You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jody76" started this thread

Reg: Jan 22nd 2009

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 9:26am

New here - sterilisation reversals?

Hi everyone, I am new here and I am looking for any advice or stories on female sterilisation reversals.

I have 2 gorgeous children aged 8 and 6, they were both born by c-section and I wonder if this will affect my chances of having a reversal done?

I was sterilised at the age of 28 (now 32), at the moment I am trying to lose weight and get into shape, sort my cycles out and look into reversals.

I am particulary interested in having the reversal done by laparoscope rather than a large cut and have been trying to find info out about a surgeon in Cardiff that does this method.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 10:58am

I dont have any advise as such for u hun .... but i do know that the earlier u get it done, the more sucessful it is.... (so i have been told) I would love to have mine reversed - but it was over 15 yrs ago that i had mine done ... i was told by a private Dr that we were better off going for IVF rather than pay to get reversed when it might not even be sucessful - we have tried IVF 3 x times now, our last one was sucessful but i sadly miscarried 3 weeks ago when i was 8 wks pg ...

I would love to have a reversal, to have a chance to 'try' every mth, but with the cost of the reversal, and the waiting list, and also my age - i think we mite be better off just going to IVF #4 ....

Let me know how u get on and if u do have the reversal ...

Good Luck blowkiss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Welshbird" (Jan 22nd 2009, 10:59am)

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 11:45am

Hi Jody

I really looked into this after my 4th failed IVF attempt, as Becs says the earlier you have it done the better. We decided against it because it is such a major op with no guarantee of success... although this was the full blown op not laparoscopy - I don't think there are many surgeons over here that do it, loads in the States though. Also my age was against me in terms of conceiving naturally again anyway even after a reversal.

We decided to go for another round of IVF and as you can see it worked and I am 24 weeks pregnant.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

Reg: Jan 25th 2009

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 8:49pm

RE: New here - sterilisation reversals?

hi there. i have some imformation on this subject because on march 19th of this year i am booked in to have the reversal done!
i have 3 gorgeous girls, maria 8, leah 6, and ella 4 and after having ella i thought that was enough and booked myself in to be sterilised 6 months after having her, so that was 2005.
i have been for the consultation in taunton, somerset, and the op is going to cost me £3120. consultation fee was £150. this price includes 3 nights stay in a private hospital in taunton.
i have been given an 85% chance of conceiving.
if you did want any further info on this, let me know.
take care and good luck
jo :bye: