You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Erkani" started this thread

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: 1 DD - 2005

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 10:29pm

Array CGH - Anyone done it?

Hi,
just wondering if anyone has any personal or 2nd hand experience of this new treatment array cgh. It looks really promising and I am interested in getting in touch with them. Does anyone know if they have certain criteria, roughly how much it costs..etc etc.. I have been on their site but would like first hand experiences too if poss.
thanks in advance!

Jan 05:BFP:
2007 - 2010 - 7 x :BFN:
DD 5yrs Old - Time to [zx103]

Mavis

MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 11:06pm

Hi Kate,
I'm sorry, I don't know about array cgh, but didn't want to read and run.
Which clinic are offering it?
wtw
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Friday, March 13th 2009, 7:39am

RE: Array CGH - Anyone done it?

Hi kate

I don't have any first hand experience of Array CGH though I was seriously thinking of doing it for this cycle.

I'm at CARE Notts and have chatted with my consultant and the embryologist there.

The cost is £1900 and £175 per egg thereafter though this cost I'm told is only reduced for six months I think starting from 09. It will then be an additional £1000 I believe.

From what I understand they remove the polar body from all eggs retrieved but if you have a good number of eggs (I collected 22 last cycle) they would wait to see what embryos were there on day 3 and then test the corresponding polar bodies which were removed from the eggs that are now a good embryo. Obviously this reduces the cost for someone like me as on that cycle when i collected 22 eggs, I had 7 good embryos by day 3.

As far as criteria is concerned....I certainly felt like I wasn't being pushed for CGH even with three BFNs. I've been/am being treated with immune therapy and I think they're hopeful that this will cure my failure of getting pregnant.

I'm not sure who has been a good candidate for them so far but it's still early days. I think when I spoke 11 people had had CGH, some of whom didn't even get to embryo transfer because of abnormal eggs.

If you give them a call, there's a lot of information they could post to you. The embryologist team are more than happy to call you back too and it's handy to have questions ready.

You and your DH would need karyotype tests doing beforehand but I believe that's all that is needed tests wise before.

Hope this helps a little!

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Friday, March 13th 2009, 12:31pm

hi duffymoon,
that is great information, thank you. Can I just check with you the costs again, the £1,900 is that just for the array cgh? Is that in addition to the costs of the IVF?
From what I understood, you have to pay IVF + ICSI + Array cgh? Are you able to give me some idea what the cost in total is (approx). Sadly cost does come into our decision. Having paid for 5 fresh cycles, private, for IVF already we have spent more than an arm and a leg! I will give them a call in a few days or so, once I have got some questions together. My other consideration is that I live in Italy, so to come over, obviously i would need to pay for accomodation...and then i have my dd to consider! All in all, it is not going to be easy for me to do, but if it is going to be financially viable, it may well be worth me considering.
many thanks again for your help

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Friday, March 13th 2009, 5:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by kateandnico
hi duffymoon,
that is great information, thank you. Can I just check with you the costs again, the £1,900 is that just for the array cgh? Is that in addition to the costs of the IVF?
From what I understood, you have to pay IVF + ICSI + Array cgh? Are you able to give me some idea what the cost in total is (approx).

Hi Kate

The fees schedule is on their website...here's the link CARE COSTS (**site not endorsed by FZ**).

Initial consult £150 - £300?
IVF £2600
ICSI £900
CGH £1950 (max 8 eggs plus £175 for each egg thereafter)
HFEA fee £105
Blastocysts £330 (they would ideally like to go for blasts)
Drugs.......£ ????

So somewhere around the £6k *not including* drugs.

You sound like you've got a bit of thinking to do and sorting out logistics! it may be that for the actual cycle, you could have scans in Italy and just come over for egg collection but I'm only guessing.

Hope this helps.

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Friday, March 13th 2009, 6:55pm

Hi Duffeymoon,
you have been really helpful - thank you. I think I will give them a call before i go and see my cons. What would be ideal for me would be if I could stay under my cons care up until egg collection stage,then as you say come over to nottingham for that. Who knows if they would be up for that? I can only call and ask. Then I just have to persuade my cons to go for it. I will let you know how I get on with it all.
I really do appreciate your help... you have been a proper duffeymoon starsmile

thank you so much

I see you have started your dr, how is that going for you? I wish you lots and lots of luck and sincerely hope you get your BFP this time round. I will be watching to see how you get on. Do you have a diary where I can pop into see you?

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 8:58pm

Hi, I haven't had the treatment but did call them up as I'm thinking about having this treatment if my FET fails - I'm 40 so chromosomal problems are a significant potential problem. And I've had two early miscarriages, the last with my first fresh ivf cycle.

They suggested that I could have all the routine treatment at my local care centre in Sheffield and then go to Nottingham just for the ec/et, although, officially, I would still be "their" patient. I don't know how amenable they are to doing this kind of thing with non-affiliated clinics. They were very approachable and I was put staright through to an embryologist to speak to so I'd give them a call as at least that bit's free! :snigger:

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 9:05pm

That sounds very promising. Thanks for that info. I have it in my diary to call them tomorrow. One way or another I have to get this to work! I will post here when I have some news!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE