You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Louloulouisa" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: (6 angels in heaven) 2 girls a previous relationship, and now a baby boy thanks to treatment

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 10:05pm

Leukocyte Immunization Therapy

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone knows if Leukocyte Immunization Therapy is available in the UK? (I heard Dr Paul Armstrong does it?) and does anyone know how much it costs?

I am thinking that DH and I may have some kind of DNA thingy match, which is why i have these other immune issues?

I am in the process of finding out about having a LAD, DQ Alpha and HLA test. and someone said Leukocyte Immunization Therapy (LIT) may be an option for me?

Thanks

Lou x
Need reproductive immunology success stories please 2 help others :)

have u got immune issues?

Children: (6 angels in heaven) 2 girls a previous relationship, and now a baby boy thanks to treatment

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 10:41pm

Just read online that Dr Armstrong charges £750 per cycle? and you need 2 cycles? does anyone know if that is right?

Thanks

Lou x

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 8:57am

Hiya. I am seeing Mr A on Friday. I will let you know the details after that. This is initial consult and then I think he would want some blood tests done as well. Have you send the bloods for HLA DQ alpha as yet?

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 10:17am

Ahh thanks again Rightans blowkiss that is really kind of you.

No I haven't sent the bloods for HLA DQ alpha as yet, I did send an email to both the Millinova lab and the DR Beer Lab requesting forms, but at the end of the day I got an email back saying "Delivery Failure"? from the Millinova lab. So I will have to call later when they are open.

I think the costs of blood tests at Millinova are:

HLA-G Genotype $400 (£274.86) (I don't know if that is each, or in total?)
And A $400.00 deposit is required for each the female and male!

Lymphocyte Antibody Detection Assay (LAD) $300 (£206.35)

I hope your appointment goes well on friday
Lou x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Louloulouisa" (Feb 25th 2009, 10:19am)

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 10:23am

Hi Lou

We paid £750 for LIT with Paul...plus his consultation worked out just under £1000.

x
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 10:35am

Thanks Blondie :D

I wonder if it would hurt to just have LIT without all these blood tests? I know people will think I'm crazy, but I am running out of money fast. And now that my doctor is worried that I could have the onset of Thyroid Disease, I may be running out of time too?

I will have to wait and see what Dr Paul Armstrong say's?

Hope you are Ok

Lou x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE