You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "NuttyTart71" started this thread

Reg: Jan 8th 2009

Children: Praying for a little miracle.

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:39pm

DH SA Analysis In - what does it mean?

Hi there

Had telephone call today with our Doctor's secretary. Not much to go on, but she said my DH's results have shown.

Density/Concentration 4.3 (Was advised this should be at least 20)

Count 27.09 (was advised this should be at least 40)

Motility 16.254 (was advised this should have been around 20)

I will hopefully get a fuller detail of the results over the next few days. I know this is a low results, but I don't know HOW low it is. Can anyone given me any information/advice? Is there ANY chance with can conceive naturally.

Thanks
NT71
:xxx3:

PS. Donation on route - sorry it has taken so long - blasted credit card companies!

babydust
Courage isn't having the strength to carry on, it's carrying on when you don't have the strength

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NuttyTart71" (Jan 29th 2009, 6:44pm)

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 11:12pm

RE: DH SA Analysis In - what does it mean?

Hi,

To answer you last question first - whilst there are some normal, active sperm present a natural pregnancy is always possible.

The figures you have been given don't make a lot of sense, eg sperm density / concentration means the same as sperm count, and to give motility to 3 places of decimals does not make sense. Motility assessment is not that accurate, even done by machine.

However the results, as far as I can see are not too low and could even be normal in another specimen, as specimens can vary a great from month to month. It is alway essential to look at more than one specimen.

Try to get a proper written copy of the report and I can be more comprenhensive about my comments.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Friday, January 30th 2009, 1:22pm

Thanks Paul. I didn't think we had much to go on, based on the level of information other FZ members have been able to give in their questions. I will contact Dr's office this afternoon, ask if they can email be a copy of the report.

NT71
xxxx

babydust
Courage isn't having the strength to carry on, it's carrying on when you don't have the strength

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:21pm

Hi Paul

Just tried to call for a copy of the report - I felt like I was asking for the Crown Jewels!

Doctor's secretary advises that it is not normal standard practice to issue these reports, and I am pretty much been told I am not getting it - she also didn't give me any other information about the results beyond what I posted previously.

I don't understand why it is such an issue to see a copy of the SA report. I'm so upset, I feel we are not being treated very well here, or is this actually quite normal?

NT71 xx

babydust

Reg: Nov 7th 2008

Children: 1 DD born 1998 (previous marriage)

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:50pm

Hi there, I can totally sympathise with you on this one. The hospital were extremely rude to DH when he took his sample in and then said 'if you havent heard anything in 3wks assume everything is fine'. Needless to say neither of us were happy with that. For anyone ttc it is extremely important to know what is going on inside both of you so you can take the appropriate steps to improve things. Without knowing where the problems are how can you fix it??? Plus it is your husbands sperm and he has a right to see the results.

Good luck with your battle at the hospital. It took a visit to the cons to get a copy of the results.
Me 35 DH 32
Lap May 09 - Clipped tubes
1st IVF Sept 09 Abandoned
2nd IVF Nov 09 - ET 20/11/09 BFN
3rd IVF ET w/c 12 April 2010 BFN

4th IVF EC w/c 9th May

:snowangel:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE