You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rockchick" started this thread

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 5:23pm

new to this!

hi, am 35, dh 32, we have been ttc for nearly two yrs. dh sperm count excellent (typical! :) ) had hsg which showed my tubes were clear but my first day 21 blood test levels were 23 which dr told me was too low. have been taking clomid now for 3 months. had a second day 21 after 2nd month on clomid and my levels had gone up to 67! am starting to get very sad that nothing is happening and don't know anyone else who is going through this that i can chat to for advice etc. have just got my period and have been very emotional since. i have been getting lots of cramps and swelling which seems to increase each month since i started on clomid and my periods have become quite painful. is this normal?

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 5:33pm

Welcome! I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Yes, I found my periods were heavier and more painful on clomid :sadface:

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a clomid chicks thread HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other.

INFO: CLOMID - MONITORING/TRACKING

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO CLOMID

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Aug 8th 2008

Children: m/c at 14 wks 2007

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 5:34pm

Hey rock Chick
welcome on to FZ...you should pop into clomid chicks thread as there are loads of us there going through the same thing....its a tough rollercoaster journey.....and I know I feel all over the place at times...plus my boobs have ballooned, I have been like a :witch: to my DH ...hope your journey is a short one....
Take care
A
8 X BFN Clomid & Metformin
9th round - Mar 09 150 Clomid :BFP: SHOCKED

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 5:44pm

Hi and welcome!

It is hard when you're doing month after month on clomid and not getting that positive result but we do have plenty of success stories on here where it has worked for people on later cycles (me included - on cycle 5 which sadly resulted in a loss and then again on cycle 8). Your blood results show that you are now ovulating which is half the battle won :D

Are you being monitored through tracking scans? It may be that the cramps and swelling are an indication you're responding too well to it?

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "rockchick" started this thread

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:01pm

thanks for the replies, it certainly helps to find others who know what im going through! :) im taking 50mg at the mo and my fertility nurse said not to increase it due to my prog. levels. i had a scan at my 1st app with the fertility clinic which showed i had a follicle on each ovary but that was back in sept 08. i haven't been offered any scans since. have tried to contact fertility nurse today and left a message but she hasn't got back to me yet. have to say im concerned about the pains and swelling and also about the lack of scans (have noticed that lots on the forum have mentioned this)

bubble - glad to hear it worked for you!!

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE