You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Toosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jan 20th 2009

Children: Ipswich Hosp

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 3:56pm

Signs of Ovulation after HCG Injection

Hi everyone,

I had the HCG shot 2 days ago after follicle tracking (cycle 1 of 100mg Clomid) and have no signs of ovulation.

My nurse said that I could have quite a lot of pain during the ovulation process, yet I feel nothing, no CM, no sore boobs just the odd hot flush.

The hospital information sheet says

" Your most fertile time is the day before and the two days immediately following the HCG injection. Making love two or three times during this time gives you the best chance of becoming pregnant"

What symptoms do other people have during ovulation whilst on Clomid?

:BFP: July 07 Missed M/c

:BFP: Feb 09 Missed M/c

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 5:33pm

Hi Toosie

Ooh, I'm trying to remember but to be honest you're pretty much guaranteed to ovulate after having the trigger shot if your follicles were of a suitable size so I'm not sure I paid very much attention to it to be honest! I remember feeling more 'uncomfortable' around my ovary area (not painful) and some people will notice a change in their cervical mucus around ovulation (but clomid can also affect this).

Are you having a progesterone blood test around day21 to confirm whether you ovulated?

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "Toosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jan 20th 2009

Children: Ipswich Hosp

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 7:27pm

Hi Thanks for your reply!

I am not having a Day 21 test, but did a poas and it appears that I am ovulating, I think being my first cycle I was expecting pain and awful symptoms?!

Maybe I am lucky ... this time!!!

Congratulations by the way!!! Not long to go now!!!

I see that you had a MMC - Me too, that was a horrific thing to go through, at my hospital they don't do D&Cs so much so I had to go through an induction.. not pleasant, but I think I am getting there now .. eventually.

Thanks again

xx

:BFP: July 07 Missed M/c

:BFP: Feb 09 Missed M/c

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 8:26pm

You're welcome and thanks for the congrats.

Sorry to hear about your m/c. Sadly we have far too many ladies on here who have suffered losses :sadface: I know what you mean about getting there eventually - it takes time doesn't it? And although it gets easier I'm not sure we'll ever forget.

I really hope that the clomid works for you hun and that you are soon one of our clomid success stories. We have a number on here and I hope that they bring people the strength, courage and hope to keep persevering, even when it's really really hard.

The first hurdle is knowing that you're responding to the clomid and ovulating - so that's one part over for you. Next step, hopefully in the not too distant future, your BFP!

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 8:38pm

Hiya, welcome to the clomid boards!

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's a painful thing to go through, emotionally and physically.

I got alot of cm, and strong ovulation pains, when I ovulated, but it really seems to vary from person to person.

I'm wishing you lots of luck on clomid, as Bubble says there are quite a few of us who have been lucky with clomid, my little boy was conceived on clomid, and I'm almost 8 weeks pg now, again with the help of clomid.

xxx

<

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE