You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Moogle

• "Moogle" started this thread

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, February 9th 2009, 1:22pm

Low dose clomid

Hi, I've just been prescribed clomid to try and sort out my short luteal phase and have been given a wee box of 50mg tablets :D Thing is, I've been told to take just half a tablet on days 2-6 of my next cycle. I can appreciate that they don't want to risk overstimulation, as I do seem to ovulate most months, but am a bit worried that 25mg is too low to make any difference. Has anyone else taken such a low dose before? Or even better, anyone had any success on just 25mg?

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, February 9th 2009, 2:30pm

Hi Moogle

I've been racking my brains to try and think of someone else who was on a 25mg dose - I'm sure there was someone but I can't for the life of me remember who - sorry!

Are you being monitored by way of tracking scans and blood tests? That'll show how you're responding to it and if it's too low they can always up the dose for your next cycle.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, February 9th 2009, 3:53pm

Thanks Bubble, yeah I've to get a scan on day 9 in case I ovulate early and then progesterone blood test probably on day 18-19. I think that's the plan to up it if need be - but I was curious as I've never heard of anyone else starting lower than 50mg. The naughty thought crossed my mind just to take 50mg anyway, but I will behave and do as the doctors told me!

Must be any day now for you by the way eh? Thanks again and :goodluck:

Lxxx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, February 9th 2009, 3:55pm

Hiya

As Bubble says the best way to see if you are responding is tracking scans, and blood tests. It may be that they are starting you on a low dose, as you ovulate already, and want to see your response, and then they can adjust the dose, if needed.

I took clomid, initially because a blood test showed I wasn't ovulating at that point, but I had also had issues in cycles with short luteal phases/low progesterone that indicated ovulation, but was not of an adequate level (and this happened on the initial doses of x 2 50mg, and x 2 100mg courses of clomid I did).
I started on 50mg the 1st time round, and went up to an 150mg dose, and I conceived my son during that cycle.

I started clomid again last Nov, this time I was ovulating, but had the problem with the short luteal phases etc again. I started on 100mg, due the dose I took before, and we conceived that month.

So, hopefully, they will be monitoring you, to get the dose right for you, and I just wanted to let you know that clomid can work for short luteal phases!

xxx

<

Moogle

Monday, February 9th 2009, 9:42pm

Thanks Laura, that's really encouraging to hear that the clomid helped with your luteal phase. It's so nice to hear these success stories. Your little lad looks adorable by the way! :D

In a way I guess I should be glad their starting me on a low dose - they must think that should be enough just to give my hormones a wee push in the right direction. And I suppose the side effects should be less too. I'll find out soon enough!

Cheers again girls

Lxxx

FERTILITYZONE