You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Mariei" started this thread

Reg: Feb 23rd 2009

Children: God gave me a wonderful gift ~ will be a mom soon!

Monday, March 16th 2009, 6:26pm

Exercise & IUI

I have been so confused about exercising while on :2ww . I have been reading in other thread that one should soften exercise when undergoing IVF treatment. On my case, I had undergone my 2nd IUI yesterday and currently on my fragile 2ww. My doctor told me that walking is fine and i can definitely go back to the gym, but some of my officemates told me to take it easy, meaning no more gym at the moment.

I am regular gym girl, i usually do some brisk walking, biking and abdominal crunches - before my procedure i have been spending 1 hour everyday exercising. Now, I am really confused if i need to let go of the exercise after IUI/. [zx037]

Thanks in advance!!

Me 32 DH 37
2nd Failed IUI's Feb & March 2009

1st IVF - May 09:BFP:
21.06.09 one amazing [zx076]
19.08.09 we're having a baby :boy:

Mariei's Diary!

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 10:10pm

Hey there

I think some of the ladies may have given you advice on the IUI chitter Chatter thread. Gentle excersise should be fine especially as you are a regular gym bunny. I used to cycle a lot but stopped on my 2ww just because I didn't want to have anything to blame a BFN on, However my clinic said it would be fine.

Hope that helps!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

donpie

Reg: Sep 4th 2009

Children: l&d hospital

Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 12:15pm

exercise and iui

hi
i was told not too exercise until next period after my iui and no bath either.i have this from the hospital written down after our first go.

Reg: May 13th 2007

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 8:37pm

Isnt it strange that different clinics say different things!

You would think they would all sing from the same hymm sheet.
I'm a 6 days a week gym bunny, I do circuits, combat and Spinning classes aswell as gym work.
Admittingly, since being on my 2ww I've calmed down on a few things but not everything. I dont know if this is good thing or bad thing.
I asked the nurse- she said carry on as normal, its when you get your BFP to calm down.

Each to their own I guess :o)

Me 31
DH 40

May 09 1st IUI- :BFN:
July 09 2nd IUI- :BFN:
Aug 09 3rd IUI- :BFN:
Mar 10 1st IVF: AF before test- Failed
May 10 1st FET: :2ww

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 11:35am

I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable with. On my 2wws I've taken things very easy, cutting out all exercise except walking. But others have carried on as normal. Personally I would recommend taking things easy - it can't hurt but it might help!

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE