You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jodie

Megastar

• "Jodie" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:32am

** TRYING AGAIN CHATTER **

Hello everyone!

Its been suggested that the TA ladies have their own general chatter thread, similar to some of the other boards on FZ! So here we are!

This can be a place for us to chat about how we all feel about trying again, have a moan when we need to, compare notes, get to know each other better and support each other when support is needed!

Look forward to chatting to you and getting to know you all.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:59pm

RE: ** TRYING AGAIN CHATTER **

:hi: jodie - and thx for this thread eeyore x

well my eldest is 10 in a few weeks and me youngest is gonna be 5 in the summer. we have such a big age gap between our two and the gap would be the same should we get pg again and i worry about how all this would work... (also mindful of the fact that we may not get pg again and feeling incredibly sad that my boys will only ever have each other :( )

we are trying naturally for a while to save for further tx - dh has started taking his vits again and me mine. we are slowly changing our eating habits and feel quite positive that we can easily tick over like this for a while. we got pg naturally with our eldest and at that stage (obviously) were not aware of any fertility issues (ie did he have a poor count then but we just got lucky or did his count deterioirate from then mmmmmmm )

sorry am waffling :snigger: only wanted to pop in and say "hi" xx
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

sumayyah

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Children: ruqayyah born in 2005 at 25 weeks

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:01pm

hi all

im TTC number 2, not been trying long. am taking my suppliments and trying to get my metformin back ( i have pcos ) have also swapped to organic foods where possible and am filtering my water ( something i read in a book ) have just got my af ( was several weeks late, was starting to think maybe i was despite bfn on tests ) but at least i know where i am now

anyway just wanted to say hello

mum to ruqayyah concieved on clomid born at 25 weeks

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:44pm

Hi everyone

Can i join in? I am trying :rolleyes: to take a laid back approach to all this TTC No 2 business but it is hard isn't it :sadface: i have a check up at the end of this month and if it is all clear that is 3 consecutive scans all clear so i am hoping my Gynae-Oncologist will let me try acupuncture to regulate my cycles and encourage ovulation - this is the only thing i can do at the moment as we are gearing up for one last IVF sometime, maybe :rolleyes: but due to my history i would have to have a hysterectomy if the cycle failed or if it worked, straight after a birth as if i stimulate my ovary it has to be removed asap to avoid the risk of cancer returning if you see what i mean :rolleyes: so until that time we can try naturally with natural assistance (through Acu hopefully) my cycles are around 60 days at the moment so am hoping i can get them shorter and regular :D

We're so elated to have our baby and are thankful for him everyday. And if it is just us that is fantastic, but i am 26 and feel so sad that i could have my chances of ever extending my family taken away so early in my life. My health is important though and the family i have now :D

Look forward to chatting to you all!

Pots
x

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:51pm

This is a great thread.

Just wanted to pop by and wish you all with your 'trying again' tx and never give up!

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Jodie

Megastar

Monday, January 19th 2009, 12:29am

Hi everyone!

Pots - good to see you on the TA section - wishing you a speedy journey to no. 2.

Claire - welcome to FZ! I hope you'll like it here!

Soooz - sorry you're feeling blue about your situation. Its so hard when you want something so desperately and yet it feels so our your reach isn't it?

Donz - a TA success! Cannot believe you're 25 weeks already - the time is flying by!

Hopefully this thread will be busy and we'll have lots of ladies around to give each other support. I was lucky and my TA dream came true last year (and that's us done now - 2 is definitely enough!) but I'll still be around for lots of chatting etc!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Soooz

Star

Monday, January 19th 2009, 10:33am

i really did think that having my children i wouldn't feel the need for another so desperately... but i sometimes think we want it again because we've had it before.... we know the problems and pitfalls the worries and the chaos but we've also experienced the joy and happiness and the feelings of love having a child brings... so we are a little more realistic about what having a child means and no matter what we still want it. we've also learnt so much with our other children that experience must help with raising subsequent children.

Jodie

Megastar

Monday, January 19th 2009, 12:55pm

I think you're right Soooz - you know how fantastic it can be so of course you want more of it!

My thing was that I was so desperate for E to have a sibling - her own little person, no matter what. She's the only little one in our whole family so I worried and worried about that!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

ashleyh

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 1:48pm

Hi everyone,
What a fantastic idea to have this thread, its hard to deal with the guilt of being so incredibly lucky whilst still hoping for a bigger family!
I have two very special ICSI babies, born 2006 and 2007, and am now back starting the 6th cycle of ICSI. Finding each cycle harder.
Feel so blessed to have my two, not sure we are doing the right thing, we both want more but it just consumes you,doesn't it?
Anyone else feel so torn?
Doubly blessed with two beautiful, amazing babies!!!!
TTC 3,just started ICSI no 6

Jodie

Megastar

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 3:42pm

Hi Ashley! Nice to see you here!

Its hard isn't - the mixture of emotions of feeling grateful but also guilty!

My situation was slightly different - DD1 conceived naturally and IVF for DD2. Although I probably would have thought about 3 if things were straightforward, they're not, so we've called it quits at 2!

I admire you going through ICSI for the 6th time to fulfill your dreams - you must be a very determined lady! I hope it works for you.

Have you found the cycle buddy chatter threads? Ladies going through treatment at the same time - lots of advice, support and laughter!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Zoe20

Reg: Jan 18th 2009

Friday, January 23rd 2009, 2:13pm

Hi All

I have a son 11 in July. been ttc for 4 years now. Had loads of tests done at Jessops, they showed that DH SA showed no sperm in wet prep. told us that ICSI is best for us, but surely DI would be better if DH has no sperm. I miscarried 3yrs ago at 18weeks. I have been thinking about egg Donation, to reduce the cost of treatment, as we are not in a postion to afford full price :O .
Hope to speak to you all soon and good luck everyone :D

Zoe

Jodie

Megastar

Friday, January 23rd 2009, 8:23pm

Hi Zoe, welcome to the TA section and the chatter thread!

I don't know much about ICSI - I think that sperm can sometimes be extracted and used in ICSI - have you posted on the male factor board? One of the girls there will DEFINITELY be able to fill you in on the whys and hows!

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/board.php?boardid=3

I haven't looked into egg share much but we do have ladies on FZ who've done it and I'm sure would be happy to answer any questions. Have you spoken to your clinic about it?

Look forward to sharing your journey with you.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Soooz

Star

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 9:35pm

:hi: a quick question... which is the best way to monitor your cycle ? i have tried using lh tests but they are not showing i'm ovulating which i must do as i have periods every 35 days.... any suggestions?

Reg: Feb 11th 2007

Children: My children are wonderful!

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 10:46pm

keeping an eye on cervical mucus (cm) is a good way.

Me 39, DH 40 Children, Lucy and DS (7)
Lucy lost in car accident 8th April 2002
TTC 6 years - ICSI x 4 - :BFN: x 4

Spider's Diary

Jodie

Megastar

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 11:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Soooz
:hi: a quick question... which is the best way to monitor your cycle ? i have tried using lh tests but they are not showing i'm ovulating which i must do as i have periods every 35 days.... any suggestions?

You could have day 21 progesterone bloods - these will show if you've ovulated. You'd need to discuss that with your GP.

I know this sounds silly but do you actually have to ovulate to get a period? I know that when I was on clomid that I still had a period even when I knew I hadn't had any follies that cycle.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Le-anne

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Friday, January 30th 2009, 7:14pm

Hey

Hey all :)

Just wanted to check in and find out how everybody is doing?

I have started my first week on placement this week (I'm doing a social work degree) so have been crazy busy which is good because it takes my mind off of babies which is all i seem to be able to think about lately. I have my scan beginning of march which will hopefully give me a better idea of what is going on and why I'm not having periods but until then its just more waiting :(

Anyhoo on the up side my darling oh is whisking me away to Paris this weekend and I cant wait! Good food, wine, relaxation and plenty of early nights ;) Who knows maybe a miracle will happen.......

Hope the rest of you are all doing well

Love Le-anne x

hotlips

Reg: Feb 2nd 2009

Children: Daughter aged 4.

Monday, February 2nd 2009, 10:25pm

Hi everyone. So good to know there are some people who can relate to what secondary infertility brings. Friends try to understand but its hard if they have not been through it .

Been trying for number 2 for 2 years. Conceieved DD on clomid - she was born 2004 - trouble free pregnancy. Been on clomid again - no luck. Now having ovulation induction. Going for regular scans but still no major developments - it is so hard being patient! Especially when your child is growing so quickly in front of your eyes . Been having acupuncture ' doing exercise class , eating healthily etc. I am grateful everyday for my little miracle - but the longing for another child is so great and it tends to take over my life at times . :rolleyes:

Love and hugs to you all - may 2009 be the year for us all.

Hotlips xxx
Hotlips xxx :O

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 8:55pm

Hi everyone

As a team and as a forum, we would like to support Sperm Scientist whose clinic is in danger of losing NHS funding for IUI.

** ALL MEMBERS PLEASE! **

We would really appreciate it if you could take two minutes to download the letter in the above thread and send to the FREEPOST address at the top. Sperm Scientist has been an amazing support to FertilityZone and we would be so grateful if you could help her in return.

Many thanks

The Team!
x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

keza36

Reg: Jul 10th 2009

Children: Queens Hosp

Friday, July 10th 2009, 10:11pm

doing it all again

Hi, I have joined the forum today, so i am new to this, but your post caught my eye, as i also have a ten year old boy, and a 5yr old girl, we are trying for a third, i have been lucky to havetwo IUI's with both children and a positive result both first time, I have been on clomid since April this year, as this is the only drug that is offered to me free of charge on the Nhs, I have just had my first IUI yesterday, and now have to wait the dreaded two weeks before testing! Have you had any treatment yet? I have heard of secondary fertility before, it's really strange isnt it, I hope you have a positive result soon. good luck
keza

Jodie

Megastar

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 12:12am

Hi Keza, welcome to FZ! I hope you have a lovely result at the end of your 2WW! And that you don't go crazy, waiting to test! :P

Most of the TA ladies are having/have had treatment. I was on clomid for 5 months with zilch result, but then had a lovely postive result on my first IVF. My nearly 9 month old is now asleep upstairs in the room opposite her 4 year old sister!

Anyway, let us know how you get on. Here's a link to the current 2WW chatter thread, if you fancy popping in and sharing the madness!

** JUNE/JULY 09 2WW CHAT - NO BFP/BFN POSTS/CHAT PLEASE **

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Jun 21st 2007

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 8:40pm

CM watch alert

Hi all,

How are you girls doing? Hope all is going well. I have started the old CM watch. We are not going live yet if you will (using condoms at the mo) coz i blame my self for not letting my body recover from the pill for my miscarrage. So we are waiting for three clear cycles before we start trying. Last time I could not get my periods back for 8 months and then had the very sad miscarriage. I am now on day 13 of my first cycle and still no CM change. I hope sooooo much i get my period back soon. I did not really want to go back on the pill but you kind of get pressured back into contraception after you have a natural pregnancy, did any one eles get that?
How are you guys doing, any one eles on the dreaded CM watch ?

x x x x

Jodie

Megastar

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 10:06pm

Hi GL! Its a bit quiet in here at the moment so you might find yourself just talking to me for a while! Sure others will be along at some point!

I waited 3 clear cycles after coming off the pill when TTC DD1, as that's what we'd been told to do! It worked, and I conceived the first month after that!

I didn't go back on the pill after that, although weirdly part of my IVF protocol was to put me on the pill for a bit (to relax my ovaries apparently?!).

Sounds like you're being really sensible to me. Are you going to use OPKs?

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Jun 21st 2007

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 10:17pm

Hi Jodie,

Glad it worked for you, there is method in my madness then :happy:.
I have decided not to use prediction kits as i dont want to become too obsessed with it. I became very stressed out when my periods stopped for 8 months and tried all these prediction things and became quite unhealthly obessed, which became part of the probleme i believe. So i am going on the good old CM cycle which worked the times i have been pregnant. I hope the fact that i have only been on the pill again for just over a year will mean my body will return to a normal cycle soon. Am on day 13 since my first withdrawl bleed after finishing the pill and am feeling a bit bloated and slightly grumpy ?( almost pre menstral, no change in CM still stickey and white (sorry for the tmi). Does ovulation some times feel pre menstral?

x x x

Jodie

Megastar

Friday, July 17th 2009, 8:54am

Quoted

Originally posted by graceylou
Does ovulation some times feel pre menstral?

x x x

I don't know really. I guess it varies from girl to girl. I know with me I usually get egg white CM and a pain in tummy - ovary working to pop out the egg I guess! (should add that I don't really ovulate these days - have only had 2 months like this since having A!)

I think probably there's info on the TTC naturally section. Will go and find a link for you!

x

** TTC NATURALLY CHATTER **

This is a link to the trying naturally chatter thread

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/board.php?boardid=156

And this is a link to the trying naturally section. There's some info here on charting too which you may find useful.

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

k377y

UNREGISTERED

• "k377y" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 24th 2008

Friday, August 14th 2009, 10:50am

Hello......just wanted to introduce myself

Im Kelly and I am desperately trying to concieve baby number two.....Im on clomid and am currently on my fifth cycle of the dreaded stuff. I have one to go. It was difficult to catch with my first son and took a long time. It was natural conception that time but I was younger and my endo probably wasn't as bad as it is now.

Anyway thats me......look forward to catching up with other mummy's trying again xxx

Jodie

Megastar

Friday, August 14th 2009, 8:16pm

Hi Kelly! Nice to see you on the TA chatter thread! We all understand the longing for another child.

I did 5 cycles of clomid before I went to IVF. Evil stuff isn't it!?

Its a bit quiet in here at the moment! So here's the link to the clomid chicks thread which I think is a lot busier currently in case you want to find others to share horror clomid stories with!

** CLOMID CHICKS **

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: 1 DD - 2005

Friday, November 20th 2009, 7:49am

Hi All!
Just wondering if anyone is around here? I am going to be trying again for No 2 starting DR in mid December. This will be my 6th Fresh cycle in total, first was a BFP and obviously since then all BFN's. I feel very excited and wondered if there is anyone else 'trying again' going to be cycling around the same time. I like the idea of a cycle buddy!

Jan 05:BFP:
2007 - 2010 - 7 x :BFN:
DD 5yrs Old - Time to [zx103]

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 2:28pm

Hi all, just thought I'd say hello as we're staring ttc no. 2 at the moment. Still in that stage of trying to be calm about it and not obsess with cycle monitoring etc etc but it's so hard. I've never conceived naturally before but here's hoping the first time will be soon. Good to chatter with others in the same boat just like it was the first time, thanks fz.
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 4:37pm

hi Caz,
Good Luck with TTC No 2.... I too am going for No 2, but not naturally. That door has closed for me. Am due to start DR mid december hopefull ET early/mid Jan. Lots of babydust to us all and let's hope for siblings for our LO's!
Good luck!

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Thursday, November 26th 2009, 12:11pm

hi everyone! my name is poppy im 33 my DH is 34, i am very lucky to have 2 children DS 11 and DD is 8 both from my first marrige. i have been ttc no 3 for 2 years (i spent a few years on deproprovera needless to say it really messed up my body) and took over 12 months for af to return, so in effect we have been waiting to ttc for 3 years.
my dh has had 2 s/a both within normal range, i have had several scans and tests all clear. we have been told it secondary unexplained infertility. oh joy, i have done 3 rounds of clomid, im having a time out from the clomid because we are trying to work out if my body can do it on its own, we know im ov'ing but my doc say with my cd21 tests been so rubbish im not going to do it on my own! oh more joy, i have another 3 rounds of clomid to do (but waiting til after xmas)
im usually hanging out with the clomid chicks, but i guess at the moment im feeling a bit lost. so if anyone wants a chat...... hello!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Thursday, November 26th 2009, 2:06pm

Hi Poppy,
Sorry you are feeling lost. It has hard sometime knowing where to go! You sound like you have been having a really hard time. And clomid sounds like no fun at all. I think it is harder when you don't know why it is not working. I for instance have a reason...and can just get on with whatever I need to do. You are constantly having to wonder why and live in hope each month....I am sorry for you. We are here whenever you need a chat or a shoulder. Good luck hun, may the near future bring you no 3!

Thursday, November 26th 2009, 11:07pm

thank you so much erkani :D . i guess we all get low days, its just this time im finding a bit harder to pull myself up. we have been put on an 8 month waiting list to go and see the consultants for iui. but have now been told by our gp that it is a waste of time and she does not know why the firtility clinic has reffered us because we wont get it anyway i guess i just feel like we are getting messed about. i just feel like i am letting my lovely dh down X(
if i say that out loud he will kick me up my bum! :snigger:

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Friday, November 27th 2009, 1:37pm

Hey Poppy,
We're unexpained too, it sucks doesn't it. I often think how awful I'm being to kind of want something wrong but sometimes just wish there was something specific I could pin it all on and hopefully treat. Fingers crossed for all of us, maybe we'll get extra special Christmas pressies in the form of BFPs.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Friday, November 27th 2009, 1:45pm

Hi Caz and Poppy,
I imagine it must be really hard when no one can give you a reason. Often it helps us to deal with something if we just know why.
Poppy, I really don't know what to say about your GP saying that. Have you been intouch with the clinic you have been referred to? Are you in a position to be able to go for a private consultation? That would speed things up a bit for you for sure. You seem to have been left in limbo land. As if the TTC is not hard enough without this added confusion.
I am getting quite excited as I have just got my prescriptuion to get my meds for my final attempt for No2. It should all be kicking off mid December for ET mid January. I am very excited and feeling very positive. So if you need any PMA sending over, I am your girl!
Good luck girlies....may christmas and 2010 bring us all our dreams!

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 5:59pm

i am going to phone the clinic, but if im honest i keep putting it off incase they tell us no you cant have the iui. im cd 28 today and af has arrived, so next cycle i am going to start my last 3 cycles of clomid :sadface:. (not going to start it til xmas is over!) i want to enjoy xmas!! after that i dont know, i suppose we will have to think about going private hopefully it wont come to that! it is a lot of stress, and at some point you have to take a deep breath and think hard about the effect all this has on everyone else not just me and dh, its all tough on the kids too. because no matter how much we try to protect them from it, the stress does filter through. so come march if we dont have our bfp. we will have to decide what is the best step to take for all of us!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 6:42am

Hi Poppy,
I couldn't agree more. I have struggled each time with my IVF's it has been emotionally draining and for sure each time has had an effect on my dd. I am giving it one more go and then the door is closed for me. I had 2 x hydrosalpinx, but even between treatments I would hope and pray for a miracle BFP....even that emotionally drained me each month. Well as you can see by my ticker I got rid of the tubes. That was partly to help me close the door should this last attempt not work. I desperately need to move on and stop letting this be the focus of my life. I have a wonderful dd who deserves my full attention! So here I am now, giving it my last shot...which incidetally i feel very positive abotu and feel sure is going to be a ig success.... wow that was a long post, i just really wanted to say, Poppy I hear what you are saying.
Big hugs to you all!

Friday, December 18th 2009, 3:30pm

hi everyone! how are we all doing?? everyone ready for xmas!?? Im not!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 2:56pm

Nearly!! Just a couple more pressies to buy and I am good to go!!! Few more mince pies to make and christmas can come!

Jodie

Megastar

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 1:42pm

Hello! Nice to see this thread being used again! Hope that 2010 is a great year for you all!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 3:46pm

been a while since anyone posted in here. I always thought 1 would be enough but it isnt. I guess after going through a whole pregnancy its hard to accept it may never happen again.
I dont think a number 2 will ever happen for us, We can no way afford to self fund and the chances of a natural are very very low. Iv had 1 normal AF since birth of my DS and am hoping to start using clearblue monitor on day 1 of my next cycle. Although I feel it in my heart there will be no others its not going to stop me trying.
I love my DS so much and am grateful everyday we were lucky and had a 1st time lucky ICSI to give us our little miracle.

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 4:09pm

Hiya Pamela
It is hard thinking that this will be it eh! I hope you get your dream natural miracle. I have been on a mission since my dd was born in 2005 to get a sibling for her, so far no luck, but I haven't thrown in the towel yet. We have been fortunate to be able to pay private, a lot of family help and a lot of no holidays etc! I am not 100% yet, but I am thinking of giving it another shot. Although, I think after 5 BFN's it''s a long shot to expect a BFP!
I hope you get your No2 hun! I really do.

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 4:50pm

Thanks hun

Its good to know your still trying and you never know this next one could be the one. Im trying hard not to get consumed by thoughts and trying to take a laid back approach to it all, Probably thinking about it now as I know I will be more fertile following the birth and might be able to help Dh's swimmers a bit. I guess after a while though I will just have to accept it. It would take us a lifetime saving for another go.

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 6:29pm

Pammy, as my friend always tells me (who incidentally also was not able to have a second child due to repeated m/c's), 'What's for us, won't go past us'. I hope you do get your natural miracle. They do happen sweetie so just keep at it!!!

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 11:57pm

:hugs: Thanks hun and I pray you get yours too.

I knew a woman who was told she would have 3 children, After he first years and years passed with no luck, She didnt believe in "interfering with nature" and so let it be havnig faith it would happen on its own. 13 years later she had a completely painless labour and gave birth to a set of identical twin girls. She got her 3 children and never gave up hope. Its such a touching story

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 11:59am

Hey ladies, I am popping in here hoping to find some ladies in the same boat.....and there you are :cheese:

We too are trying again but like you Pammy, are unable to afford another cycle of TX so I am trying to monitor my cycle but without much success as since stopped BF I have been having 10-14 day cycles ?( . I am just about to have some bloods tested but cannot say that we are trying due to zero funding from PCT.

I know what you mean about not being able to accept that you will not go through pg and child birth again, it was such an amazing experience and Will is such a delight that it breaks my heart to think he will never have a little brother or sister. That said, if nothing happens, I have the most amazing little boy who makes me laugh every day.

Good luck to you all blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 9:28pm

Hi Ali,
I know what you mean about the heartbreak of thinking you will never go through that again. My heart breaks a lot these days as my dd is constantly talking about have a little brother or sister. Everyone comments on how she would be just a fantastic big sister. She ADORES babies. She is constantly walking around with a baby up her jumper being pregnant! She even came home from school the other day and said that she was talking to the teacher about how she really wants a baby from mummies tummy. I have a feeling the teacher might have planted that.....not so subtle these Italians when it comes to reproducing! It does break my heart, and I will do everything I possibly can to make it happen but at the end of the day, as you say, we are very very blessed to be able to call ourselves mums. I often have to remind myself to live in the present and not obsess about the potential future. I do hope though that you get your No 2... i don-t think we are really asking a lot out of life to ask for another child.

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 10:44pm

Oh what a sweetheart, it must be really hard for you :hugs:

You have such a healthy attitude that I am sure your dream will come true and your little girl is a credit to you.

Good luck, x

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 9:35pm

Well Im due to come on any day now and I know its coming the backache, bloating. Why do I feel sad? DS is only 4 months old and he is still a little baby. I feel so greedy I really do. I think this may be only time we might get lucky is straight after the birth and I should be enoying my son(which I really really am) not thinking about when Im ovulating/due/was that an AF cramp/what cycle day am I on now?

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 6:22am

Pammy,
I know what you mean about trying to focus on the present and not on the possible future. It is important that you really try to though as those first days of motherhood are so special and those special little people of ours change so quickly...and you can't get that time back. I have had a hard time sometimes keeping my feelings and obsession of wanting another child in check. It is hard, but really necessary....don't waste a minute with ds...he is the present, the here and now!

Pootle

Megastar

• "Pootle" started this thread

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 8:55pm

Hi Pam

Just quickly popping in to say you're not greedy lovely. And you're not ungrateful. Took me a long time to realise I wasn't being greedy by wanting another child and a sibling for my DD1, and I think there are people I know who still think I was ungrateful for DD1 and of course I wasn't.

I know its hard when you want something as much as this, to focus on other things and I can totally relate to becoming obsessed by TTC but Erkani is right though, you need to enjoy your DS as much as possible and drink in every minute because they're little for such a short time. And if you eventually have another baby, you won't relive your DS's early days because it'll be different because it'll be a different little person! Does that make any sense!?

Its good to see this chatter thread active again - I hope your dreams come true.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE