You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Pilgrim" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 5:03pm

Thanks Kara - its not the most pleasant is it?

Tabitha - I have to do a gentle sniff as find it slips back out if I dont.

I noticed the side effects already today after 1 sniff - dizzy, hot flushes and tired. Dont remember noticing em so soon before - do you think it is because I detoxed recently and my body is noticing the "toxins" more so to speak?

On a funny note I went for lunch with dh this afternoon as he finished some exams and was pmsl as a bird pooped on him until he pointed out it had caught me as well!! X( :O :rolleyes: ha ha - isnt it meant to be lucky - lottery tonight!! lol
Me 35 DH 43

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 7:28pm

That is definately lucky !!!

hope it means things will go really really well for you this cycle ;) :D :D

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 8:33pm

Thanks Tabitha - me too :)
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 9:39am

so hunni how was the scan?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:13am

Hi girls - well I have just got back from the scan (popped into town after) and had a bit of a surprise. Im on day 3 of cycle and started sniffing yesterday and have not yet had any stimmimg drugs. Well I have 8 follies already - 1 size 14!!! I have 4 on each side (Left which is my "lazy" side has sizes 4,5,5,9 and Right has sizes 5,6,9,14). They were quite shocked obviously and I have to ring back at 2-2.30 to find out what the Dr wants me to do. I explained that I have been having acupuncture as these were approx same sizes last cycle after 1 lot of stimming and I normally hardly produce any adequate follies on my left side. Bit anxious that if I have stim drug I will overstimulate (I am super sensitive to it and only need teeny amount for something to happen), but at the same time happy that acu is doing something good "down there". Will update obviously after I ring them.
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:23am

well well thats pretty amazing hun

you have more than i had after tons of stims lol
keep us posted
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:29am

I know I was shocked esp at the size 14 one!! 8o
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:33am

when was your last treatment?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:40am

March/April this year
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:42am

so you had a months break ish?
would you convert to ivf again?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:58am

I had 2 and 1/2 months break after last bfn result (April 7 :() So our clinic says 2 normal bleeds in between treatments.
I would prefer with all my heart not to convert to IVF again as I really didnt like it (EC) at all. If this doesnt work gonna ask for GA next time (serious) as get worked up thinking about it.
Me 35 DH 43

Reg: Feb 24th 2006

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 12:06pm

good luck tracy, wow sounds like u got lots of good folies on there way. lets us know after u phone how u get on!
liz x
me 35 DP 31 MFI
1 daughter 10 with Ex husband (2 years TTC)
second time with infertility issues
we are just....waiting for Adam
first ICSI ...4 eggs collected 16/10/06
3 Fertilised...Rod,Jane and Freddie
ET 19/10/06 2 Embies on board, 1x7 cell, 1x4 cell
no snow babies
BFN 30/10/06

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 1:12pm

Right phoned clinic and they not sure if size 14 was a corpus luteum left over from last cycle so I have to inject 25 units of puregon starting this pm for next 4 nights and rescan Monday. This is the lowest dose I can have and fingers crossed the other follies will grow slowly and "14" will waste away so to speak and hopefully I wont over stimulate.
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 1:14pm

did they say what will happen if you do over stim?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 1:28pm

Didnt say but I know from experience it will either be abandoned or converted to ivf
Me 35 DH 43

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 5:33pm

Sorry not been on since Tuesday as Wed had day off and tired myself out :D.

Is that a good sign Tracy with the follies or not? Been confused. I hope that is going as planned but forgive me if I'm confused.

Did you have a Winterton speculum?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 6:48pm

Didnt need it today Lorraine as had dildo cam for follie check but will be mentioning it for insemination dont you worry ha ha. The follie number is higher than expected which would be brill for ivf but I dont want more than 3 big ones or cycle will be cancelled. Will have to see how they grow by monday and go from there. Did first injection this evening - was fine!
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 7:59pm

Hiya tracy

goodness me.. you have started the production line going! Do you think the fast response could be down to your Acupuncture?

A lot of the follicles won't amount to much - 1 or 2 will cbecome the 'lead' follies, so hopefully the stims will just help out the lead ones and the rest will steady.

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 8:06pm

Tabitha - I think the acu certainly has had something to do with it so hopefully it will help anything else that isnt quite right in that area which may be stopping me getting pg. Im hoping really the 14 is corpus luteum and will wither away and the 2x9s grow. Just couldnt believe had 8 already!
Me 35 DH 43

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 8:21pm

That is incredible.. yes the 14 has to be the CL left over... it can't have grown to that in just 3 days surely.

Glad the injection went well. They are real nuisance aren't they!

Would you chose not to go for IVF if you get more than 3 over 16mm ?

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 7:18am

Tabitha - I really dont think I would convert again. I want to be ready for ivf from the start of the cycle as didnt "enjoy" it at all last time. Im just hoping the option doesnt come up, that the 9s grow ok and others very slowly - please pretty please!! Not long til you start now eh!?
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 9:27am

tracy

i hope you get the news you want and i see what you mean about not converting to ivf, how you feeling?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 9:28am

Thanks Kara - have to see what Monday brings! Fingers crossed!
Me 35 DH 43

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 1:39pm

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this thread and should hopefully be starting my first treatment cycle next week as AF is due around the 28th (day after my birthday). Very excited!!!

Tracy - I had my first appointment at Derriford yesterday after changing from Treliske as their unit isn't ready yet, I assume you are at Derriford too? I was only there for about half an hour while they went through all the drugs I have to take, sniff for 2 days, then stim injections till follies are ready and then inject to release.

So waiting for AF to arrive as it has to be here by 1st July for me to be accepted this month as then there is a wait until September as staff hols and stuff.

Good to have some buddies to go through it with, fingers crossed it will arrive next week.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
1 IUISO Mar 2007 - BFP - mc at 7.5 wk
1st IVF Mar 08 - Abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN
4th IVF Mar 09 Test day 11th April

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 1:50pm

Hi Kirstie

Welcome to the IUI thread!

I will also be joining you. I take pills tomorrow for 7days and start sniffing on Monday .., sadly for 3 weeks before I'm able to start stimming. So I'll be a little farther behind you all... but we can all go through it together :)

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 2:25pm

Hi girls - well I have had 2 stimming injections and have lots of activity feelings going on down there esp on R side! Hope there arent too many. Also had lots of cm today (sorry tmi) and my boobs are sore. Isnt it a bit early for this much cm? Really hope im not overstimming!Am also feeling really fruity! :O Help!

Tabitha - nearly time!! Will deffo be around for you 2 so dont worry.

Kirstie - what time was your appt as sure someone with same name in waiting room same time as me!! Why do you only have to sniff for 2 days? Are you sure its not from day 2 onwards?
Me 35 DH 43

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pilgrim" (Jun 24th 2006, 2:27pm)

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 2:39pm

Due 4th stimmer this evening ready fro scan tomorrow. Been bit tender down there but not too bad. Ready for scan in the morning so will update then. Gonna watch the match now - come on England!!
Me 35 DH 43

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 7:22pm

Hope you enjoyed the match! Not bad ;)

how do you get on with your injections? No bruises?

What time is the scan... shall keep my fingers crossed that those follies are behaving themselves

xx

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 8:10pm

Tabitha - no bruises from injections although tonights stung like anything so not too happy with that!! My scan is 9.45 am then I have acupuncture at 11am but will try and update at some point during the day. Im also going to see parents after acu and havent told my family that we have started treatment this time so praying I dont slip up and say something! D day for you tomorrow - are you excited?
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 26th 2006, 10:05am

Yes, Down-regging started today... should have been at 8am, but forgot and eventually sniffed at 9.00!!!!

I was like this the last cycle... just never remembered on time, didn't do injections at the right time etc etc! But hey, that worked!

Have you found it difficult when you've told your family that you are on treatment? I know the constant questions can be annoying. I'm quite lucky with my mum & dad and sister. They ask just every now and again how are things going, then it's up to me if I want to just say 'ok' or talk about it. They are open to talking or just leaving us to get on with things.

Monday, June 26th 2006, 2:04pm

Had 2nd follie scan today and good news! I have size 14 and 15 on R side and size 15 on L side so perfect number, (phew). I also have a size 12 on L so no more stimms for me! I have to give my HCG injection at 11pm Tues then insemination 11am Thurs. Also some more good news my acu lady is coming with me on Thurs to do mini session before and after IUI to hopefully aid implantation! Feeling more relieved so fingers crossed now!

Tabitha - an hour late on first day - naughty you ha ha!! I dont have a problem with family just didnt want to tell them this time as hate the "telling ppl it hasnt worked phonecall" and sort of feel less pressure for it to work even though they are very supportive - does this make sense?
Me 35 DH 43

Monday, June 26th 2006, 2:25pm

Hi Tracy and Lisa

Tracy it sounds like everything is moving quickly, good luck for Insemination on Thursday. My appointment last Thursday was at 11:30, would that have been around the time you were there?

My drug pack is being couriered to me tomorrow as AF is due any day, am off to Ireland working for a couple of days on Wednesday morning so will need to take the sniffer with me, what day do you normally have to begin the injections as I'm I don't want to have to take them with me on the plane? Maybe I just need a letter from a doctor to say I need to take them on the plane but they need to be cold don't they so not sure what to do?

Thanks for any advice.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Monday, June 26th 2006, 2:37pm

Hi Kirstie - I was there earlier so must have been someone else with same name! Most times I have to start stimms on day 3 so not sure how long you are going away for but maybe ask them to store in plane fridge or you get ice packs with your drug package so could store between them as not a long flight to Ireland? Hope this helps! I know this is the quickest cycle for me so far so hope it goes well hereon in!
Me 35 DH 43

kar1

Monday, June 26th 2006, 3:12pm

tracy great news hun
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:47pm

Tracy - that is great news. Ideal sizes. By Tuesday they should be around 16 and 17mm if not a little more.
Ideal for IUI.
I can't believe you have to stay up til 11pm for your trigger shot! I'd be fast asleep by that time... :D
I hope they schedule mine in a little earlier

Yes, I am naughty aren't I! My DH rang me at 4.05 today and yes, I'd forgotten that one too :rolleyes: Shall have to set my little alarm again to beep every 4 hours.

Great that your Acu lady is going with you, thats so nice of her. Hopefully that will give you just the boost you'll need

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:52pm

Kirstie
If you can take a little ice-bag with you, that'll be great to store the meds in. But, if not, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The overhead-storage isn't exactly warm on a plane, so that may be good enough. If you're worried about if they should be allowed to warm slightly, then fridge them, can you ring your clinic tomorrow?
It would be interesting to know their advice

what protocol are you on.. the same as Tracy, or a long one like me?
If it's long, then you would be d/regging for 2-3 weeks before stimming. If not, then I'd guess it would be just as Tracy's - day 3

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:54pm

Thanks Kara and Tabitha - I feel really lucky to have optimum size and quantity and am so chuffed my acu lady (Kim) coming with me. Fingers crossed this may be our time - I really hope so!
Me 35 DH 43

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 8:59am

Thanks for your advice Tracy and Lisa, I am supposed to start sniffing on day 2 of my cycle and then I think they were going to tell me when to start injecting once I'd rung them to tell them AF had started. I think they said it would be around day 3/4.

AF is due on Thursday and I will be in Ireland from Wednesday and home by 10ish Friday night, so I think I probably won't need to take it with me.

Just hoping for AF to start NOW!!!
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 3:15pm

Kirstie - not long to go now then? Pants isnt it - af comes when we dont want it and not when we do!! Have a nice time in Ireland.
Me 35 DH 43

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 7:04pm

Hi girlies - I have sniffed last time this evening and due to give HCG at 11pm. Got to try and stay awake now lol Had af type feelings for a few hours - do you think this is ok?
Me 35 DH 43

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 7:37pm

Hi Tracy

try not to worry about any niggles you're experiencing. It's more than likely due to the downregging. You are confusing your body slightly, even after just these few days, it is wondering what it's supposed to do!

The hCG shot will make your body ovu, then all will be settled and hopefully you'll get your magic result

xxx

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 1:57pm

Good luck for Insemination Tracy, hope all goes smoothly.

Well AF arrived this morning just before I was about to drive to the airport to fly to Ireland for 3 days work. The clinic could only see me on Friday morning so I've had to lie to my employers about a 'cancellation appointment coming up for a minor op' and cancel my trip . I don't want work to know that we're having Infertility treatment as no one knows we're ttc.

Sooooo, it has begun. I'm very excited but also really scared, start sniffing tomorrow and then first scan on Friday after which I assume they will start me injecting. Have been waiting for so long with delay after delay and nothing really happening that it's all a bit wild now as things are moving so fast.
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 2:04pm

Thats great news Kirstie

Do agree with you about not wanting work to know, it can just lead to more worries for you, and that's not what you want!

Technically you havn't really lied to work.. it is an appointment about an up and coming event, it is medical, and IUI is a procedure, although not really an 'op' as such... so I think you're pretty justified ;)

It is a very odd time when you first start. You do have so many feelings of excitement as you're beginning something that could lead to a dream, but there are so many other anxieties. Just remember to ask any Q at all of us. No matter how small you may think it is, if it's cropped up in your mind, its worth asking.

xxx

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 4:54pm

Kirstie - great news about af and so your journey begins!! Wishing you loads of luck! Agree with Tabitha - dont worry about work as it is a last minute procedure after all!!

Tabitha - thanks for reassuring me - no matter how many times iv gone through it I still fret - think its natural. Did my injection in my arm last night and got dh to "pinch" the skin so he felt like he was helping! I was so tired so just wacked it in without thinking as I know it stings so just thought get on with it ha ha How have things been with you today - did you remember this time!!
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 5:16pm

Yes, I did remember! Honestly, you'd think I was nearly 80 the way I have to write things down in my diary at the moment to remember things ;)

So far so good with me, no effects of the sniffers - apart from that wonderful taste it leaves you with!!

Do you have to do the injection in your arm? Is it a subcutaneous jab.. could you do it in your tummy?

I had a tetnus last week in my arm and boy did it hurt!!! Much more than my fertility jabs (tummy). And it left one huge lump for days.. I couldn't actually lay on that side at night for 2 nights!

lizzy

Reg: Jun 28th 2006

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 6:48pm

RE: Anyone starting IUI/DI in June?

HI I'VE JUST HAD MY INSEMINATION AT LEEDS ON MONDAY. NOW ON THE TWO WEEK WAIT. TEST ON 10 JULY, BIT NERVOUS AS I CAN'T SEE HOW IT WILL WORK AFTER TRYING ALL THIS TIME. FINGERS CROSSEDxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lizzy
Trying to concieve 7 years already got a 12 year old daughter who is gorg!!!!!!!!!!!

1st iui 26 june 06 failed!!!!!!
2nd iui 6 dec 06 failed!!!!!!!!!!
3rd iui Jan 07 abandoned ovulated to soon.
Jan 28 08 3rd and last iui.
Insem 7th Feb
BFP XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 7:03pm

Tabitha - as its sub cut injection i can give it wherever really and the clinic did say arm or tummy best for them so wanted to get over phobia about injecting arm ha ha. Sorry to hear about your tetanus jab - they do sting unfortunately! :( Glad you remembered your sniffer today - well done lol

Lizzy - welcome and fingers crossed! think there are 4 of us now on the IUI process at various stages. There is a 2ww thread if you want to have a look there too and Il be switching to there 2mrw but keeping a close eye on Tabithas progress too of course!!
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 7:13pm

Hiya Lizzy

Welcome to the site.

How long have you been trying. IS this the first IUI you have had?

Good luck for the 2ww

Lisa
xx

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 7:16pm

Tracy

reading your reply makes me realise I'm a little late for my 8pm sniff [zx058]
Lots and lots of luck for the insem tomorrow morning
will you be back online later in the day?

Lisa
x

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 7:20pm

Lisa - what are you like!!?? Ha ha! Thanks for good luck wishes and yes il prob pop on some time after to update. :D
Me 35 DH 43

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE