You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "specialkjr" started this thread

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 8:07am

variable results

Hi there,

My DH has had two sa results back: one saying that he had 19% motility and the other 0%. We're going to do a third test to see what comes back but does anyone have any insight as to why there would be such a difference?

Also, is there a chance of us conceiving naturally if he's more towards the 19% than 0% on his next result?

The registrar (who was rubbish!) has said that IVF / ICSI will be the route for us but has also put me on Clomid for three months and has not put us on the waiting list so I'm confused! Does anyone have any experience of this?

thanks

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 2:24pm

RE: variable results

Hi,

Your story sounds familiar, and I think I replied to some of these questions in another thread, if you can track it down. If I am wrong let me know and I'll cover them again. Regarding your first point - there are many factors that can influence sperm output, some we know, but some we don't. But it is a fact that all men, both fertile and not so fertile have this variation. My sperm donors could vary from day to day, and some would sometimes. for long periods of time. rise or fall in some or all of their sperm parameters.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE