You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nermeen

• "nermeen" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2008

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 8:39pm

Should I worry now?

Hi gals

I have been reading much on immunological infertility I have a few questions and hope someone can answer them.
I have been ttc for over 5 years now, i ovulate regularly, no hormone issues, no physical issues, clear lap and hysteroscopy, I am just going through my first IUI with injectables of Follistim 150iu and Ovidrel.
I do believe i have a CM issue, since I have never had clear mucus, it is always thick, lotiony but always creamy in color... I haven't had a post coital to confirm.

Question: If I've never been pregnant EVER should I worry about having an immunological problem like NK cells and CD19...etc?

Let's say I've sperm antibodies, i understand they are produced by the cervix... would they be available in the uterus and tubes as well?

let's say I don't have sperm antibodies, is it impossible for at least one sperm to go through my thick mucus and be enough to have gotten me pregnant before?

Are there any symptoms to having an immunological problem, say for example, rarely get sick for example or always catching the flu or have a seasonal allergy...etc

Thanks and waiting for your replies
Me:24 DH:28 TTC 5+yrs
DX with Unexplained infertility
IUI #1- BFP 12/26/08

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "nermeen" (Dec 21st 2008, 8:41pm)

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 9:55am

RE: Should I worry now?

Hi Nermeen

Welcome to FZ :D

I don't have an answer to your question about whether you could have immune issues, you would not know for certain without testing. I do know that not being able to conceive could be an issue but its not a definate.

My advice to you is to get the Alan Beer book "Is your body baby friendly". Everything you need / want to know about immune issues / testing is in here. Also take a look above at the 5 categories of immune issues, this will help.

I do have several immune issues and would not have discovered them without the testing. I can say that I rarely get ill. The last time I was ill was over a year ago with a bad cold, other than that nothing. Alan Beer says this rings alarm bells when a person says they never get ill but again it doesn't confirm that you would have problems.

Have a read of the book and let us know how you are feeling then. Do you live in the US? I imagine if you do it will certainly be easier to get tested than over here and cheaper too although I don't believe some of it is covered by the medical insurance.

If you have any questions please give us a shout.

xx
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

nermeen

Thursday, December 25th 2008, 5:35pm

Hi Blondie
thanks for the reply.

I have another question, have you ever tried using Benadryl?
I read online about a woman who tried benadryl- there's some theory that it distracts the antibodies in the uterus during implantation, and lets the embryo implant instead of attacking it...

can you shed any light on that?

Nina
IUI #1- BFP 12/26/08

nermeen

Thursday, December 25th 2008, 5:37pm

Also I checked out the Alan Beer site and I can't even think about testing with those prices, it is insane- I can't afford not even one test... do you know what tests I would need to start off with exactly?
IUI #1- BFP 12/26/08

nermeen

Thursday, December 25th 2008, 5:39pm

Sorry i keep remembering questions i wanted to ask:

I have a few allergies to plants like Watermelons, cucumbers, melons in general, pumpkins, dates, figs, strawberries...etc

Is that something i should worry about? What if I treat those allergies? Is there a chance that that would automatically treat possible antibodies in my uterus?

Sorry im flooding you with questions, you seem like one of the few who are experts in this area!

Thanks Blondie:)
IUI #1- BFP 12/26/08

Friday, December 26th 2008, 10:44am

Hi Nermeen

No I have not tried Benadryl.

Unfortunately I am not a doctor so I cannot answer your questions about what to try and what may be happening in your boday.

If you have several allergies you may have high histamine levels, have you had any tests in regards to this?

Patrick Holford is a excellent nutrionist and has several books, he talks on allergies and other subjects, perhaps you could have a read of his books?

I am not sure what tests you have done other than what you have said below. You mention antibodies to sperm, have you or are you able to have this test? have your partner had a sperm test done?

x

nermeen

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 7:24pm

Well no tests for me because i found out I am pregnant! Thank god- I guess it was a serious CM problem, might have had antibodies or just the thick creamy CM wasn't letting anything through wow...
IUI #1- BFP 12/26/08

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 8:20pm

Congratulations!!! :D

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 8:14am

Wonderful news Nermeen.

Congratulations :D

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: None yet, but still hopeful

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 6:21pm

Nermeen, that's fantastic news!!
Me 36 DH 43
TTC since 1998 - 'unexplained'
Endo on bowel, ovaries and lots of scarring/adhesions found early 2009, removed in July 09
Scan 3 months later and all grown back worse than before
Awaiting funding approval for IVF and hope to start early 2010

:hello:
Come and visit me at my NEW IVF Diary - Froggie's IVF Diary

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 8:28pm

I've just had come in on this thread.

I never get sick. Any cold that I get only ever develops into a snuffly nose and a sore throat, never any more.

Is this a sign of auto immune issues? I always though that it was just a strong disposition, coupled with a healthy amount of alcohol to stave off any potential viruses :snigger:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE