You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Pilgrim" is 46 years old today
  • "Pilgrim" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Friday, May 12th 2006, 11:06am

Anyone starting IUI/DI in June?

Hi is anyone other than me starting IUI/DI in June? Depending when af arrives, we will be starting around mid/end June. I see there is already a support thread for June IVF/ICSI but dont want to be on my own on this thread. Help!!
Me 35 DH 43

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pilgrim" (May 12th 2006, 11:38am)

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, May 12th 2006, 11:55am

Hiya Tracy

Unfortunately I couldn't get in with my Dr to start a new IUI this month :( No appointments

So, I am on a natural cycle at the moment. I'm hoping I'll be able to get an appointment in June to begin an IUI by the end of June - so we may well be cycle-buddies ;)

There are never as many IUI girls as IVF'ers, so just start any thread you like :)

Lisa
x

Friday, May 12th 2006, 11:58am

Thanks Tabitha - do you mean cycle without stims but artificial insemination or ttc naturally? Would be good to have a cycle buddy and if not I may see if ok to join the IVF one!! Thanks :)
Me 35 DH 43

Friday, May 12th 2006, 12:00pm

My IUI is a stumulated one. A little different to some

I downreg for 2 week from day 21 of a cycle - much the same as the IVF process. Then I stim with injectables for 11-14 days. Then have the insemination

Friday, May 12th 2006, 12:15pm

Ah right - I will be down regging at start of af in June, then stims then IUI. Iv been very lucky in the past as have always responded really quickly and productively to stims so only have to take them for about 5-7 days!! Good luck with appt and hope to have you as a cycle buddy. Thanks Tabitha :)
Me 35 DH 43

Reg: Feb 24th 2006

Friday, May 12th 2006, 2:45pm

hi tracy, wishing u lots of good luck with your iui, is this your last go? r u having DI? if so i thought your DH count was ok now?
me 35 DP 31 MFI
1 daughter 10 with Ex husband (2 years TTC)
second time with infertility issues
we are just....waiting for Adam
first ICSI ...4 eggs collected 16/10/06
3 Fertilised...Rod,Jane and Freddie
ET 19/10/06 2 Embies on board, 1x7 cell, 1x4 cell
no snow babies
BFN 30/10/06

Friday, May 12th 2006, 2:50pm

Hi Liz - no not DI. Having stimmed IUI next month with dh sperm. This will be our final IUISO so really really hope it works this time. If not we are going on holiday in Nov/Dec then IVF in new year. Hope all ok with you. :)
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, May 12th 2006, 4:29pm

good luck withit all tracy i'll be watching
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Friday, May 12th 2006, 4:33pm

Thanks Kara - hope I have half the strength/courage youre showing when I go through it again. Keep well!
Me 35 DH 43

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, May 12th 2006, 7:15pm

Hi, Tracy and good luck with your cycle. I'll certainly be checking in on you to see how you get on...
Hugz

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 10:53am

Thanks Rene - still got about a month til I start but nice to know ppl looking out for you. I dont think Im gonna tell my family this time so will probably rely on FZ for support. :)
Me 35 DH 43

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 6:26pm

Totally a personal choice, Hun, but I will say that they cycle that got me my BFP was the one that no-one knew I was having, so if you are superstitious, it's worth trying :D

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 9:43am

Not overly superstitious but fingers crossed that will work!! Congrats on BFP by the way! I just cant wait to get going again now - thanks Rene :)
Me 35 DH 43

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Monday, May 15th 2006, 4:12pm

I'LL BE YOUR CYCLE BUDDY HOPEFULLY

I might be a IUI-er but don't know when I'll be starting yet. Today's apt didn't go very well so have to wait to see what consultant says tomorrow but she did say at last review apt that if the next AIH/PIT wasn't very good (it was worse as there was NOWT) that she would want to do a laparascopy and depending on the results, IUI. I did have one surprising bit news today that IUI isn't as expensive as I thought. About £250-£300 so hopefully it may be something we can try as I thought IUI was in the thousands like IVF.

I'll post what happened under General Fert Discussions. And things were looking so optimistic this morning. That'll teach me.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

kar1

Monday, May 15th 2006, 4:14pm

lorraine

thats good news at last you are getting somewhere and the price sound very good cost about 600here

hope tomorrow goes well for you
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Monday, May 15th 2006, 4:17pm

Lorraine hopefully we will be cycle buddys and I think maybe Tabitha too! Im gonna have a read of your post now see what happened. My natural IUI cost about £300 each and IUISO about £600 depending on drugs required. I am on NHS now though so thats even better! Much, much cheaper than IVF
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, May 15th 2006, 4:45pm

Hi Lorriane

The cost of IUI varies greatly depending on what protocol you have

Some just do an insemination on a natural cycle, so you have to do OPKs (or saliva kits etc) to try to predict ovulation, then have the insem.
That cost should only be in the £300+ range

Other methods include having tablet and/or injections from day 2 or 3 of a cycle to boost your follicle production, then predicting ovualtion and having insem. This may cost a couple hundred more as some injectables can be £20-£30 each.

The most complicated method is the method I follow. This is to control your cycle completely like IVF by downregging and then inject to boost your follicles from nothing. Then the trigger shot to force ovulation when the Drs want it and time insem accordingly.
My private IUI this way cost £1300

Lisa
x

• United Kingdom

Monday, May 15th 2006, 5:05pm

I'll wait to see what the cons recommends before we make any decisions. She said she would do the lap as any other fertility treatment involved over stimulating the ovaries so it could cost more but I think I'll wait to see what she says tomorrow morning. thanks lisa & tracy.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 16th 2006, 5:35pm

although the doc didn't say anything to me, just to wait for my review appt I am hoping that I will be your cycle buddy or just your buddy fullstop. i am feeling optimistic. not sure whether to fear the worse and it turn out ok (that is why has happened before: we've feared the worse and the results were ok) or hope for the best and then get bad news. Anyway I'm here for you to provide kind words even if I don't join you in June as a cycle buddy.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Tuesday, May 16th 2006, 6:40pm

Ah - sorry you gotta wait til then Lorraine. I was hoping you may have some news this week. Hopefully, figers crossed we will still be cycly buddies and if not its nice to know ppl looking out for you already. Take care :)
Me 35 DH 43

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 16th 2006, 7:15pm

I might get a cancellation apt but she said before she wanted to do the lap before doing more intensive IUI so maybe this year ...

xxx Lorraine xxx

Sunday, June 11th 2006, 8:44pm

Bringing up this topic again as due to start d/r in approx 9 days. Is anyone else definetly going to be starting/in middle of a cycle soon also. If so be good to have a/some cycle buddies?
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 8:57am

Hiya Tracy,

I shall be downregging soon

My day 21 will be Monday 26th June. So that should be my downregging day, so I'll be about a week behind you :)

Monday, June 12th 2006, 1:35pm

Cool - least there will be at least 2 of us! Bit of extra support eh? I cant wiat to get going now - getting impatient lol
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 1:51pm

I know :rolleyes: It's so tedious having to wait to start all the drugs again.

My clinic have changed their protocol slightly. I used to downreg for 14 days, then go onto the stims. Now, they keep you downregging for 18 days.
I presume because they've had people not fully d/r'd by the time they are stimming?

Monday, June 12th 2006, 1:55pm

My clinic seem to do things differently to most others?! I start sniffing synarel on day 2 (right up until ovitrelle injection) then start injecting puregon usually at day 4 until 2 days before ovitrelle given. Wonder why they do this as most people seem to do it for much longer? In total I usually sniff for about 10-12 days!
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:00pm

I'm really not sure why some clinics have different protocols. I just wish they'd chose what is the best procedure and stick with it nationwide.

On your treatment, does your cycle end up being the same length as a normal one.. ie: you downreg from day 2, then inject shortly after and end up having the Ovitrelle injection around day 14ish ?

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:02pm

Yep thats it! Lasts more or less same time. I wish there was a standard protocol but I suppose each clinic does what they believe in.
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:10pm

You lucky bunny!

I have to wait until day 21, then downreg for 18 days, then inject for 11+ days, then have the 1st scan !
My IUI this time is booked for August 2nd... 7 weeks away!

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:14pm

O my god!! I dont know how anyone could last that long it must be unbearable almost! You poor thing! I will probably have the IUI done around July 1st then 2ww but Il still make sure Im around to support you!
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:29pm

Ah, thanks!

It is a long drawn-out process. I think it's the same protocol as IVF.. the amount of time you downreg etc. So, if I get to that stage at least I'll be prepared for the length of time it can take ;)

I keep meaning to ask my nurse/Dr when I see then why does IUI have so many different ways of being done, when IVF has the long or short protocol and thats it.

whats the weather like down in Plymouth? Did you get the rain and thunder last night?

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:33pm

I had one IVF which was converted from IUISO as I responded too well to the stim and that only lasted the same as usual af, (well less as bled after 10 days :(). But not sure what they do for normal IVF cycle - I must ask!

We had rain but no thunder - yet!! Reckon its on its way as its so close, you know the type of day when you cant breathe!!
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:37pm

I wish I'd been given the option to convert to IVF last year. I overstimmed and had 9 follies after 11 days. Could have continued for a couple more to bump them up for IVF. But they never gave me the option

Sometimes I just wish the IUIs would hurry up so I could get onto IVF.

Will that be your next step ?

Monday, June 12th 2006, 2:42pm

I know what you mean but from my personal point of view we were very naive about treatment back then and looking back I wouldnt have done it as was not prepared for it mentally and it hit me so so bad when I had bfn. If I was offered conversion now it would be different as would know more what to expect.

We had our F/U appt 2 weeks ago and the Dr wanted us to go for IVF this time but weve got this cycle and 1 IVF NHS funded so decided to use it up rather than waste it. But if bfn will be IVF (after nice holiday of course!)
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 12th 2006, 8:26pm

a holiday sounds a good plan hun.

we're not going away this year. but may go away for a week in october (when our due date would have been). we have 2 dogs so its nice to go away with them somewhere with woods.
where would you go?

Monday, June 12th 2006, 8:35pm

That sounds lovely - I love woods well anywhere with not many distractions really. Sorry to read about your loss Tabitha it must still be painful for you.

Well my dh booked a holiday to Mexico (Playacar) end Nov/Dec in Jan but then our NHS slots came up so were having them and if bfn off we go and if bfp here we stay!
Me 35 DH 43

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 8:02am

Mexico! Wow, that's rather adventurous to me. My best friends have been and they loved it. Very friendly and great food.
It seems strange to say.. but I hope you don't get to go ;)

Things are getting much easier for us after the loss. The only worry we have is how we are going to feel in Oct. After speaking to so many ladies here who have suffered the same, that seems to be a very hard time. So we just want to have something there at that time to enjoy to distract us :)

How do you get on with your injections ? Do you have to inject in your tummy or leg ?

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 8:17am

I really hope we dont go too Tabitha. We are saving anyway and if its not used for the holiday it will be used on baby stuff so Id rather be going to mothercare then Mexico lol

I can only imagine how it must feel when it would come to what would have been your due date so think its wise to have some time away to reflect/take your mind off it or whatever comes naturally to you really.

I was useless with my injections at first and I am a registered nurse too!! lol I had a "gun" injector at first but it made so much noise when you released it it always made me jump but much better now I have an "insulin" type pen - no jumpy moments ha ha. I inject my legs as think they are less tender than tummy. How about you?
Me 35 DH 43

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 5:59pm

Brave girl for doing the leg, Tracy. I tried the leg once and it was too sore so stuck with tummy shots. Used standard needle and syringe. And yeah, despite being and RN, I struggled with doing my own shots too - had a mate doing them for a while until I realised that was just plain ridiculous... :D
Good luck with the cycle, Hun

Wednesday, June 14th 2006, 8:57am

Thanks Rene - enjoy your break! I know its ridiculous isnt it? At first I used to drive to work each evening and get one of the girls to inject me and then I thought hang on this is not right!! Still - can handle it now Iv got my trusty pen lol
Me 35 DH 43

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 8:46am

Well Im off!! Af here with avengeance (sp?) so I rang the clinic and have to start sniffing tomorrow and baseline scan booked for Thurs am. :)
Me 35 DH 43

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 1:22pm

Yay!

Great news Tracy

I'm a little behind you

Been to the clinic today and have my prescription

I shall be sniffing on Monday, but have to continue for about 3 weeks before I can start stimming :rolleyes:

when will you start injections ?

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 3:25pm

Not sure yet but they will tell me on Thurs - reckon it will be Thurs/Fri though. Not long til you start now - good luck!
Me 35 DH 43

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 4:51pm

Thats great Lisa & Tracy. You'll have to give me lots of tips.

Tracy ~ did you ask about Winterton speculum?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 4:54pm

Lorraine - not got scan til Thurs will ask then thanks
Me 35 DH 43

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 5:23pm

Okey doke. I lose track. Will have to write it all down as worried I'm gonna get it all wrong.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 5:38pm

lol
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 11:18am

Started sniffing today - still cant get used to the taste when it goes to your throat! Yuk
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 12:33pm

the sniffing is awful i couldn't get on with it at all

good luck with the scan hun
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 2:50pm

Tracy - do you actually physically 'sniff' the nasal spray?

Its better if you don't sniff at all, just spray it up your nose! You dont get as much of a taste then

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE