You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SBruno

• "SBruno" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2009

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 4:57pm

Is HCG trigger shot dangerous?

I'd like your opinion on this, I just came back from day 10 scan and my ovaries are ready to go with many follicles and 2 dominant ones about ready to pop and this is with no stims this month! Everybody knows that stims can have a multitude of side effects including cysts etc.

But is this also true for the trigger shot? Why do I need to take the trigger shot if my eggs seem to develop normally? Is it possible that eggs develop and never get released? Is the HCG trigger shot as 'dangerous' as follicle stimulating hormones?

Thanks!
1st IUI Jan 30 - BFN
TTC au natural + ovitrell Feb - BFN
2nd IUI March 24 - BFN
1st ICSI April 23, EC = 3, ET=2 BFN
2nd ICSI Dec, EC=4, ET=1 BFN

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 5:01pm

The trigger shot is not dangerous. You have it to make sure that the egg pops out of the follicle and to time your ovulation so they can put the sperm in at the right time or you can have sex at the right time. It does not affect the number of follicles or their size.
Don't worry.
:xxx:

SBruno

• "SBruno" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2009

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 5:11pm

Hi Maria, and thanks for your quick reply. My 2 biggest follies are size 19 & 22 so I think I am ready for the trigger shot. I tried to search online but there is nothing about the dangers of a trigger shot...just the usual side effects. You made me feel better. :smile:
1st IUI Jan 30 - BFN
TTC au natural + ovitrell Feb - BFN
2nd IUI March 24 - BFN
1st ICSI April 23, EC = 3, ET=2 BFN
2nd ICSI Dec, EC=4, ET=1 BFN

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE