You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mumoftwo2008" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2008

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 4:27pm

Newbie, with ovulation after depo question....

Hi All,

I have posted a hello post on the Newbie thread and have searched to see if there are any other threads on this subject but cant seem to find any ?...........

I have been TTC #3 since June, i can off the Depo in March and only got my first AF on 10th Nov but since then i have had another AF on 25th Nov and started spotting again yesterday???

I have been bbt charting since june and haven't been oving at all in that time. My AF came back after i started taking Agnus Castus but as explained above then i started bleedin 2 weeks later and again yesterday.

I am aware that it can take a year to 'get back to normal' after the depo but i wanted to see if anyone else had experiences like this that i can compare too?

Thanks
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Renee78

Michelle

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 4:36pm

Hi mumof two
I've posted a welcome on your other thread but i did a search and found this thread which i think may be useful as it has advice on coming off depo injections and on using agnus castus :smile:Agnus castus

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 8:40pm

Hmmmm... Actually, it can take up to 2 years to ovulate after Depo - or so we were taught at our "family planning advisor" training course...
Unfortunately I have zero knowledge of Agnus Castus though...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 11:44pm

and I wasn't actually ovulating 3 years after coming off depo injections, despite having regular periods.

I started ovulating after an IVF cycle but don't know if it was the drugs, acupuncture or the agnus cactus I took after the cycle failed.

Hope this helps

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 3:17pm

Hi and welcome

I was on the depo injection for about 10 years and my periods never returned to normal after coming off it. We sought assistance after a year of trying. I didn't have any periods the whole of time I was on it.

I've read varying accounts of when your periods could/should return after stopping it and when you might regain your fertility.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE