You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wishing

• "wishing" started this thread

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 10:08pm

sa result....opinions needed

Just wondered could anybody advise me if we have any chance of a natural BFP with these SA results....
we did have a BFP last jan but ended in a silent MC and D &C.
its been 10 months now of ttc and no joy :sadface:
The results were:
Volume 4.2ml
count 23.6 per ml
Motility 45%
Progression 2-3
Morphology 94% abnormal by strict criteria

That was 2 months ago so we are scheduled for another at end of ths month. DH has been taking fertility plus vits and pcygenol too. most concern is the morphology.
thanx so much, from a heartbroken ttcer xx
wishing:)

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Friday, February 27th 2009, 9:12am

RE: sa result....opinions needed

Hi and good morning,

I think you have a chance of success. He has a normal sperm count and reasonable motility. The morphology is a little reduce, but the important plus for you is that you know he has had fertile sperm.

It is sad that your pregnancy miscarried last year, and even though misccariages are so very common, it doesn't take away any of your pain. But that first baby has given you a very special gift, in that she or he has proved that you are a fertile couple.

ou need to make sure that you are ovulating regularly and well, with a good progesterone, over 30 nmol/L. If this is not the case you need to be tested and tested if appropriate.

To keep his sperm at their best you need to make love regularly throughout the cycle, every 2-3 days. This also helps to encourage ovulation and implantation, and ensures that there are always sperm around in your cervical mucus when ever you ovulate, and that you don't miss ovulation.

So don't give up hope yet, but keep cheerful and keep making love. One in four of all pregnancies naturally takes more than 12 months. You may find that the next semen results are better, but sperm output can vary in all men, so that it might be much the same, or even not as good. But this variation is normal, and he is fertile.

Good luck.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

wishing

• "wishing" started this thread

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 12:38pm

thanks so much for ur hopeful reply paul, your positivity gives me hope.
We went to our doc yesterday for referral for second SA and she gave us referral to a fertility clinic...she was talking about ICSI and i was so utterly shocked. we didnt realise the results were that bad. I am goin for bloods etc in 3 weeks on day 21.
my poor dh nearly died. i asked her about IuIs as the post wash on the SA said motility was 96% but she doubted we would be candidates due to morphology. i jjust feel totally overwhelmed and we arent even sure if ICSI is a road we want to take..i am a true believer in natural solutions in so much as possible.
we had only been tryin 3 months last time so i cant understand why we would need treatment.
I had the positive outlook u did before speaking to her but maybe the fertility consultant will be better. my doc didnt seem to know much about morphology but said that 6% was way below normal.....poor DH :sadface:
wishing:)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishing" (Feb 28th 2009, 12:40pm)

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 12:51pm

Quoted

. my doc didnt seem to know much about morphology but said that 6% was way below normal:

Most GP's will still be thinking in terms of WHO morphology classification, where 30% or more of sperm would have to be seen as normal. Most units now talk in terms of Kruger Strict Criteria, where anything over 8-10% would be normal.

So don't despair. Make sure that the referral has gone off - 10% of referrals never get sent, or are never received, or are lost in the fertility unit's system - so keep ringing and checking.

And good luck with ttc.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE