You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

annie04

• "annie04" started this thread

Reg: Jan 20th 2009

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 8:09pm

Help! Ur Vistahermosa or Clinica Fertia

Hi there

Im just starting out at this and need some help, these clinics both sound good but as money is tight want to get it right. Ur vistahermosa seems really reasonable anyone been??

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 12:08pm

Hi Annie

I haven't heard of Fertia but have just come back from initial appointment at Vistahermosa - my report of the visit is at:

Egg donation abroad - having scans/tests in UK

Hope x

Lilly71

Reg: Jan 30th 2009

Children: no children

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 4:18pm

RE: Help! Ur Vistahermosa or Clinica Fertia

Hi Annie,

Just have seen your question.. I had my first appointment last week in Vistahermosa.

Now I am taking Microdiol(contraceptive pills). I liked the centre, they are friendly and quite competitive..also the price is very good..Important: they treat you as a person, not as a number..

let´s see!

Big hug

LIlly71
Lilly71

Sissi

Reg: May 21st 2008

Children: have none yet

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 10:15am

RE: Help! Ur Vistahermosa or Clinica Fertia

Morning!

I really recommend UrVistahermosa, talk to Salome and she will explain how it works..

Well, I achieved my pregnancy with them..what can I say. The prices are quite good also, and it includes hotel and transfer.

Sissi
Sissi

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 5:46pm

Hi Lily71 and Sissi

Sissi - I didn't realise you were both Visathermosa success story!
When did you go there and did you get pregnant first time around?

Hi Lily - I went for initial appoint in Jan (23rd) and took microdiol when period started but I continued to bleed for 15 days so on Friday I emailed Salome and Dr Lloret (do you see him?) advised me to start on the progynova so I did on Friday. Quite exciting that my transfer might now be nearer but worried about the bleeding even though Dr Lloret said it's normal. When are you due to finish your microdiol?

Hope x

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: none

Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 10:24pm

my first apointment Thurs

Hi All,

I have my first apointment with this clinic on Thurs , fingers crossed they can help me .

Baby dust and hugs to all

Scooby

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 8:40am

Good luck Scooby-do u live in Alicante? Don't worry about the appointment-they are really lovely.
Hope x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 2:50pm

Hi Hope,

Yes we live here not in Alicante though in Orihuela Costa about 40 mins away. Thanks for that They sound very nice on the phone fingers crossed they can help me.

Suzy

Sending Baby dust your way

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 2:54pm

Thanks - sending some to you too!

Unfortunately it's not going very well for me at the moment - the drugs they gave me (the pill and then the progynova to make my uterus lining nice and think) don't seem to be working as I have been bleeding now since 28 January!

I have contacted them again today (they told me to stop taking the pill on Friday and to start the progynova) but the bleeding has just got heavier.....

I think they are going to recommend that I go for a scan to see what's going on in there.

I hope this isn't going to be the end of the road......

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on

Hope x

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 4:28pm

Hi Hope,

Sorry to hear that you're having a few problems. At least you'll have more of an idea as to what's maybe going on if you have a scan.

Hope everything's fine.

Let us know how you get on.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 6:59pm

Hi hope,

I am sure everything will sort out for you, think positive and no it's not the end of the road come on you can do this , relax have a nice glass of wine and watch your favorite film .
I will let you know how i get on tomorrow if you do the same , were all on here together so lots of hugs , kisses and baby dust sending your way .

Suzy xx

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 7:33pm

Hi Suzy
Unfortunately have had to abandon the cycle and await my next period (real one, not this bleeding thing) and then await day 22, have an injection and start the progynova again. Very disappointed especially as Salome told me they'd found me a donor and that she was "almost ready".
Heavy sigh! At least have got time to lose a bit more weight and it'll be warmer in Alicante in April/May time....
Fingers crossed for tomorrow
Hope x

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 12:47pm

Hi Hope,
All went well today they are very helpful like you said , we felt very relaxed and they answered all my questions , I have had test today for the cd56 cd19 which are the killer cells I need to make sure i don't have any foreign bodies in me that are rejecting my DH sperm or even a embryo .
Not so good news though we will have to have IVF and at a cost of €6.500 its a lot , but we will find it. This year is my last chance to try as I am getting older now 41yrs but we still hope .
I am sorry to here you have had to cut it short never mind its for the best as you want a good outcome and not waste to much of your money so fingers crossed everything will be ok just a little reaction to the drug I would say .
Anyway I could be with you march /April as this is when we will try and go .

Good luck keep positive we will both get there this year baby dust your way starsmile

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 11:46pm

Thanks Suzy and glad u got on well at VH-did u see Dr Gomez?
Are you having "ordinary" IVF (I mean with your own eggs and that)?Good luck with it all-sending babydust to you too
Hope x

United Kingdom

Friday, February 20th 2009, 5:12pm

Hi Hope,

Yes I saw Dr Gomez really nice guy and salome was very helpful. Yes I hope to use my own eggs he doesn't think that will be a problem , I just have to raise the funds now , which i know i will but it may take time.
I hope all goes well for you to If you are staying around Alicante anytime and fancy coming my way you would be very welcome.
take care let me know how you get on .

Suzy

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:25pm

Actually I didn't see Dr Gomez-it was Dr Lloret!but he was nice!
Good luck with saving up-it's a nightmare funding all this isn't it.
Hope x

Debbie6

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 3:26pm

Hi to all
We are going for our first treatment at Vistahermosa on the 23 March, Salome has been very helpful, so looking forward to this cycle of treatment , have a positive, even excited feeling this time! It really does make a difference when you are treated properly! Good luck to everyone , hope to bump into some of you over there!

Hope
Thinking of you, it is so unsettling and very disappointing when things don't go according to plan, keep going, you will get there, try not to worry toooo much.

Lots of love
Debbie6
41 O+, DH 51 A-,unex infertility,TTC 10 years
L/scpy OK
IUI BFN
IVF 6 EC none fertilised
ICSI bodged BFN
ICSI 1 viable egg,fertilised 4 cells,BFN
ICSI D/E, 5 fert, 3 blasto, BFN

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 9:17pm

Good luck Debbie for the 23rd lets us know how you get on .

Suzy

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 10:16pm

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your kind words - I still haven't started bleeding again -would be just my luck to have started the menopause.....good luck on 23rd. Have you read my report of my visit? It's on the thread: Egg donation abroad - having scans/tests in UK

Hope x

Sky69

Reg: Apr 6th 2009

Children: UrVistahermo

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 4:08pm

Feedback

Hello,

I had my first appointment some days ago in UrVistahermosa

We had all the tests done and included in the price, including blood tets and a full gynae check. I think, I wasted a lot of time attending my local hospital and having arguments with my GP regarding costs. The also prescribed my drugs (Microdiol?)
I was very impressed with the organisation of the team, the unit was full and some couple were from other countries.

I look forward to hearing more when other couples visit the clinic.

Now.. am very excited!

Hope this is a help to you.

XX

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 8:25am

Hi Sky
Glad you decided to go to VistaHermosa-I agree that it's a great place.
When do you start taking your microdiol?
I am now on day 4 of progynova so I suppose we could be going to get our embryo within 2 weeks!!!
Hope x

Lilly71

Reg: Jan 30th 2009

Children: no children

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 3:46pm

I did it wrong!!..It was a reply , not new thread

Hi Hope,

Thank you for you reply, I have read all your posts.

I will start at the end of May, once I start my new menstruation.

Are you excited about the transfer?
xxxx
Lilly71

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 8:48pm

Hi Lily
Yes am a really excited but trying to keep it real-we have had so much disappointment on our journey so far (6 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs, knocked back for adoption)so we're trying not to obsess but one of my best friends just got PG with egg donation so at the back of my mind am excited!!!
Good luck for the end of May-you should join our almost daily posts on FIV Madrid!
Hope xx

missm

Reg: Apr 28th 2009

Friday, May 1st 2009, 7:55pm

Hi everyone

I'm at UR too. We started a cycle in March but unfortunately when I had my linning scan they saw what they think is a polyp. Now on a long waiting list to have it removed. Can't wait to get started again.
Good to hear of some success stories.

Good luck Hope I hope everything goes smoothly. When do you think you will be called for transfer?

Lily I was hoping that I too would start again in May but unfortunately, the good old NHS seems to want me to be patient :sadface:

I hope you all keep in touch, it very reassuring when you know others are going through the same thing as you at the same place

Best of luck to you all
love missm

Saturday, May 2nd 2009, 1:47pm

Hi missm

Sorry to hear about your suspected polyp-I had one removed during my IUI cycles but was living in NL at the time so only had to wait a couple of weeks for appointment.

Don't know when we'll get THE CALL-could be as early as next Monday (11th May) as that'll be my day 15.You know you said you went for a lining scan-did Vistahermosa recommend u did that or did u just do it for your own peace of mind? They haven't recommended it for me but I know most other clinics do and am wondering if I should go for one or not.Someone on one of the other boards recommended a place in London where they only (only?) charge £70.

Anyway, good luck with getting your polyp removed-how frsutrating is this whole business!!

Take care

Hope xx

missm

Saturday, May 2nd 2009, 9:07pm

No UR seemed quite relaxed about it. I just wanted to make sure. Not had any problems before but guess I'm just cautious.

Fingers crossed that you get the call soon. Be interesting to see how much notice you get.

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 7:46am

Thanks missm

I think I prob will get a scan to be on the safe side

Will keep u updated

Hope x

jude

Reg: May 6th 2009

Children: urvisthermos

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 4:41pm

intro

hi all

i have been reading the threads with interest and gratefulness - i am hoping to go to urvistahermosa for embryo donation - and i value all of your posts and insights so much - me and my partner are keeping this all private until it 'works' and if it doesn't, then we have less people to explain things to ... make sense? if it does work then we will be thrilled and very open with friends and family about how it all came about

anyway - just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me lurk here for the past few weeks :)

jude

missm

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 7:58pm

Hi and welcome jude
Do you have a date in mind when you are likely to go?

Hope - have you heard from the clinic yet?
Vivien

jude

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 8:14pm

am hoping to maybe go for first consultation in early june and then if all goes well go for transfer in autumn - we have a big trip to in july/aug of 3 weeks already booked - and it involves a lot of travel to tropical countries - so i thought it would be best to try after all that travel etc - maybe early sept?

i just bought pre-conception vits today and don't even know when to start them! have given up coffee this week and hoping to give up tea next week (eek) any advice on that front really valued!! (diet/lifestyle changes for ttc i mean!)

jude

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jude" (May 6th 2009, 8:15pm)

Lolo

Ace

Reg: Mar 18th 2009

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:29pm

Hi Jude,

I can understand giving up cigarettes, excessive amounts of alcohol, junk food, etc. but the main thing is that you're happy and relaxed so a few cups of coffee and tea a day is not going to do any harm what so ever. Neither is a glass or two of wine - as long as it's good quality wine free of nasty additives. I gave up caffeinated coffee as my calcium levels were rather low and a nutrition expert pointed out to me that caffeine "eats" calcium. That was the only change I ever made and three years later I'm still on caffeine free drinks. Taste wise I was actually never able to tell the difference. Food wise I go for as fresh and locally produced as possible but I have room for Friday night fish and chips :happy: Being healthy and happy - however you interpret that - will keep you young i.e. hopefully get you pregnant in the end.

All the best
:wine:
NB! It's important to relax

jude

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 9:41pm

hey Lolo

i totally agree! interesting what you were told about caffeine and calcium - i am hypothyroid (on thyroxine since age 27, 37 now, must get my tsh re-checked soon too!) and osteoporosis is a raised risk for me - so sounds like cutting back on caffeine might be a good idea anyway! i am planning on having a great time on holiday this summer (including a few cups of fabulous coffee where we are going!) and i agree that it's feeling 'alive' and having fun that matters :) i suppose i am just wanting to make as much an effort as possible - this is a one-off chance for me - long story that i won't go in to - but suffice to say, if this works - yay! if not, then i doubt we will be able to try again (insert long story here) and i will have to find a way to draw a line under this and 'move on' (whatever that means) one big thing i do need to do is lose a few pounds - i am overweight with bmi of 29 and have lost some weight but every little helps - thankfully i have never smoked, only drink occasionally (good wine and the odd beer) and am a vegetarian - i do go to a herbalist in co tyrone and he is excellent (got my periods restarted after 5 years missing!) so i am hoping he will get some good 'stuff' into my system to give me a good shot !

jude

Lolo

Ace

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 10:07pm

Hi Jude,

Yes you are a little on the heavy side one might say but keep up the weight loss and I bet you you'll get pregnant immediately. I'm considering a careerswitch to fitness and nutrition - I love motivating people to exercise and lead an overall healthy lifestyle with room for indulgence :P

Must go to be now as have to get up early tomorrow. Hopefully my little man will sleep peacefully all night in his own cot. He's had a bad cold hence difficulty breathing when lying down poor little thing.

jude

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 11:38pm

i like your thinking Lolo!

healthy lifestyle with room for indulgence! hope your wee boy feels better very soon x

jude

Lolo

Ace

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 9:02pm

Isn't life just all about being naughty :P

Have been abroad for a few days but am back in action. My little man is still poorly and refuses to eat which is frustrating beyond belief. He sleeps well however which is good. Always trade-offs!!!! How's the baby journey going? Are you still positive about it all and hanging in there?

Sky69

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 8:14am

ET

Hello!

Salome contacted me yesterday and I have my ET on Saturday ...I am very excited, but I am getting nervous, if it doesn´t work.

Fingers crossed.

xxxx

Lolo

Ace

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 9:15pm

Dear Sky,

Wow, how exciting. It'll work - that's what you have to believe. Despite that we still have to be brutally realistic about the possibility of a negative outcome. The name of the game. Are you signed up for the package of three attempts or are you doing one by one?

Good luck and big hugs.

xoxo

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 10:31pm

Hi Sky-wow that was fast!!!seems like only last week u were contemplating which clinic to try.sending u oodles of babydust,!!!

I went for a scan in London today and the gynae told me my lining was v thick (it's 11mm) which he didn't think was too good but Salome rang me minutes after I'd emailed her the report to say that it was fine (altho I was in noisy restaurant and couldn't really hera her properly-will ring her back in the morning) and that my transfer was "really soon"!!!

The UK gynae (I haven't seen him before) seemed to be worried that I might be wasting my money as if the lining's that thick there's less space in the cavity for the embryo (or something)and that a healthy endometrium would have 3 layers but that mine was so thick that he couldn't detect the layers.

Anyway he's going to ring me tomorrow after he's spoken to a colleague who's a fertility expert (he's a regular gynae)so will wait and see what he says-remembering of course that not all doctors agree and it's just another opinion.

The thing is, we've come this far and at nearly 43 I can't see how else we're going to get a baby so we will probably go ahead anyway. How many hoops do we girls have to jump through??? It's all so difficult.....

Anyway Sky, let us know how it goes

Hope xx

missm

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 11:06pm

Sky -all the best for Saturday. You must be so excited - do let us know how it goes and we will try to keep ou sane in the madness of the 2ww !!

Hope - I'm sure you hav nothing to worry about, I'm sure mine was around that when I went on to have my little boy. How many days have you been on progynova now?

Missym

jude

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 12:04am

Sky

wow! thinking of you for saturday! and hoping it all goes really well - then it's on to the 2ww :)

jude

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 6:25am

Hi missy m
Thanks for saying that-I am going to speak to VistaH properly this morning and I will also pore over the internet obsessively googling thick lining etc etc
Hope x

Sky69

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 6:58am

Thanks

Hi Girls,

I have been very busy these days...Yesterday I received the results of my blood test and I am PREGNANT! POSITIVE!
I can´t believe it, after so many years....

Thanks so much for your support and I will keep in touch, as you have been my family during this months.

Best wishes!

Sky69

jude

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 10:33am

yahoo! sky :) so so SO pleased to hear you are pregnant!!! congratulations does not even begin to say it!! :) am just grinning from ear to ear :)

jude

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 12:41pm

Hey Sky-what brillian news-I bet you can hardly believe it!
How many embryos did you have put back?might it be twins?did they tell u anything about the quality(we had 3 put back in VH yesterday and were told they were B/C
Hope u have a happy and healthy pregnancy-let us know how it goes won't u
Hope xx

missm

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 7:49pm

RE: Thanks

Hi Sky

BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS so pleased for you and so encouraging for the rest of us. Enjoy enjoy enjoy .... bet you can't wait for the scan now.

Do let us know all the details, did you get any frosties, what grades were the embies etc.

Well done you, I'm just so happy for you.....

missm

babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust

Sky69

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 4:42pm

RE: Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks Girls!

They transferred 3 blastocysts(2 -Grade 1), but I am pretty sure one is discharged, because the third embryo quality was Grade 3..

They wanted to freeze 2 remaining embryos, but they could freeze just one embryo.

I will have a scan in two weeks time and I will let you know more details.

Girls, patience! our dream is possible!

xxxx
Sky

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 11:33pm

Wow! That's great Sky-when u say grade 3 do u mean C?we were told all 3 of our embryos were grade B/C. How do u know one has discharged? Have u passed some blood?
Are you feeling sick?I have felt sick since before the transfer from the drugs (progesterone I think)and have had a headache all day today (I never normally get headaches) but of course I think it's far too early to get any symptoms!!
Hope x

jude

Friday, June 12th 2009, 10:00am

Hope - when is your official test day again??? i am so so sending all the most fertile etc vibes your way :)

how are you coping with the 2ww so far?

Sky - still smiling about your great news!

jude

Friday, June 12th 2009, 6:27pm

Hi Jude
Official test day is 22 June but that's 2 weeks after transfer rather than 2 weeks after egg retrieval so think I'll go for former which will be 18 June-coincidentally and significantly my birthday!
I am feeling AWFUL-I have a terrible headache all the time and feel sick and the ugesterone tablets are so yukky and messy!luckily am on way home from work and am now on hols for a week-off to France on Sunday-hurrah!!
Hope x

Lolo

Ace

Friday, June 12th 2009, 9:28pm

Sky, that is absolutely fantastic news. Congratulations and enjoy every minute. Indulge in your pregnancy - it'll be amazing even when suffering from "morning" sickness.

Hope, don't test till you've been asked to. You'll just be at much higher risk of getting a false negative unless you go for a bloodtest in which case they can tell for sure two weeks after fertilisation. And stop worrying about the quality of your eggs. If it's meant to be it's meant to be and you may just have some real little fighters on board. Hang in there girl and it'll happen.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE