You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "NuttyTart71" started this thread

Reg: Jan 8th 2009

Children: Praying for a little miracle.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:17pm

Why Won't they give me a copy of the SA report?

Hi there

Does anyone know why the hospital won't give me a copy of my husband's SA report? I have just called to ask, and was actually bombared with a load of questions from the Doctor's secretary wanting to know WHY I wanted it?

I don't think I am asking too much to get a copy - or is it just me? The results we were given over the phone were classed as "low" and, as Paul kindly pointed out in another thread, don't actually give us much to go on.

I am a total mess today - couldn't go into work, and haven't stopped crying. All I want is some clarity on what my DH's SA means for us.

NT71
xxxx

:xxx3:
babydust
Courage isn't having the strength to carry on, it's carrying on when you don't have the strength

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:58pm

RE: Why Won't they give me a copy of the SA report?

Hi,

It is such a stupid, and patronising system, that says these results belong to the hospital and that you can't have them or wouldn't understand them.

Can you get them sent to your GP - he is entitled to have a copy of these results - and then get the GP to copy it to you?

Give it a try,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "NuttyTart71" started this thread

Reg: Jan 8th 2009

Children: Praying for a little miracle.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:11pm

Thanks Paul.

I will give that a try - I would be happy not having a copy of the result if the information we had was enough to go on!!!

NT71 xxxx

:xxx3:
babydust
Courage isn't having the strength to carry on, it's carrying on when you don't have the strength

Jan

Reg: Jan 25th 2009

Children: one on the way

Friday, January 30th 2009, 8:59pm

hi NT71

During my DH samples, he himself couldn't get them from hospital (Monklands). We had to arrange to attend appointment but also got them posted to us so wouldn't take them not giving th results out personally. The person you spoke to on the phone may not even be qualified or know enough to comment on the results!

Chase hospital or consultant to get results posted out or make an apointment as you may find it easier at a face to face to discuss your treatment options??

Jan
Jan

2009 will be our year

babydust :hugs:

Test date 21/4/09 :BFP:

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Friday, January 30th 2009, 9:22pm

i don't understand this. i thought we were all entitled to either review or copies of our medical records under the Access to Health Records Act. mmmmmm maybe worth trying to go through that department of the hospital and have another go. i have copies of all my icsi treatment - yes private - but copies of all nhs notes for every attendance / inpatient attendance i have ever had (control freak i know :snigger: )

:goodluck:
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE