You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

charlie

• "charlie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 7th 2006

Monday, March 9th 2009, 8:49am

Thinking about adopting

Morning,

We are thinking of adopting, but i am unsure of what will happen. can anyone give me a run down on what happens.
Emma

starsmile

• "gayle1803" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Monday, March 9th 2009, 12:41pm

RE: Thinking about adopting

Hi Emma,

Firsty its a remarkable thing you are are thinking of doing, I really hope it works out for you.

There are two ways of starting the process, you can contact your local council they will have a sepcific "Adoption" department. You will then get a visit from one of their social workers at home who will explain a little more and have a nice chat with you, it is all very informal and they are all so very nice, You will then be invited to attend a "Prepartaion course" ours was over four days two days one week two days the next, this goes into more detail about what Adoption involves, you get to meet other prospective adoptive parents and also actual adoptive parents who share their journeys with you. You get to find out many possible scenarios that come with adoption, for you to then go away and talk it through, and decide if Adoption is the journey you want to go on.

You can also contact local adoption agencies, as we went through our local council I am a littel unsure how these work,if its the same way or not but Im sure one of the other lovely ladies here will be able to help you on this.

I wish you every success and look forward to follwoing your journey whatever way it takes yopu
xxxxx

Rufus

Star

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Monday, March 9th 2009, 9:39pm

I think Gayle has pretty much filled you in - but if I can be of any further help, give me a shout! Love Lesa x
Keep smiling :happy:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE