You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "bunny2tot" started this thread

Reg: May 5th 2008

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 5:53pm

male infertility councellor in London area

Hi

I just wondered if anyone had been/or seen a male infertility councellor in the London area. I think my dh would benefit from seeing a councellor, and especially a bloke as opposed to a female councellor.

thanx

Bunnyx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "bunny2tot" (Feb 4th 2009, 5:55pm)

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 7:43pm

RE: male infertility councellor in London area

Quoted

a male infertility councellor in the London area.

There are a few of us about, but not many.

The fertility counselling association, BICA (British Infertility Counselling Association) of which I am a member, do have some male counsellors I think. You would need to go on to their website and look at their membership. There is a list giving names and contact details.

Otherwise you could think about telephone counselling if there is no-one near enough. An experienced general counsellor who is male might be a possible substitute, as the point of DH's counselling is for him to talk about his feelings rather than his sperm count. However I have always felt that a knowledge of the fertility field on the part of the counsellor gives the counselling process more credibility and relevance. Which was why I as a scientist became also a counsellor.

Let me know how you get on.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE