You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lilly123

• "Lilly123" started this thread

Reg: Nov 24th 2008

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 3:23pm

Sperm antibodies - help - IUI or ICSI?

Hello - my DH has been diagnosed with sperm antibodies... anyone got pregnant naturally with sperm antibodies? Should we try IUI and then ICSI?Experiences welcome.. thanks Tanya

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Monday, December 15th 2008, 10:55am

RE: Sperm antibodies - help - IUI or ICSI?

Hi Tanya

Welcome to :FZ:

I'm sorry but I don't know about sperm antibodies; are you having a follow up with your clinic who have told you about the antibodies? With this information they should be telling you precisely what it implies in terms of whether you could still fall pregnant naturally or whether assisted conception treatments such as IUI/IVF/ICSI will be needed. From the little i've read, sperm with antibodies needs to be washed so I'd imagine you may be looking at some form of treatment, possibly IUI.

We have a thread here LIFE IN THE LAB - FOR ALL OF YOUR SPERM QUESTIONS and Sperm Scientist may be able to help with your query but my advice would be to clarify with your clinic what the next steps are.

Sorry i couldn't help more.

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: Girl 17, Boy 15 and baby Jessica

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 1:55pm

Hi, my DH has also antibobies on his sperm which is why we have been unable to concieve naturally. We are currently about to have ICIS
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN
ICIS April 2009 :BFP: :shocked:

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

Reg: Jan 23rd 2009

Children: guys ACU

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 2:23pm

hi Tanya

i wanted to let you know we are also dealing with spearm ASA.
do you know what % there are as the higher % the less chance of a natural PG. sadly we have 90-100%

i have read miracle stories where people have conceived with 98 % ASA but these are miracle ones, as far as i k now. depending on the rest of the sperm statistics you would need either IUI if high numbers and good motility or if very bad numbers ASA then def IVF or ICSI as they need to be washed.

hope this helps

J x

Lilly123

• "Lilly123" started this thread

Reg: Nov 24th 2008

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 3:11pm

Thanks for the responses - we have about 66% antibodies but with high numbers and ok motility - we are doing IUI #2 now with Gonal F so FX!! Good luck to you both!! xxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE