You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kimarie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 2:24pm

Water?

I was just wondering whether not drinking enough water during the day can affect the sperm?

My OH goes to work with a flask of tea and seems to come back with it at leasr 3/4s full and hasn't had anything else to drink all day so obviously as this is unhealthy I was thinking it may affect sperm as it doesnt have enough water to be made from? ?(
Natural :BFP: with sperm antibodies

Reg: Jul 22nd 2008

Children: One beautiful daughter after 2nd ICSI attempt :) She was born October 2009

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 2:29pm

Blimey, I have no idea if it would effect sperm, but it can't be doing him any good drinking such a small amount of fluid all day (and tea can dehydrate you, so it's not the best thing to drink if that's all he's going to drink)
Does he drink water or juice at home once he's home? Have his test results been bad? Have you mentioned it to him or your Dr?

I hope someone can answer the sperm side of it for you, I realise I might not have been much help, but I didn't want to read and run.

xxx
me 42, DH 35
ICSI 1 2009 :(
ICSI 2 2009 :BFP:
ICSI 3 2011 :(
ICSI 4 2012 ??? hopefully!

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 2:34pm

When I realised last night how little he always seems to drink so little I made him drink 3 pints but during the day he must drink next to nothing X(

Yes his test results have been bad, low count with very low motility and morphology. Have a fertility consultation on monday so will mention it then.

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 4:14pm

Your DH needs to drink lots more water because it is known to help sperm. I got my DH drinking at least 5 20oz bottle waters each day long with taking all types of vitamins to help the little swimmers. So far we have seen some improvement. His morphology was very bad at 1st SA but the 2nd was great for the morphology. I believe it has to do with drinking more water, taking all types of vitamins and etc..

You say your DH has ...bad test results low count with very low motility and morphology. Maybe you can get him to start taking Maca, Zinc ,Vitamin E 400 Vitamin C-1000 with Rose Hips ,Co-Enzyme Q-10 30 Mg and Multivitamin for men. I have started my DH on it an his 2nd SA looks a lot better than the first. If your DH drinks lots of caffine that not good ither.

Good Luck and hope this might help you some. These vitamins is suppose to be a great help to the little guys. :smile:
Back trying again with IUI

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 5:17pm

He is taking maca, zinc, vit a, c and e, selenium and has been since we got his results in January, he's also cut out alcohol and coffee so I am hoping that will have made a difference.

He will be having his 2nd SA on Monday, if he starts drinking more water now will it have made a difference in time for then?

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE