You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 33 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "bunnyfluff" started this thread

Reg: Mar 7th 2009

Children: Glasgow

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 4:11am

He has no sperm at all

:sadface: My partner has had several tests to check his sperm count and in each test no sperm was found at all, this wasnt a shock to us really as he lost one of his testicles when he was 14, he always said that he didnt think he would be able to father a child. He has said that he would be happy for us to use donor sperm but i have so many worries in my head, and when i try and talk to him about them he just doesnt seem to want to know. I want us to have a baby, but i want HIS baby, im also so scared that it will always be in the back of his mind that the child isnt really his, and what if he brings it up in an arguement? im just so worried, i would so much want his baby. :bawl:

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 8:19am

Hi we had donor sperm on back up as DH had very poor quality sperm, when we started out we were dead against Using donor but when it started looking like our only option we came round to the idea as what we wanted more than anything in the world was a baby, and yes it would of been with another mans sperm but it would be our child me and DH would be the ones bringing it up and they would be ours.
It is really hard for anyone to talk about especially men, but if he has said he his happy to use a donor than I don't imagine he will bring it up in the future
If he's known for some time he was very unlikely to beable to produce the sperm, he has probably thought about a donor option for a Very long time.
Sorry I have waffled on but I hope this all makes some sense!
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 8:23am

Hi Bunny Fluff,

I'm in the same position as you. When a man has no sperm the term for it is called Azoospermia. The following thread will give you more information about it.

Azoospermia

My DH cannot produce sperm due to a brain tumour he had when he was younger.
We both found out in Aug 07 that DH was probably infertile. He had never been told this before to it was a shock to both of us. When I found out I felt the same as you - I only want HIS baby. X(

When we first found out, Dh didn't really say much and was quite casual about it all. I kept thinking things like - he's not really that bothered about having a child with me etc. :bawl:
After lots of talking and probing I managed to get him to talk and he said that he felt lik he wasn't a real man as he cannot give me the one thing that he should be able to. He also said that he was worried I was going to leave him as he may not be able to give me our own child. Also that actually he was really worried and concerned that because of his azoospermia I may have to go through tess etc.

This was a massive breakthrough as I could understand what he was really thinking. I reassured him that I loved him and that nothing was going to change that (We were only engaged at this point). I said that nothing was going to stop me from marrying him.

We finally got married in May 2008 and when we came back form our honeymoon we got SA done just for it to be official that DH has azoospermia.

We have just had it agreed that our PCT will fund some hormone injections. The reason DH cannot produce sperm is because his tumour was on his pituitary gland and has affected his production of some hormones. So the injections are 2 hormones which should allow DH to start producing sperm again :D If this works then we can ttc naturally. If it doesn't work then we'll have to look at IVF. If it does work then we'll freeze as many as poss so that he doesn't have to go through injections again.

I am not experienced in many of the treatments, I really only know about the one we're having. I hope that yu manage to find lots of support on this site hun. I'll let a couple of the other board mentors , Hollybolly and Paul Entwistle, know who are more experienced in different areas.

Good luck hun. Feel free to PM any time if you have any more questions. :goodluck:

:xxx3:

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 8:25am

Forgot to add that we had already decided that sperm donor wasn't an option for us for the same reasons you've outlined. This is just my perasonal choice and I know many women have used donors and it's been fine.

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Reg: Oct 30th 2008

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 11:14am

hiya bunnyfluff my df also has azoospermia we found out last july,we dont know why yet we are waiting for his ultrasound results and then hopefully he will have a biopsy.Has your husband had blood tests yet?I think this is normally the next step.We have also talked about using a donor and i totally understand how you feel but please dont set your mind on anything yet because there are lots of twists and turns.Please feel free to pm me,i wish you lots of luck xxx
Dh-Azoospermia...waiting to start our DIUI journey

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 33 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE