You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Claire&Stu" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 7:51pm

Canterbury Hospital

Hi There,

I have just had a laparoscopy which showed that I had one blocked tube & 1 part blocked tube, my partner has a low percentage of normal form sperm so the hospital have advised that assisted fertility treatment would be our best option, as we have been trying for more than 3 years to conceive naturally.

We have an appointment back at the canterbury hospital in March to discuss our options, but I believe we will be going for IVF or ICIS.

I am wondering how long the waiting list is likely to be, if anyone has any ideas or can tell me how long they had to wait that would be great!
I hoping we can get on with things a.s.a.p.!!

I anyone can share any experiences or whats in store for me that would be great! I'm a little nervous but am glad things are starting to move forward.

Thanks

Claire
Claire

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 3:06pm

Hi Claire,

We're in a similar situation to you - been TTC for over 3 years and recently been referred to Chaucer. We have just had our first appontment with Mr Evans. Who are you going to see and when's your appointment? We think we may need IUI or IVF but that will depend on results of SA and pelvic ultrasound we are having in next couple of weeks.

Timelines might depend on whether you are NHS or private but as we are just starting can't really help there (sorry). It's so nice to have others to chat to, especially as we have not told anyone about all this.

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 4:40pm

Hi Nikki,

Our first appointment was in January and was suppose to be with Mr Evans but we were told he had left and ended up seeing a Mr Panda!
He was not very good and did not speak much english so fingers crossed you will not get him.

He referred me to have ultra scan and Dye tests and blood tests etc which I have now had all done, my next appointment is this Monday 30th March, so I am hoping fingers crossed I will be put on the IVF waiting list and wont have much longer to go!!!

I hope your meeting goes well, let me know how you get on and I will let you know what happens at my one too.

It will be nice to share our stories and have each other to speak to.

Take Care

Claire xx
Claire

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 4:59pm

Hi Claire,

So you are at K&C in Canterbury? I had the initial set of fertility tests at K&C - it was under Mr Evans' clinic but we saw a Dr Helmy. We are now with Mr Evans but at BMI Chaucer having private treatment (there is a separate post for this) and yes he has left the K&C now. Yes it would be good to share stories, it's really nice having others to talk to - this all seems to be taking over my life and am having trouble concentrating on much else!

Well good luck for Monday :smile:, not sure how long the waiting list for IVF is (hopefully not too long)?

Nikki x

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 5:37pm

Hi Nikki

Yes we at K&C hospital, I thought Chaucer was part of the same hosptial! opps!!

Do you think K&C will refer me to Chaucer for IVF or it would be done at the K&C? we are going through the NHS so probably things are a bit slower than if we were private.

Hope that your tests go well, have you got to have a Laparoscopy?
Claire

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 5:51pm

Hi Claire,

The IVF would not be done at K&C - probably Chaucer (or possibly another hospital in Kent depending on how busy they are). I assume you'd be NHS?

I had a HSG last year which showed my tubes are clear and no-one has mentioned a laparoscopy yet.

My DH's SA is next week and I have a pelvic ultrasound the week after and we go back to see Mr Evans third week in April.

Good luck for Monday,

Nikki x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NikkiH" (Mar 28th 2009, 5:52pm)

Friday, April 17th 2009, 7:09pm

Hi Claire,

Any news? We have had our remaining tests done and all look OK :smile: We are going back to see Mr Evans next week to decide on which treatment to go for.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Nikki x

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 10:53pm

Hey Nikki,

How are you? How are thinks going?

They are not going to well for us, my results showed I had a damaged tube and the other was part blocked, my partner also has low percentage of normal form sperm so we were informed that we would probably not conceive naturally and advised to go for IVF, however at this point they told us we could not get it funded on the NHS as my partner already has children from a previous relationship.

We are very upset and angry as we do not understand why I should be denied the right to have children, just because my partner has had them.

Our doctor is trying to fight our case, but it's not looking very positive and is all taking a long time.

We our considering egg sharing as we found out that you get IVF for free if you are prepared to share some of your eggs with somebody who is unble to produce there own, however its a lot to think about!

I hope all is going well for you, it would be nice to hear how you are getting on.
We would like to find out how much it costs to go private at the Chaucer, so if you could share any information on this it would be much appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Claire x
Claire

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 9:48am

Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear about about your test results. My DH has a son from a previous relationship so we are having private IVF - agree it's totally unfair, especially as when we first started looking at clinics and costs it was announced that there would be additional free goes on the NHS. The treatment is expensive but not as bad as some stories I heard. Anyway I'll drop you a PM about costs for IVF.

We are starting at the end of this month and are quite excited. The staff at the Chaucer are really nice and so is the clinic.

Hope things work out - you could go and visit Chaucer and they will show you around, give you some information and a price list. Alternatively phone and ask for an information pack.

Anyway let me know how you get on.

Take care,
Nikki x

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 15th 2009

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 12:06pm

Hi guys... I have my first appoinment at K&C.. I live in Folkestone and have been to K&C before but not for this.

Is it a nice department. My partner and I have been trying to concieve naturally for nearly 5 years now.. Still now joy.

My GP believes I have PCOS as I have cysts plus other symptoms.. My partner has had SA. Which all come back slight above normal. They are re checking though as the mobility was slightly down..

My appoinment is on the 30th Nov.. Fingers crossed.. The road begins...

Reg: Nov 7th 2009

Children: a gorgeous boy

Thursday, November 19th 2009, 9:25pm

Hi guys,

just been reading through your posts and hope you don't mind me dropping in. I have just had treatment at the chaucer and just had 2 eggs put back today. One to ball gets moving jeez does it move!!! We too had to pay because I have a child from a previous relationship but my DH has a low sperm count so unfortunatly we could not conceive naturally. If any of you are lucky enough to have Mr Rafla, oh my gosh he is amazing. I have had a great experience there and I have to say all the staff I had dealings with were truly lovely people. Its all very fresh in my mind so if you have any questions at all Im more than happy to help if I can. Im in my 2ww now!!!! So exciting. Good luck to you all. xoxo :hugs:
Bex

Saturday, November 21st 2009, 10:02am

Hi Bex

Great to hear from you, this site is really good for getting in touch with people in the same situation and area.

I am so excited for you and have my fingers crossed for you, please keep us updated on your progress.

I think I will have to pay too as my fight with the PCT to try and secure funding is not going too well, I am so angry that they can get away with treating people like this, just feels like I am banging my head against a brick wall with them.

I have completed all the tests so I am hoping that if I contact the Chaucer I wont have to wait too long to get started on my IVF journey! How long did you have to wait once you had completed all your tests. I am hoping to get started in the early part of next year.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Claire xx
Claire

Reg: Nov 7th 2009

Children: a gorgeous boy

Saturday, November 21st 2009, 8:43pm

Hi Claire,

Thank you hun. Yeah this site is great for keeping you sane. Ok I think I had my chat and plan before I even finished doing the tests then literally when they got the results they started me on my next period!! It was so quick you wouldn't believe it, one minute I was complaining about having to inject then it was all over. then I was shitting myself about EC, then that was all over and I didn't feel a thing and the staff at the Chaucer were so amazing I wasted my energy worrying!! lol.

I think our treatment has cost us somewhere in the region of £4800. I needed a very high dose of the stimms which cost alot of money. It is very unfair that if we lived elsewhere the government would fund it. But I will say I mentally let go of that and thought this is how it is, you have so much on your plate its not worth the worry. Its the weirdest and at the same time probably one of the most amazing things I've ever had to do. The nurses are so passionate and Mr rafla is just so lovely.

Keep in touch and good luck xoxox
Bex

Wednesday, February 24th 2010, 6:53pm

Chaucer

Hi Bex

How are you? How is everything going for you?

I have my 1st consultation with Dr Rafla on the 9th March, so I am getting excited now! We have completed most of the test so we are hoping that I will start treatment quite quickly like you did! Did you have to wait long to get your chat and plan appointment? My next period after our consultation will be around the 10th April, I am hoping they will start me off then, what do you think my chances of that are??

It would be great to hear how your getting on, it is good to chat to people who are having treatment at the same place.

Hope to hear from you soon

Claire x
Claire

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 12:21am

Hi sweeties...

Thought I'd check in see how everyone is..

It's not long till I'm back to see FS. 8th March argh!!!!

Then I will know blood results and be booked for my lap.. Finger and
everything else crossed he he...

How's everybody else? X

vickstar

Reg: Jul 8th 2009

Children: Just a case of when not if!! my Black lab Mitchie,Am now expecting beautiful Twins due to arrive sometime in Aug10 cant waitxxx

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 8:31pm

Hi everyone, hope you dont mind me joining in, i am one of the Chaucers success stories, my husband and i were refered to the Chaucer from K&C in feb 09, we had our Chat and plan in the July and they started my treatment on my next Cycle in the end of July, all went very quick really Clare im pretty sure if they can fit you in next cycle they will, the nurses are ever so nice they understand how we just want to get started.Unfortunatly that cycle was a BFN, but they soon got us going on our 2nd go as quick as they could, and im pleased to say i am 15 weeks pregnant with twins! Had 2 grade 2-3 embies put back and they both took, so i just want to let you know that it is an emotional rollercoaster but it is sooo worth it in the endxxxx Want to wish you both good luck, and if you have any questions i would be more than happy to answer them xxxx
Vickstar starsmile

Thursday, March 4th 2010, 9:00am

Hi Vicky

Thats great news!! how exciting ;-) I am really hoping that I can start treatment in March, my 30th Birthday is in June so you never know I could be pregnant by then!!

You must be due a second scan soon then? keep in touch and let me know how your getting on.

Claire xxx
Claire

Thursday, March 4th 2010, 9:02am

That was meant to say start treatment in April, I think March would be a little too hopeful!!
Claire

United Kingdom

Friday, March 5th 2010, 11:47pm

It is lovely to hear a success story. Congratulations..

Twins.. That's so cool..

Do you know their sex?

I'm at K&C myself just starting out on my journey x x

Hope evryone else ok. Clair you live in same town as me!!!

Baby Dust xxx

United Kingdom

Friday, March 5th 2010, 11:50pm

Sorry spelling... Claire

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 4:24pm

Hi Kerrie

Oh yeah we live in the same town!! I think this site is so brilliant for meeting people in the same area that are going through the same thing, its nice to know we can all support each other. I sometimes feel I cant talk about it much to my family and friends as they would get fed up of hearing me go on and on all the time!

So do you have any idea what could be causing your infertility yet? did your partners sperm results come back ok?

We have had a total nightmare, we completed all the testing back in Feb 09 and the lap & dye test showed that it was my blocked fallopian tubes which were causing the problem. We were then told that because my partner has children from a previous relationship that we were not entitled to funding. This was a total shock to us and we could not believe they could refuse me the chance of becoming a mum based on my partners history! I believe my damaged tubes are from when I had my appendix out 13 years ago. We have been fighting with the PCT for over a year now regarding funding, but with no joy. ;-(

We have decided are only chance is to go private, we will get the money together some how, our first consultation is at the Chaucer on Tuesday 9th March, I think this will be to discuss all our results and to decide what treatment to go for, I think it will be ICSI as Stuart has a low percentage of normal form sperm, so our best chance will be with this treatment. I am really hoping that we can start treatment in April as it feels like we have been waiting for ever.

I hope tomorrow goes ok for you, I didn't think much of the K&C hospital, but maybe you will see different people to me, at least you will find out your results and get your lap and dye booked in and they will probably suggest a scan too so they can check your ovaries and follicles. They dont book the dates there and then though you have to wait for them to be posted out to you, which is a little annoying I thought. I think I waited around 8 weeks to have my lap & dye and shorter for the scan. At least your on your way to finding out what the cause of the problem is and hopefully you wont have to wait too long until you start your IVF journey! or maybe they will be able to put right any problems so that you can get pregnant naturally.

If you do end up having IVF treatment you will probably be referred to the Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury which is suppose to be a really nice clinic, so I am looking forward to my appointment there on Tuesday.

Anyway I better go, You take Care and let me know how you get on Monday and I will let you know how I get on Tuesday!

Claire xx
Claire

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 11:11pm

Hi Claire, well all I know so far is that I def have PCOS. Also left f-tube is blocked and right tube partial blockage (fluid).
They sent me a letter last week said they think that I don't ovulate either.
It finished with saying IVF is the course of action as Clomid has a too high risk of eptopic.

My DP's test were good. No prob there that we know of!!

My appointment is tomorrow and I just feel like I could cry with nerves. I have no control iver what happensM I just
My fate is in their hands.

Prey for me. :)

Best of luck to you on Tuesday sweety x x x

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 11:15pm

Sorry about. (M I just) bit type on my phone can be a nightmare...

He He x x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE