhanachomp" (May 26th 2006, 5:53pm)

• United Kingdom

Friday, May 26th 2006, 6:03pm

At the moment we have to wait to see what doctor says and she doesn't even know about his current poor liver function and subsequent mild glandular fever attack yet. I have writing questions in my mind and we will ask but I always say "never say never". I kept the ad and if the cons is okay, I will ring up the clinic for a basic chat.

If I find anything Alan and Emma, I'll e-mail you it.

xxx Lorraine xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SingingNun" (May 28th 2006, 6:38am)

Ethel

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Friday, May 26th 2006, 7:05pm

HI Greenbandb and welcome to FZ. I am sure you will find everyone a great support to you.

I am sorry to hear of the bad you and your wife have been having lately.

I dont know anyone personal at the moment that is doing suggoracy on the board and note that you have tried COTS but no help. I dont know if this site wld be of any help www.surrogacyuk.org

I wish you luck on your journey

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE