You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mrs Paulz

Christmas Fairy

• "Mrs Paulz" started this thread

Reg: May 26th 2007

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 1:11pm

Adopting from abroad

Dear Husband has been talking at work to somebody who has told him that it is easy to adopt a child from Russia.. she is a russian lady. Does any one know anything about adopting from abroad and what pitfalls may happen?
mrs p:smile::smile:
:smile:

• "gayle1803" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 1:30pm

RE: Adopting form abroad

Hi

we have just finished our four day Introduction Adoption course. They did cover International Adoption slightly, it seemed to me that it was alot harder to Adopt from an International country, obviously each country has different requirements, some asking an awful lot, I remember one ( cant remember which one) wanted Full surveyor details and pictures on the house, full income history, confirmation of a will and much more. You still go through the same requiremnts checks etc with your local government, but they will charge you for this, starting from about £3000 but apparently they said some councils down south were charging up to £20,000!

we heard of one family adopting from Russia and it definately was a very lenght procedure 4 years down the line and are still waiting.
All travelling costs you have to cover yourself. To us it sure did not look easy bar far!!! but Adoption isnst, If you are interested you should contact your local coucil and maybe go on one of the information courses, it realy is very informative and will help you to understand what is involved.

Good luck hun
xxxx

Mrs Paulz

Christmas Fairy

• "Mrs Paulz" started this thread

Reg: May 26th 2007

Friday, December 5th 2008, 10:19pm

The trouble is P has set his heart on this. I am not sure. Just go with the flow I think will be the answer with him. Let him get all the information from his Russian friend at work. She Emailed him about getting solicitors etc so I am not sure what he has actually talked to her about. I am just not sure this is a wise move to be honest. I will have to talk to him
mrs p:smile::smile:
:smile:

Rufus

Star

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Monday, December 8th 2008, 2:36pm

HI Mrs Paulz, Russia is the most expensive country to adopt from - it is not easy, but may be shorter than Thailand, China etc. Be prepared for megabucks and at least two Russian trips. Also care in Russian orphanages, although fine is not just as good as South East Asia in general. Feel free to pm me if you want any other info, love x
Keep smiling :happy:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE