You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 8:02pm

Hi Lizzy, good luck with the 2ww I hope you're able to relax and stay calm. I have all that to come.

Lisa, thanks for all your wise words of wisdom. It sooo helps to have people to talk to who really understand and can advise from their own real experiences instead of the usual comments we get offered. Not sure I'm looking forward to my first sniff tomorrow morning or the injections after that either, but actually I'm glad there are no tablets involved as I have a real problem swollowing tablets.

Tracy, DH has offered to do my injections for me which is sweet of him as I know what a wimp he is with medical stuff and I have no doubt he wouldn't be able to bring him self to stab me. But definitely may get him to do the pinching to get him feeling more involved, good idea!
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
1 IUISO Mar 2007 - BFP - mc at 7.5 wk
1st IVF Mar 08 - Abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN
4th IVF Mar 09 Test day 11th April

lizzy

Reg: Jun 28th 2006

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 8:48pm

hi we've been trying for 5 years then 12 months on chlomid and then this is my first iui.
lizzy
Trying to concieve 7 years already got a 12 year old daughter who is gorg!!!!!!!!!!!

1st iui 26 june 06 failed!!!!!!
2nd iui 6 dec 06 failed!!!!!!!!!!
3rd iui Jan 07 abandoned ovulated to soon.
Jan 28 08 3rd and last iui.
Insem 7th Feb
BFP XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 9:07pm

Lizzy - how did you get on with CLomid. It's not a particularly nice drug to take is it!

Is this IUI done with Clomid, or with the injections?

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 9:17pm

Kirstie

Yes, it is great to talk to others about it all. It changed everything for me when I found this site! Made everything so much easier

don't worry about the sniffers too much. Just spray it gently, you may find that some dribble out ;). I always have a tissue to hand to dab my nose! It can leave a horrid taste in your throat/mouth if you do sniff when you spray, so try it both ways.

Lovely of your DH to want to help out with the injections.
My DH always prepares my syringe. draws up the fluid, changes the needles etc, then I do the actual jab.

Have you been told to keep your injection meds in the fridge? If so, take out a vial about 1/2 hour before you are going to do it.
It can take away some of the sting when you inject a room temp fluid instead of a very cold one

xx

• "Pilgrim" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 9:34pm

Yep echo what Lisa says about sniffer and injections! Good luck!
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 8:35am

Well had my first sniff this morning and it was ok, didn't taste too bad when a bit trickled down the throat. It is making me feel slightly sick though but I'm sure this will pass so just drinking some water.

I've got the pen rather than the syringe which I'm glad about. I'm pretty familiar with the pens and cartridges as I do some work in Diabetes research so am often training the nuses and doctors how to use the pens and they're pretty similar. Just worried about the first time I have to inject myself, but my MIL is diabetic and injects a few times a day so I figure it can't be that horrendous!
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 8:49am

tracy how ya doing hunni?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

lizzy

Reg: Jun 28th 2006

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 12:29pm

HI FOUND CHLOMID OK ALTHOUGH I FELT IT DIDN'T WORK IT DID THE FIRST TIME AS I NEARLY HAD TO CALL OFF TREAMENT, BUT THEN I FELT IT DIDN'T. THE IUI WAS DONE WITH INJECTIONS WHICH IS ALSO OK MY HUSBAND DOES IT. I KNOW IT DOESN'T HURT BUT I JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO PUSH THE TRIGGER.
LISA
lizzy
Trying to concieve 7 years already got a 12 year old daughter who is gorg!!!!!!!!!!!

1st iui 26 june 06 failed!!!!!!
2nd iui 6 dec 06 failed!!!!!!!!!!
3rd iui Jan 07 abandoned ovulated to soon.
Jan 28 08 3rd and last iui.
Insem 7th Feb
BFP XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 12:33pm

Hi Lizzy,
the injections can be a bit daunting can't they!

I couldn't get on with the auto-injector pen though, it scared me - the noise it made!
So I do my own by hand. Feel more in control I think.

Interesting you say you felt Clomid stopped working for you...I do think a body can become 'used' to something.

Hope this all works out :)

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 1:25pm

Kirstie - youll be fine with injection its really ok honest!

Kara - well had acupuncture for an hour before procedure and 30 mins after. Was so relaxed I fell asleep after procedure during acu ha ha Also this was the first time I didnt have trouble with the speculum so that was a bonus! Now on the 2ww so fingers crossed. My dh has gone back to work so I just popped on to update and will prob have a kip in a min as still sleepy from acu! :)
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 1:40pm

:)Hiya Tracy

glad to hear it all went well

I love Acu - it also sends me off into the land of nod !!!

The fact that you didn't have any problems with the speculum too I reckon shows you were so much more relaxed, therefore must be providing a great environment for the swimmers. Let's keep all our fngers and toes crossed they are doing what they need to do right now

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 1:46pm

Thanks Lisa - it was amazing honest - I felt her opening the speculum and didnt realise it was all the way in! First for me as usually tense concerning them lol Dh sc was brill too with higher motility/morphology than last time even though it was fine then too - (he has been taking zinc). Pessaries start tonight :rolleyes: Fingers crossed now! Have you remembered your sniffers today?! (Please say yes lol)
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 1:57pm

:D Yes, I have remembered! heaven knows how I'm going to remember all the sniffs and the injections in a couple of weeks ;)
I'll be asking you ladies to post on here when I'm due to jab :D :D

It's great when you have a stress-free apppointment, for anything, but especially when it involves an internal. You can be so tense can't you, and the muppet Dr (when it's a man :rolleyes:) just says "try to relax..."

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 2:07pm

Youl have to set alarms round the house to remind you! lol

I can honestly say that was the most relaxed I have been during that time so it blinking well better work this time!! lol Mind you this morning I was very anxious and managed to drop and smash a plate, spill loads of blueberries on the kitchen worktop and floor and something else which has completely gone outta my mind all before 8.30 am :rolleyes: :D
Me 35 DH 43

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 6:08pm

Good luck with the 2WW, Tracy! Hope the feeling of relaxation will last through the entire stretch...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 6:56pm

Thanks Rene! Not long til next scan I see!
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 7:00pm

Tracy the acu sounds great, I have a hypnosis CD 'preparing to conceive' which I am listened to last night in the bath and will continue to listen to throughout treatment. I'm also planning to get some reflexology sessions in as I love that and feel soooo relaxed afterwards.

Lisa, what are you like forgetting your sniffs! do they ever give you a blinding headache? mines been building all day since the sniff. Got my scan tomorrow so will know when to start injecting then.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 7:18pm

Kirstie - good luck at scan 2mrw, let us know how you get on wont you! Iv been to reflexology but found it a bit ticklish hee hee
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 7:54pm

I loved Reflexology, I really ought to go back again, but can't justify both Acu and Reflex .. it's £25 for one and £20 for hte other, so I have 2 x Acu a month now.

Kirstie
No, I havn't found any headaches with the sniffers. Hoepfully it's just you adjusting to it all and it'll balance itself out.
It is quite a harsh drug to take as it's shutting your body down temporarily.

Once you've been sniffing for a while, it's like putting your body into pre-menopause, I think this answers a lot of ladies saying they have flushes etc.

what time is your scan... hope to see you back on here pretty soon!

Friday, June 30th 2006, 1:20pm

Can I ask - you know when you have the iui procedure done? Did you get "bubbly" type pain after? I know they flush the sperm cathetar with water after to make sure it all goes in so to speak but why does it feel bubbly?
Me 35 DH 43

Friday, June 30th 2006, 6:05pm

i did feel therer was something in there... not an uncomfortable feeling, but it did feel like there was something wet

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 9:01am

tracy

sorry i haven't been on been so busy with new job.

so hun your on the 2ww i wish you all the luck in the world
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 1:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Tracy
Kirstie - youll be fine with injection its really ok honest!

Kara - well had acupuncture for an hour before procedure and 30 mins after. Was so relaxed I fell asleep after procedure during acu ha ha Also this was the first time I didnt have trouble with the speculum so that was a bonus! Now on the 2ww so fingers crossed. My dh has gone back to work so I just popped on to update and will prob have a kip in a min as still sleepy from acu! :)

Tracy ~ was that the Winterton spec? He is good isn't he? (I call him Mr Winterton :D)

Well done all of you. I tried to book my HSG for 10th July but as predicted by Cons, it was canc due to holiday by doctor. So August next for me.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 4:50pm

Had my scan on Friday and all was good, I started injecting that evening - 50iu. Took me a little while to get the courage up to do the injection and had a cry while doing it (just the emotion of having to do all this stuff really), and it was fine. Didn't really hurt and no bruise at all. Last nights was also fine and again no bruise so the pressing hard for ages after must be working! Got to keep injecting 50iu and then have my second scan on Wednesday morning to see how the follies are growing.

Question - how much do you think it matters if the injections / sniffing is late or early? I'm going to see Red Hot Chilli Peppers tomorrow night and don't want to take the stuff in to the venue with me so would be injecting at about 4:30 instead of 7:30, and sniffing at 11:00 instead of 9:00.

Thanks girls
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 5:59pm

Hiya Kirstie

Glad you're doing ok withthe injections! My DH soaks a cotton wool pad with warm water and has that to hand. After the injection we hold that over the jab site and it stops any stinging!

Regards to your injections/sniffing. It won't make too much difference. Do the injection when you can, no worries if its 2 hours early

If you are worried about the sniffing.. can you start earlier? just try to jig it about, so start earlier or later in the morning so you carry on as near to 4 hour stints as normal

I've been late all this cycle so far. Today I've even forgotten my 12 oclock sniff, so only done 8am and 4pm. It's really not a worry... your body won't suddenly start to do what it wants after missing 1 sniff.

It's a pain sometimes fitting it all in with what you want to do isnt it

I've been sniffing/injecting at 2 concerts! One I had to stop at services and injected in the ladies loo! THen the other, I injected in the car before we went into the concert hall and sniffed very surrupticiously in the middle of the concert!!!

Have a super time at your concert
xxx

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 7:07pm

Thanks for the advice Lisa. Don't mind too much about doing the sniffing and jabbing during the concert but was worried I might not be able to take them in with the bag searches etc. I'm only sniffing morning and evening so will make tonight and tomorrow mornings later to accomodate it a bit.

Have seen the Chillis before and they were great so really looking forward to it. Something to take my mind off all the other stuff thats going on.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 7:37pm

Lorraine - was so relaxed forgot to ask about "winterton" so that was the normal one!!

Kirstie - enjoy Chillis - iv seen em before and agree they are great! Iv injected in a restaurant loo before no prob but sure like Lisa says a couple hours either side wont hurt! Well done with injections by the way - it feels like a real acheivement when you can do it yourself doesnt it!?

Lisa - naughty girl forgetting again ha ha - how are you doing otherwise?
Me 35 DH 43

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 7:56pm

Hiya Tracy... yes I know, I'm a nightmare for remembering :rolleyes: hey ho.. think it's the weather!

how are you now.. do you still have the uncomfortable feelings?

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 7:23am

The burning feeling has eased but i went out yesterday and was in a bit of discomfort on left side of pelvis when i walked. I had this last cycle but both sides as went for a walk with my sis 2 days before test and started spotting and went on to have bfn??? I still have 12 days left til test so not really sure whats going on. Going for acu this morning and will see what she says otherwise have to wait and see.
Me 35 DH 43

• United Kingdom

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 4:24pm

How are all the IUI'ers? Remembering to jab/sniff?

How are you re pains Tracy?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 12:22pm

Tracy - hope you're alright and the pains aren't getting any worse. Maybe try to take it easy and not do too much if possible. Fingers and toes are crossed for 11 days time!

Chilli's were fabulous, so much better than when I've seen them before. Did my injection early and my sniffing late, so all worked out ok. Stomach is a bit sore today, but having another scan tomorrow so wil see what's been happening and how close to Insemination we are. Am not drinking whilst having treatment so last night was the first concert I've been to stone cold sober, it was sooo hot and an open air gig so reaally wanted a cold beer. But feeling very virtuous now!
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Tuesday, July 4th 2006, 12:23pm

Glad it was an open air gig Kirstie, couldn't imagine being inside and jumping up and down! Good timing too... apparantly we're all in for storms and thunder today/tomorrow!!!

what time is your scan tomorrow

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:29am

Well worked mon and tue and so busy no break so have been quite uncomfortable down there. Having a day off today to rest - it has eased off from yesterday but still tender.

Kirstie - glad gig went well - where did you see em? Good luck at scan!

Lisa - How are things going with you?
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:38am

so odd all these aches and pains :rolleyes:

we're supposed to "relax" during the 2ww... which is silghtly difficult when you have various twangs and twitches constantly going on!!!

Anyhoodle, I'm fine thanks. dislikely downregging - I think it's not mixing well with the weather and it's making me rather grotty and short-tempered :( Oh well, only another 2 weeks til I can start stimming. It's such a drag having to wait so long

but I think we've all but decided that we are not going to do the 3rd IUI, perhaps we will think about a private IVF at the latter part of the year. (I'm banking of being made redundanct for it though)

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:47am

Lisa - I struggled with my 2 week (almost) sniffing so can only imagine how bad it must be for you. :( Lets hope you get the redundancy you want and dont need the IVF or 3rd IUI anyway eh? ;)
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:53am

Yes, that would be rather nice wouldn't it :D

Oh I don't know! Sometimes I could just give up and go hide in a corner somewhere 8o

Also, we think we may have had an attempted break in at our office again :rolleyes: I know it's not really a problem as it's just an office... but it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth doesn't it.

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 8:55am

Thats scary! Even though it is an office its still somewhere that you go to 5 days a week more or less. My dh workplace (the warehouse) had an attempted arson they think sat night - its still being investigated. 8o Bad thing though ppl work night shift there!
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 9:06am

Crumbs, thats not nice. why do people not have enough to do with their time that they have to try to wreak havoc on other people :rolleyes:

We have been broken into once before - stolen PCs and cut wires on those left. And 2 muppets tried to break in the front door in broad daylight when my manager was here - he heard a noise at the door went to look, the 2 idiots were trying to open the door with a crow-bar! He said it was actually quite amusing as when they saw him looking they jumped a mile and tried to look unsuspicious by looking up at the sky and whistleing :rolleyes:
The only worry I have is that at times there are only 2 girls here on our own. Great for our safetly isn't it X(

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 9:08am

God thats really bad! What can you do - have the police been involved and offered any advice etc?
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 9:23am

The police came out when we had the physical break-in. The Crime scene people came with their florescent powder and made a right mess of our desks!!! a couple days later though the PCs that were stolen were found dumped by the side of the road (where it goes into fields) along with the company credit card!
Never understood why they didn't just put the card in their jeans pockets! We obviously have B' list criminals here ;)

All the police can say is be vigilant. we are a bunch of offices on their own, no through traffic at all. So it's very very quiet here, with a main road behind so they can easily hop over to that road and be away.
The Sainsburys near us is constantly having car break-ins. Nice area here you know!!!

We (the 2 girls) decided that we don't work on our own, so if 1 is coming in late, the other one does to, and if 1 has to leave early we both go

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 9:28am

God thats awful - least you both come in/leave same time etc crap though that you have to work in that type of environment.
Me 35 DH 43

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 6:37pm

At undisclosed location 2 base units were stolen and the security guard held the door for them. Suspect its an inside job. Some of these people are complete numb-nuts but its not very nice for you Lisa. Agree leave at same time is good idea.

10-15 years ago we had a weird incident when I lived at home. This bloke was seen attempting to break into a house so he was chased by the houseowner's neighbour to our door step. The alleged burglar was banging on the door and there was bloodshed and shouting and my next door neighbour had to be a witness although my bruv wasn't asked strangely. I didn't know any of this as I was asleep in the room above this going on by the way. Anyway next day police and forensics came and my nan who was probably about 80-ish then was asked by the police to clear up. She was dottery on her feet then with bad osteo & arthritis but expecting an old lady to clear up blood was a bit much. My dad did it. Still can't believe I slept through it all when the bloke was hammering on the door and my bruv was shouting at him saying he couldn't help. Believe the blood shed occurred when the neighbour caught up with the guy. It went to court but no charges could be fixed as it was unclear what exactly had gone on as it was sometime before it went to court.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 6:46pm

Well I have had af type pains for about 5 hours and sort of (sorry tmi warning) wet like feeling similar to when af due to start but not the same. Sort of like I am leaking watery stuff from foo but no colour, consistency, smell etc ?(
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, July 5th 2006, 9:03pm

Lorraine - wow that was a bit odd!! Your poor nan, no, she shouldn't have to clear uo all that mess, bless her

Tracy - oh I do so hope it's all good news hun. I would say try not to think about it all... but I know thats just impossible.

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 9:24am

Tracy - hope you're ok and trying not too worry too much. Fingers and toes are all crossed that all is well.

Lisa - hope you're remembering your sniffing, I prefer the injections to the sniffing as it does taste yukky and the jabs don't really hurt at all.

Had my second scan yesterday after 5 days of stimming, had 1 large follie on the left of 16mm, another of 10mm and 2 smaller ones, then there were 2 small ones on the right. They weren't sure if they were going to insemminate on Friday or Monday but confirmed later by phone that I should continue jabbing and have another scan on Friday. So looks like it will be basting day on Monday!!! Trying not to get too excited as I know the odds aren't great but it's hard not too as it's the first time something is actually being done.

Stomach is feeling quite sore and my moods have been quite up and down but generally ok.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 9:49am

That is good news Kirstie!

a 16mm is great - nearly mature enough, so hopefully with another couple of days jabs it will grow to about 18 or maybe even 20 and the 10 to around 16. The other 2 probably won't do anything at all, so don't worry about having all 4 popping out !!!

:D

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 1:01pm

I was a bit worried about sextuplets!!! My stomach is getting more sore as the day goes on so I would think they are growing.

Looking forward to getting the first round over with, the 4 hour round trip to the hospital is taking it's toll with work etc. Hopefully I should be able to transfer to my local hospital which is only about 20 minutes away in September as they should have their new unit up and running by then.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 1:02pm

4 hours 8o My word, now that is a long trip

Is your local clinic closed for re-furb or something ?

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 2:57pm

The local hospital has only just started an Assisted conception clinic as they have been very slow getting the funding as is typical of Cornwall. It has been delayed and delayed but should hopefully be ready to function in September / October time.

I should have been just waiting for them to be ready, but I was soooo fed up of waiting and being told of more delays that I emailed Plymouth hospital in May to ask if I could attend there privately for IUI while I waited. Amazingly they phoned me and said it should be no problem attending their clinic and that I could get it on the NHS as the Devon and Cornwall PCT is all one Trust. And here I am in the middle of a treatment cycle just 6 weeks later!
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 3:12pm

Whereabouts are you in Cornwall?

I'm looking this very moment for a nice hotel to come and stay in a couple of weeks!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE