You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TRACEY+VICKY

Unregistered

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 8:52pm

SPERM DONOR

HI EVERYBODY JUST JOINED TODAY MYSELF AND MY PARTNER VICKY ARE WANTING TO START A FAMILY WE HAD A KNOWN DONOR IN FEBRUARY 2005 VICKY FELL PREGNANT AT THE 1ST ATTEMPT BUT UNFORTUNATELY LOST IT AFTER JUST 6 WEEKS WE WERE DEVASTATED,THE DONOR WE HAD STARTED TO MESS US ABOUT SO WE DECIDED NOT TO USE HIM ANYMORE,AND WE HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANOTHER DONOR YET,WE DONT WANT TO USE A CLINIC,WE WANT TO GO DOWN THE SELF INSEMINATION ROUTE WE THINK ITS MUCH MORE PERSONAL AND MAKES US BOTH FEEL PART OF IT,HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS OR KNOW OF ANY SPERM DONORS THAT ARE WILLING TO DO THIS,THANKS BEST FINISH NOW YOU DONT NEED MY LIFE STORY

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, May 22nd 2006, 8:32am

Hi both

Sorry to hear of your M/C last year.

This isn't an easy topic really on a forum like our's. There are internet sites that will be able to offer the type of service you are talking about.

But, we would always try to advise going through a reputable fertility clinic, one that is regulated totally through the HFEA.

I know you wish to make insemination more personal, but clinics are trained in trying to make the whole process easy on you both and less "clinical". I have had 2 IUI (Inter-Uterine Inseminations) and have found the staff we've met really do try to help you relax and make the process much more comfortable than you think it would be

Good luck with what you chose to do

Lisa
x

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Friday, May 26th 2006, 6:06pm

I agree with Lisa. Think of personal safety esp re some infections. Clinics will provide that safety net. Also the staff are very friendly and understand what you are going through. I couldn't say enough great things about where I go and knowing them for over a year now means I feel so comfortable with them. After all, they know more about you than we do ourselves.

Wish you lots of luck with your chosen road.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SingingNun" (May 26th 2006, 6:08pm)

Reg: Dec 21st 2005

Monday, May 29th 2006, 3:42pm

hello tracy and vicki,

before i decided to go private for my treatment i had tried to find a donor on the web.
i posted an add on a site

i decided to go private after talking to a donor for about 6 months and arranging to meet in birmingham and him never showing up.
so that put me off.
hope things work out.

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
1st insem feb 08 :BFN:
6 x clomid

2nd donor insem may 08:BFN:
3rd donor insem June 08 :BFN:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "d.martin" (May 29th 2006, 3:45pm)

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 3:58pm

Hi girls, we do wish you the best of luck but unfortunately can't help in putting together donors and recipients it is against the principles of the site and other sites have been shut down for doing so. best of luck in your search but the safest way is definitely a clinic
veggie
x
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE