You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HelenFS

• "HelenFS" started this thread

Reg: Dec 15th 2008

Monday, December 15th 2008, 11:20am

Newbie here!

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Helen, 31 and I am so glad that I found this site! We were originally being treated for MF infertility with ICSI.

Have just found out the results of my immune bloods from ARGC. Results aren't good - NK cells are 25.0 and others CD3/4 and CD5 are also borderline high. I have also been monitored by my own GP for the last year or so for raised T3 (hyperthyroidism) and it goes up and down like crazy. My own GP wasn't too concerned about the levels as I showed up for negative thyroid antibodies. However, ARGC have said that my immune bloods showed my thyroid as 9 (Normal range 3.9-6.8) and won't treat me at all until I go see an endocrinologist.

So aswell as worrying about the NK cells, my tx with ARGC is delayed until my thyroid is under control. I am so fed up.

I have previously had 1 fresh ICSI and 1 FET with CARE but moved to ARGC as I was concerned about immune issues. My mum suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and my aunt has lupus. Then add to that my dodgy thyroid, I just felt I needed to get my immunes checked. I am so glad I did now!

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and to let you know that I will probably be bombarding you all with questions! I bought Dr Alan Beers book so hopefully that will be here soon.

Helen xxx
Me & DH are 31
MF Infertility - high abnormal forms, low count
CARE
1 x failed ICSI
1 x failed FET cycle
ARGC
Immune Bloods show raised NK cells (CD56) - 25.0
Raised CD3/4 and CD5
High T3 (Thyroid)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "HelenFS" (Dec 15th 2008, 11:22am)

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Monday, December 15th 2008, 11:52am

RE: Newbie here!

Hi Helen

Big hello from all of us at FZ :D and welcome.

I have high NK's myself 22% with various other issues so understand your frustation and the fact that you treatment is now delayed. Looking on the positive side this was probably a good thing as now you have the results and you know the problem and hopefully you can treat it all prior to trying again and give yourselves the best possible chance.

What did ARGC recommend you do other than see an endocrinologist? can they not treat your thyroid problem with drugs? would IVIG help? I am not familiar with drugs / treatment for thyroid.

Alan Beer's book, "Is your Body Baby Friendly"? will talk on this, I will check it out too and come back to you.

XXX
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

HelenFS

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:10pm

Hi Blondie and thanks!

I spoke to ARGC on Friday when they had got my results and I told them that my thyroid always goes up and down (I was a bit desperate to be honest!) but they weren't having any of it. They said that they do treat ladies who have hyperthyroidism with drugs but because mine was so high and also the fact that there is a low level of thyroid antibodies in my blood (range 0-50, mine was less than 10) they are concerned that there is something else going on. To be honest, I do have quite a few of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism (except weight loss - how unfair!!!)

I think my immune issues are all linked to family history with my mum's RA plus she had 3 miscarriages with and needed progesterone injections to keep me (I think she will have had high NK cells!)

I'm going to see my GP on Wed and get a referral for an endocrinologist. Luckily we have private health care and that is one thing that they will pay for!

As far as my NK cells they said steroids, is that what you are on? And/or IVIG.

I am keen to know what Dr Alan Beer says about the thyroid though.

Helen xxx

P.S. How do I get the smilies etc?
Me & DH are 31
CARE
1 x failed ICSI
1 x failed FET cycle
ARGC
Raised CD3/4 and CD5
High T3 (Thyroid)

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:11pm

Welcome to :FZ: Helen

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

HelenFS

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:15pm

Thanks Polly Pocket!

The site is brilliant and I know already that I will be using it lots.

How do I get smilies up on my messages?

Helen xxx
Me & DH are 31
CARE
1 x failed ICSI
1 x failed FET cycle
ARGC
Raised CD3/4 and CD5
High T3 (Thyroid)

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:20pm

I'm glad you like it. :smile:

If you want to use smilies, just look to the left hand side of the screen next to then box you compose a post in and you'll see a box with a small selection of smilies showing. Click on the *more* button to view all of our smilies and select the smilie you want by clicking on it and it will appear in your post.

I hope that makes sense!

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

HelenFS

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:26pm

Hi Polly Pocket

To the left all I can see is:

HTML is not allowed
BBCode is allowed
Smilies are not allowed
Images are not allowed

I have gone back into my profile to try edit these settings but don't know which bit to change!

xxx
Me & DH are 31
CARE
1 x failed ICSI
1 x failed FET cycle
ARGC
Raised CD3/4 and CD5
High T3 (Thyroid)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:42pm

Hi Helen

We're in the middle of making some small changes on the forum at the moment, one of those changes is that smilies and images are only available to members with over 25 posts, or to FertilityZone Friends

** GETTING STARTED ON FERTILITYZONE **

FZ runs entirely on the kind support of its members and the busier and busier we have become, the costs have risen so we're looking at ways of keeping the bandwidth down.

** HAS FERTILITYZONE SUPPORTED YOU??!! **

If you don't wish to become a 'friend' just yet, it's really not a problem! Settle in and make sure you like us!!

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

HelenFS

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:50pm

Thanks Eeyore

xxx
Me & DH are 31
CARE
1 x failed ICSI
1 x failed FET cycle
ARGC
Raised CD3/4 and CD5
High T3 (Thyroid)

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Monday, December 15th 2008, 1:13pm

It is very unfortunate that you have immune related issues in your family as obviously it can have an impact and has on you :sadface: I don't really have any in my family and have no idea why my body is reacting the way it is.

Yes I need IVIG to bring down my NK's, steroids do not make a difference to mine, I have tried them in the past and do still take them when I trying in a cycle just as a back up. I haven't had IVIG as yet. We are next trying in January when I will have IVIG prior to ovulation as well as other drugs and fingers crossed it works. IVIG is very expensive and doesn't last in the body for long (about 4-6 weeks).

It is very good news that you have private health care, there could be a good chance you could be seen before xmas? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

xx
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE