You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "smd012" started this thread

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful wee son!

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 8:10pm

About to start!!!

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am starting my first round of clomid tomorrow. I was just about to take provera at the end of this week but have taken a natural AF today and rang my clinic and I have to take my first tablet of clomid tommorow which I think is CD2?! I have to take one tablet for 5 days and then go for a scan next Fri which will be CD 10...is this the normal procedure? Going to post in the clomid chicks.

Would appreciate any advice....ie is it better to take the tablet before I go to bed? I think my natural AF arrived as I have been taken metaformin for a month now and changed my job so less stressed!!! :innocent:

Hope to speak soon.

S x

January 09 - clomid 50mg & metformin - :BFN:
Feb/March 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
2nd April - M/C :bawl:
May 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFN:
June 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
23rd July Scan 6weeks+4 - One healthy :heart:
27th Aug Scan 11weeks+5 - One lively little baby kicking and waving
20 week Scan all good!
16th Dec Growth Scan - weighing 2pounds 4oz!!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 8:18pm

Hiya

Yep, all sounds good and normal to me :smile:

It's quite common to take the clomid on days 2-6 and yes, taking them at night, helps with lessening the side effects (although not everyone suffers from them). A scan at day 10 is great - this will be an internal scan (known affectionally as a 'dildocam'!) which will check how you're responding to the clomid ie number of follicles and how thick your lining is and ensure that you're not over or under responding to it. It's great that your clinic is monitoring you like this.

Other advice - make sure you have lots of chocolate in and.....well that's about it really :snigger:

Good luck and if you have any more questions fire away!

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 8:46pm

Hiya! Welcome to the clomid boards!

As Bubble has said, taking them in the evening is a good idea, means you can sleep through some of the s/e's!

Clomid can affect everyone differently, and can make you quite emotional, and I felt like I was a yoyo, emotionally, so don't worry if you feel a bit all over the place emotionally, whilst it can seem a bit scary, it's completely normal!

Though, hopefully, you will be lucky, and the s/e's won't hit you too much!

The clomid chicks thread is a great place to chat to other ladies going through the up's and down's of clomid, and be able to suuport each other.

And, yes, chocolate should come with the clomid prescription! :snigger:

Wishing you lots of luck xxx

<

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE