You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Wee Janey" started this thread

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 8:56pm

Is it worth a shot?

Hi all,

I have so far had 8 cycles of clomid (7 at 50mgs with only 3 ovulations and 1 at 100mgs with no ovulation).

I was told to stop after the failed 8th attempt at 100mgs with no ovulation (day 21 was 2), however i still have enough drugs left for 1 or 2 (depending on dose) cycles.

basically what im asking is, is it worth trying again on the clomid before i start IVF (prob March) but would be unmonitored (as clinic said to stop).

I know it prob sounds silly to be thinking of doing this, been on my mind for a few months now and time is runing out before IVF, i know the obvious answer is no its just stupid and potentially dangerous but wanted to ask.

thanks in advance

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 9:19pm

Hi Jane, the advice here is to do what the clinic say, it would be unwise to do an unmonitored Clomid cycle hun. I am puzzled why they haven't tried you on a higher dose though, just to see if that works, but they must have their reasons.
We'll be here with you through the IVF, I hope you don't have to wait long until you can start hun xxx

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 9:58pm

Short answer, no please please don't take it unmonitored.

But Ros has a good point and it might be worth you asking the clinic if you can have a monitored cycle on it whilst you wait for the IVF to start.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "Wee Janey" started this thread

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 8:48am

Hiya,

Thanks for the replies, I know you are right - just one of those things which has been going round and round my head for months now.

I did ask to do another monitored cycle but they said it would not be worth it - only likely that clomid would work if i had an ovulation trigger shot which they dont do at that clinic.

Thanks again - have come to my senses (suppose just needed someone else to tell me not to do it), just hard doing nothing whilst on IVF waiting list.

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 8:55am

:P
Hi sweetie, I am similar too you, i am just about to start month 10 of clomid, was given it for a year, hate every mini off it, ive decided to not take the last 2 months, give my body a break and get ready for either IUI or IVF in Feb.......good luck with anything you decide!
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE