You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "meadyhumm" started this thread

Reg: Dec 20th 2008

Children: leeds/bradfo

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 10:32pm

Christmas IUI HELP!!

Hi ladies, Ive never posted on here before but I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who's AF will be due around xmas! and are to start IUI?

It will be our first attempt so already stressing out about that and to top it all its due on xmas day!!

Also I am a bit unsure what will happen, the hospital is closed on xmas day and boxing day, and when I asked them they just said we will see what happens! whenever I ask questions I seem to get no answers I just feel like another number to them sometimes!

We are have to pay for the treatment, so we got all the drugs sent to us the other day Ill be taking pregnal x1 and menopur x10 is this a normal dosage? Ive had no consultation since been put on the list for IUI in August.

We have been ttc for 5 years now and I feel like its never going to happen sometimes its so nice to see other people in the same boat as it were!! My DP just tells me it will happen and to go with the flow but its very hard!

anyway sorry for the long post!

helen

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 1:52pm

Welcome to :FZ: Helen

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

Hopefully someone who has IUI experience will come along soon and be able to answer your questions - sorry I can't help with them.

blowkiss

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 3:22pm

i understand your worry

i am assuming you will need a scan on day 1 to 3 of af. are they just closed crimbo and boxing day?

have you got a treatment plan?

it is so very hard to go with the flow and i think that they should help you understand what is gona happen, if you feel you didn't get an answer ask again.
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

esha

Star

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: 2 boys and awaiting 3rd baby

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 3:35pm

:hi:

even if you have AF on xmas day it's ok you need to have scan between day 2 - 5 so you don't need to worry. Clinics are closed on weekends and I hado call my hospital on the monday to tell them. and they called me in the next day for my scan. You don't need to worry. If you ever need help just ask questions we'll help you.

Also why don't you join us girls in the iui chit chat room. You'll get lots of support from ladies who going through the same thing.
"There is NO such thing as failure, just deferred success"

My Son was born on 16/08/09 weighing at 5lbs

Baby Esha's Diary

• "meadyhumm" started this thread

Reg: Dec 20th 2008

Children: leeds/bradfo

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 3:37pm

Hi
I phoned the hospital this morning, and Im am well and truly fed up. I asked what would happen should AF start on xmas day, only to be told that its likely it wont happen at all due to Leeds will be closed until the 5th of Jan. (I asked this when we were first told it would be December's AF) and I was told then that would not be a problem. Now ive got totally different answers again.

Im so annoyed with it all I just feel like we dont matter to them.

I told them how difficult they are making it for me I actually burst into tears on the phone, why couldnt they just say in the first place they Knew all along that my AF joins me at the end of the month.

So now Ive still not got a clue and have been told to ring them anyway so they know whats going on! And to top it all if it is next month we wont be able to do it then because my DP is going away for that week! so the end of FEB it will be!!!!!

Could my life be any more stressful!

Helen

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, December 23rd 2008, 10:09am

Hey there Helen

So sorry to hear your being messed about, it's so frustrating and I really feel for you hun! Try not to get too stressed, easier said than done! Like Esha said come and join us IUI ladies here IUI CHITTER CHATTER and we will help you while away the days!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE